RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

The Hore Incident - Law Change Needed

The Hoo Haa over the recent incidents of foul play surely highlights the need to return to the old basic law of Rugby - You cannot play the man who does not have the ball. Outlaw this stupid cleaning out crap - how many injuries and instances of foul play have been created since this law was changed?

It wasn't a ruck clean out, it was in open play, and it was an understandable reaction.

Hore's a hard bloke and he was headed for his first ruck of the day all fired up after team talks, anthems and Haka's.

The Welsh lock ran in front of him, impeding him the first time. That would have annoyed Hore.

Then the Welsh lock runs in front of him again, just as he's about to launch himself into the ruck.

That would be too much for any no nonsense bloke to take. Something had to give........and it did.

It's a tough lesson, but I'll bet the big lock doesn't run interference in any future games.

The Welsh lock should have been cited for inciting Hore.

^^ Give me a spell... Can't believe mostly everyone on here defending Hore, other players impede other players lines every friggen game!!!

What Hore did was a blatant act of thuggery and totally uncalled for IMO. He will forever be remembered for this incident. Should have gotten 8 weeks, and how he can use warm up games as his suspension is bollocks... Same as Guildford last year!

This wasn't a little clip over the ears. This was a massive king hit on a bloke that had no idea what was about to happen... If that had of been any all black, it'd probably still be on the front page of the paper!

^^ Give me a spell... Can't believe mostly everyone on here defending Hore, other players impede other players lines every friggen game!!!

What Hore did was a blatant act of thuggery and totally uncalled for IMO. He will forever be remembered for this incident. Should have gotten 8 weeks, and how he can use warm up games as his suspension is bollocks... Same as Guildford last year!

This wasn't a little clip over the ears. This was a massive king hit on a bloke that had no idea what was about to happen... If that had of been any all black, it'd probably still be on the front page of the paper!

Don't know about "defending" Hore Reilly...pretty hard to do that. The review board obviously looked at the circumstances leading up to the hit which must have reduced the "expected" suspension time. He certainly was pissed at Davies who changed his running line more than once. It's a pity he wasn't 10-12 inches lower with that swinging arm and just drove him into the ruck area. Yeah its a shame he will be remembered for this.....I still remember his departure from the Canes....and the seals. I doubt he will ever play over that way again....probably wouldn't want to anyway. As for an All Black doing something similar....I very much doubt it. More important facets of the game to worry about than running interference.

I agree Uriah......he won't be in a hurry to run interference again. Maybe he should have a crack at Gridiron.

Uriah you are old school eh?

Poor old Meadsy wouldn't have finished a game now days.

That was a clean out.A la Hore style

Yeah my playing days are behind me Memphis, but even in the modern game there are no cameras down at the local park. Down the park on Saturday if some bloke keeps running in your way when he has no right too, you clip him around the ear. That's expected.

I reckon part of the problem was that the modern game at the top level is so sanitised that this big Welsh boofer thought he could run interference all day and get away with it........... Well he doesn't think that any longer.