RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jasonmccook

Oz dog pools during the day

Watching a dog race from Oz today and without co-mingled trifecta pool the trifecta wasn't struck so was jackpot of $205!!! Why bother having a bet in that race as basically if you struck the tri with the 8/8 beating 7/7 beating 6/6 all u would be rewarded with is $205, what a waste of time.

I stick to Quinella and First Four as know the pots are worth chasing!!!

I don't think trifecta pools are commingled at all Jason... Go and have a look at all Australian meetings irrelevant of the code and I've found over the last week, the f4 pools are at least 5-6 times larger sometimes upto 10-15 times larger... Was going to make a post and ask about it actually because if you do take one your a mug!

I took a trifecta in Aus where there was something like 370 in the pool...The only three in single figures, the $1.90 fav winning, the second fav at $3 2nd, and the third fav also at $3 running 3rd, the trifecta paid $65. Thought was huge value! The fourth fav was at 9.70 and there was only 7 in the field

Watching a dog race from Oz today and without co-mingled trifecta pool the trifecta wasn't struck so was jackpot of $205!!! Why bother having a bet in that race as basically if you struck the tri with the 8/8 beating 7/7 beating 6/6 all u would be rewarded with is $205, what a waste of time.

I stick to Quinella and First Four as know the pots are worth chasing!!!

Gee your a bit slow Jason, this has been the case for yrs. The reason the trifectas are not co mingled is the NZ TAB have a much higher takeout rate than our Australian cousins so there for cannot co mingle. Invariably the Australian trifectas pay better than ours. The NZ TAB need the extra revenue that they glean from the poor hopeless NZ Punter to pay for all the bludgers administering NZ Racing. A top heavy Trackside is one prime example.

Myself i only bet where the takeout is lowest. w/p are good 14.7%. Trifectas are poor value, about 26% takeout before you start. Avoid quinellas on NZ racing, about 22% takeout, whereas if placed on an Australian race about 15%. Trebles are poor value, about 26% and once again not co mingled for the same reasons as trifectas. First 4s are ok as they are co mingled and have the same takeout as Australia, hence the bigger pools. Quaddies are ok as once again co mingled and attract lower Australian takeout rate. Pick 6s poor value as they get flogged the highest takeout rate, about 28%.