RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
punkrock

Loose Tracks

Who made the ridiculous decision that tracks are now produced dry, loose and deep at race meetings?

All this produces is injuries from dogs having to drive through a deep track or having shifting ground underneath them, and with the amount of dirt and sand being kicked up into the back markers faces how can people expect these dogs to run on.

I heard it was in response to the recent pressure the industry is under which in my opinion is a knee jerk reaction to a problem that doesnt exist and will only lead to other problems.

Taken from the stipes report

"The track was presented in good order and with all equipment working well, the meeting proceeded smoothly but unfortunately there were a number of serious Greyhound injuries which is always disappointing. However, it is difficult to pinpoint any particular reason for todays injury toll but I don't personally believe that the condition of the track was to blame."

Very questionable and all Hock injuries seemed to happened at roughly the same area!

Expect it to continue whilst the tracks are the way they are, people making the decisions to make the tracks like this dont know what they are doing..... there has been alot of serious muscle tears in recent weeks due to loose tracks too.... its not good enough!!

3 dogs injured monday, another gracilis injury on wednesday with a 28 day stand down, and 2 28 day stand downs and a 21 day stand down on friday. Loose tracks are not preventing injuries, they are causing them. was always going to be this way

3 dogs injured monday, another gracilis injury on wednesday with a 28 day stand down, and 2 28 day stand downs and a 21 day stand down on friday. Loose tracks are not preventing injuries, they are causing them. was always going to be this way

Hi all, I do not come on here that often because most of what is on here is crap,including sherrifs input{ I go on kiwi dogs}

But I have to say that I agree with all of the above.

It was about 8 years ago that Wanganui had tracks like this.All soft, and most of the dogs were coming off with muscle injurys.

As I am on the Board at Wanganui I have no say about the track. The Stipes have all the say.

I suggest that if you are not happy tell them.

I do not want to run at any track in CD till it rains. It could be a long wait.

Bev Duganzich

I agree with you there punkrock, the buck should stop with the clubs, they are the ones that employ the curators, so they have the say on how its done.

Stipes shouldnt have a say on the track unless its unraceable, and in these instances of unsatisfactory.

Bev, why dont you bring it up next meeting and discuss things, because it is obviously being left off the agenda

Punkrock, I would like you to get that in writing from the Stipes. I know that the stipes do tell the club curator when to put water on, or not. I would like anyone that does not like the way the track is, to put it in writing, to GRNZ, the Stipes,and of course, the Club.

We had Wanganui AGM back in November,and you could not get people, to agree what they wanted, loose,firm, or wet.

I am not waiting for a board meeting, I am sending them an e/mail. So can you.

Bev