RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

If B.Martin....

But I've never owned a dirty grubby public bar that serves drunks and idiots Hound Fan, you must be confusing me with someone else.

When you write the letter to the DLA get some help, if your efforts above are any indication they'll think you're drunk in charge of a pencil!!

BTW I'm only joking with you, don't take me too seriously. :P

Me neither but the whole point is,bryan is innocent till proof proves otherwise,and yes you have had a bar that serves drunks ,i've been in them many a times.

Sheriff, I absolutely agree with you about the need for a drug test and or breathalyser on the night, so does Brian in fact he asked for one and was refused. Never mind the papers still headlined next day he was drunk. Now who sounds pissed? I have heard Brian pissed on more than occasion I also heard the first race just before Linda and I went out for a meal. I said to her, something is wrong with Brian, not for one second though did I think alcohol was the cause. There has been no natural justice in this episode.........YET. Like you I have also heard a large quantity of the general public drunk and in my 30 odd years as an ambulance officer came across a number who sounded exactly the same who had never had a drink in their lives.

I am surprised at your determination to pursue the same story with absolutely no proof. You often remind racecafers not to do exactly that. Are you the pot or the kettle

Reilly no hard feelings we realise that being a public persona and the fact it happened in a public forum there was always going to be speculation especially with the false information the press had been fed. But please realise why Brian cannot defend himself in public before this is settled and it is best I say no more either.

To everyone else, thanks for the support.

Cheers Mike

Cheep shot Sheriff and you do yourself no favours. You understand why I cannot do that and even if I could I wouldn't. I will leave it to you and Hanabil to write your own versions, the truth matters not when a good story is sought. I have said for a long time that if a poll was carried out tomorrow on trustworthiness by occupation The media would be way below used car salesmen, politicians and investment consultants. I guess you owning the website probably lumps you in with the media.

So let me get this right.

Brian wasn't intoxicated or under the influence of any substance, but he was speaking in a manner that suggested he was under the influence of something significant, is that correct?

If it is correct can I assume he had a breakdown or that he'd been visited by the 'holy spirit', and was speaking in tongues, in a similar manner to that chap in Christchurch who tried to get the dead man to rise from his coffin during the week.

I'd also rather like to know how he was ever allowed to leave the track without being tested for any substances that may have contributed to his condition...who allowed that?

So let me get this right ! lol gee your a douche sheriff your an absolute moron.

Hope you come back brian your the best we've ever had !

I really think this whole subject could be very easily laid to rest simply by the "bosses" making a simple statement telling us  is Martin still employed and if so where he presently is or if he is no longer employed to call the races did he resign or was his employ terminated.     Simple really.

I love B Martin as much as the next person but I think the current guys filling in deserve some credit.  As I've said before you can't compare them to him really.  It's like when Richie McCaw gets injured and his replacement gets bagged because he is not in the same class.  Daryl Robinson has improved with the experience and I thought Rozo was sensational for a guy that works his butt off for Trackside behind the scenes and was called in when on track with family and friends.  He is one of the few in any code(along with Brian) who give detailed reasoning why they are tipping certain dogs which helps with punting for those not in the know but also is entertaining.  We aren't rich in depth with commentators as a lot of people have said so we have to make use of what we have currently. 

There are probably some legal matters at hand which does not allow either side to say anything publicly.  Whlst it would be nice for everyone to know the full story (and what is going on), employment matters are complex and it would not be wise for any public statements to be made until it has been resolved.

I agree with Dustydreamsnz that the fill in commentators have done a really good job.  Not in the same class as Brian Martin - but how could you be if you didn't do it week in and week out?

The new commentators are doing a good job and will only improve the more they get to do it. Having to listen to Peter Earley mumble and fumble his way through another meeting at Cambridge today and Trevor Wilkes is past his best its very apparent that there needs to be new commentators getting a chance to come through to replace the current commentators when they retire. BRING BACK BRIAN

Yeah, that's right Glen. Who would you rather listen to? Trev or Rozo?

Rozo anyday. He's no BM but definitely has lengths on poor old Trev. I take it Rozo will be calling tommorow night as he's got a few lengths on Daryll Robinson IMO. Well done with Squeezer today punk :D

OMG Trevor Wilkes drives me INSANE! No one cares about your bloody place 6 / Quaddie!! Bloody Trevor goes on about his selections like every punter has jumped on because he's tipped it. Focus on your commentating and stop sounding like such a gambling addict... " Kyann you naughty wee girl you " oh puhlease retire Trev....

Yep, agree with all that.  The point is we have commentator(s) around not employed on a permanent basis who are good enough although Rozo does have a lot on his plate.

Yes Rozo doe's have a lot on his plate. The way i read it he got rid of T Lee and B Martin, and now fancies his prowess behind the mike. Both T Lee and B Martin are irreplaceable within the NZ racing scene. It pisses me of that the man responsible for getting rid of B Martin then leaps into his shoe's and starts calling the races. For mine its a scabby act.

Yes Rozo doe's have a lot on his plate. The way i read it he got rid of T Lee and B Martin, and now fancies his prowess behind the mike. Both T Lee and B Martin are irreplaceable within the NZ racing scene. It pisses me of that the man responsible for getting rid of B Martin then leaps into his shoe's and starts calling the races. For mine its a scabby act.

Explain further or retract your statements IMO. Where did you 'read it'? Look forward to your reply.

Mike.. how did Brian go with his meeting with the  TAB...  personally  i hope he gets paid out  (100s) of thousands for unfair dismissal.TAB need to be bought down a peg or too...

Get rid of the wannabes that hibernate there who tend to see themselves as valueable employees..

Privatising the TAB here like VIC TAB in Australia would shake out the weeds that grow there..