RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
clarkie

Why is it?

That, up to the end of last year the Venues and days throughout the country were consistent and since then have been a bloody shambles? It happens every year, almost as if the people responsible for the dates and venues and consistency of our product give up at this point while in the process of doing the job at hand. It must make things really difficult for the followers that frequent our meetings, staff that work on course for clubs, owners,trainers, and any one else connected.

I can understand days of the week changing to accommodate Feature meetings and other commonsense reasons to benefit the racing but of late, it has been in my mind anyway, ridiculous, and almost as if, without thought. The Nomination days have been shagged around with as well which must handicap and confuse Trainers. There are so many small factors being overlooked in my opinion at club level almost as if they are leaving it to Head Office to handle and of course this simply is not the case. Are there owners,Trainers supporters ,punters out there that feel this way?

Clarkie.

Someone else besides myself has bought this subject up.We must B consistent with Noms closing and race days.Just does not happen though does it.An old saying if U take care of the little things the big things take care of themselves.

Lion.

Well, Wanganui gave Manawatu 10 Wednesday's in the summer, to help them pay their way. At the time this was a good decision, but to the detriment of the club, re consistancy for racing.

As you know some dog like some tracks more than others, just like people.

You would not know how many people come down on Friday night when we are not racing. Wanganui spent over $20k pa. on advertising to get people to the track,Fridays,oops not on again. and to find out that CH -CH would like our Fridays, well we would like Auckland's Sunday but I would hope the GRA see sense and leave it alone.

I lived in Auckland and 50yrs ago on a Sunday when we had nothing better to do we would go to Kumeu dogs. We had no real interest in dogs but did not ring and ask them if they were on.

We just drove from Northcote to Kumeu.

People do not ring Wentworth Park, they know they are on Saturday,Albion park is on thurs (plus other days now). We will not get anywhere till all tracks have their own days.

Clarkie, I also would like to say that the Wang club has worked hard to get where they are and they get NO help from J Mc. How would you like it if you breed a litter and some one else got the credit.

Bev

Well, Wanganui gave Manawatu 10 Wednesday's in the summer, to help them pay their way. At the time this was a good decision, but to the detriment of the club, re consistancy for racing.

As you know some dog like some tracks more than others, just like people.

You would not know how many people come down on Friday night when we are not racing. Wanganui spent over $20k pa. on advertising to get people to the track,Fridays,oops not on again. and to find out that CH -CH would like our Fridays, well we would like Auckland's Sunday but I would hope the GRA see sense and leave it alone.

I lived in Auckland and 50yrs ago on a Sunday when we had nothing better to do we would go to Kumeu dogs. We had no real interest in dogs but did not ring and ask them if they were on.

We just drove from Northcote to Kumeu.

People do not ring Wentworth Park, they know they are on Saturday,Albion park is on thurs (plus other days now). We will not get anywhere till all tracks have their own days.

Clarkie, I also would like to say that the Wang club has worked hard to get where they are and they get NO help from J Mc. How would you like it if you breed a litter and some one else got the credit.

Bev

Manipulated this consistency of race dates and venues because of "Double Nominations" and other reasons they wouldn't have a first hand experience of.

Surely if they are worried about the lack of high grade nominations. They need to look at the raw abuse of imports and the low grade races. How stupid is it to allow a dog that has an astute trainer to downgrade to C.1 and win TWO MORE RACES before attempting to down grade again simply because the dog is a nonnie.

No wonder we have a backlog. So what do they do? Change the Dates and the venues .Confuse us all.. WHY?