RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
deegee

where is peter early

is he having a holiday,or has he been given the DCBM(dont come back monday)Brian Martin is a great caller of the dogs as well and is doing a good job,just curious about Peter.

Peter Earley has been around for a good part of 40 years so maybe he is having a decent well earned hoilday.

They could at least however inform his faithful followers who've to listened to him & his crew when he is due back.

Saturday afternoon Radio Trackside with there Pick 6 selectors isn't the same either with that guy Claydon who rambles on & on with his picks. Sounds like he's drunk waffling on way he does.

Bring back Earley, Brownie & Delli on a Saturday please.

deegee, & kdt maybe you could contact radio Trackside or LA Stud, they should know a thing or too when Pete's back, or if he's coming back - which he better be.

http://www.thedogs.c...aspx?NewsID=495

After this year's series, Peter Earley will have called all but two of the 42 enthralling editions of the Plasterboard Duke Of Edinburgh Silver Collar. That in itself is a true reflection of professional stamina based race commentaries.

http://www.lastud.co.nz/

Tune into Radio Trackside with Sam Williams and Peter Earley from 11:30 to 12:00 midday every Saturday.

Rival Greyhound Commentator Brian Martin made reference yesterday to having another 8 days of his hectic calling schedule left,so that indicates when Pete Earley is likely to be back on the airwaves!

Pete sure is a legend. An outstanding broadcaster who is such a natural. Never forget the days when Francie used to ring up paraletic on a Saturday afternoon and sign off with a song. The best radio entertainment.

By the way, who is the clown Stefan who has been on the air the last few months?? About as pleasant as listening to a chainsaw going through corrugated iron! Cant tip and has a hangers-on role which makes me wonder does his dad own the station!

Pete sure is a legend. An outstanding broadcaster who is such a natural. Never forget the days when Francie used to ring up paraletic on a Saturday afternoon and sign off with a song. The best radio entertainment.

By the way, who is the clown Stefan who has been on the air the last few months?? About as pleasant as listening to a chainsaw going through corrugated iron! Cant tip and has a hangers-on role which makes me wonder does his dad own the station!

Think he is a producer, quite often hear the host saying call Stefan the producer

Pete's a real nice guy to have a chat with as well, about things other than doggies as well. Have met him a few times in at the station. See my previous post with regards Stefan. I'm assuming he's just being used as a fill-in? You'll be hoping.......... :D

Pete's a real nice guy to have a chat with as well, about things other than doggies as well. Have met him a few times in at the station. See my previous post with regards Stefan. I'm assuming he's just being used as a fill-in? You'll be hoping.......... :D

Stefan certainly isn't a fill in... I agree tho he annoys the hell out of me aswell... He seems to put on a completely fake voice when doing radio, like he's trying to add suspense but just sounds like a complete knob!

Rival Greyhound Commentator Brian Martin made reference yesterday to having another 8 days of his hectic calling schedule left,so that indicates when Pete Earley is likely to be back on the airwaves!

Kevin,

Peter Earley is my inspiration, my mentor, my hero, my boss, my confidante, my savior, my superior and the best greyhound commentator that New Zealand has ever seen.

He will never ever be my rival.

Brian

Kevin,

Peter Earley is my inspiration, my mentor, my hero, my boss, my confidante, my savior, my superior and the best greyhound commentator that New Zealand has ever seen.

He will never ever be my rival.

Brian

Sir Brian Martin, personally I'd like to thank you for every thing you do / have done for greyhound racing. For having the balls to speak out when something's not right, for not bowing down to the unprofessional NZGRA who at times looks like its run by primary school students. You are the best greyhound commentator in NZ by miles and not a bad tipster aswell! Now if only you could get race videos from all clubs uploaded online, you would be close to god! Haha love your work mate. Absolute legend

Hi Brian,

Good to see you enter The Cafe Ranks with your Maiden Post.

I don't disagree with a word you say.

I first met Pete mid-1980's when we both got paid to attend Races at Avondale..he was On-Course Announcer,and it was obvious then he possessed a brilliant voice for broadcasting behind the microphone,and that has never diminished.

Us Northern Greyhound Enthusiasts in particular,(and Code Followers Nationwide),are certainly spoiled with Two Quality Callers and Tipsters..long may you both continue to inject your passions on Trackside.

Cheers,Pilli.

Ha Ha...Yes Stefan. He must be the worst person I have heard on Trackside. Sorry, but someone has to take that mic away from him now..... Before he thinks he is good ....then starts calling races!!!

Stefan certainly isn't a fill in... I agree tho he annoys the hell out of me aswell... He seems to put on a completely fake voice when doing radio, like he's trying to add suspense but just sounds like a complete knob!

Seeing as others have raised the unfortunate 'issue' of Stefan's involvement on Radio Trackside, I will add my complete, 100% endorsement of the comments above with a plea that he continue his fantastic work behind the scenes and NOT a microphone!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

ReillyM - you hit the nail completely dead centre on the head with your comment about the weird voice he puts on when speaking on air: it drives me insane and I have even been known to turn off Radio Trackside when he's talking!! [albeit only till my heart-rate has dropped back to normal] He is seriously the most unfit person I have ever heard behind a mike - just terrible.

This is 100% accurate if what was said on air this past Wednesday is correct.

Thanks to those who followed up our concerns where Pete is, when he is returning & informing us listeners live on air.

Where would we be without the internet to find out these things?

Remember the old days with party line telephones, telegrams & bush telegraph as means of communicating?

We bet that Peter Earley does!!

he is back on air next wednesday i think

And as for Peter Early, I think he is a good caller, but I think he is even better as a host on Trackside Radio.

He could improve, in my opinion. He reads the advance divvies at a hundred miles an hour like he has to get them out in less than 10 seconds as though he is still in the Radio Pacific days. And sometimes, they are read higgledy piggledy in order to make it sound more interesting, but is a pain if you are trying to write them down or follow them. Example : Number 1 Bonecrusher ridden by Gary Stewart paying $4 to win $1.30 place. Lance O'Sullivan rides Horlicks number 2, $5 and $2. $3 and $1.20 for number 3 Sunline, Greg Childs etc etc. There needs to be a set format for reading them out that applies to all the presenters. Prospective punters listening need to know and be accustomed to a format. Makes it easier for the old brain to process.

Also, in my opinion, and this doesn't solely apply to Peter Early, an interview with a trainer for a race 2 days away is given precedence over a race in question coming up, meaning if you are wanting to get a bet on the race coming up, you are never 100% certain that the advance divvies will be read out in time for you to get a bet on. The uncertainty means Radio Trackside becomes a bit of a lost cause, if you are a punter. Often an interview is cut off midstream for a race. Instead of the interviews, why not have some analysis of the upcoming race, reading out the divvies, and trying to generate some turnover? That way, a punter doesn't get the feeling they are missing out on something.

Oh well, where would the world be if we weren't allowed to grumble occasionally? :)

Just after noon today on Trackside Radio my old mate Stefan got his hands on the Mic....... He said he was excited about the NZ Trotting Cup Trials on tonight!!!!! The host went silent...... Only a day late Stefan, last night at 6pm???

Its a pity us punters cant get him a job at the TAB, he probably wouldnt close races till the next day!!!! We would be rich...... :wub:

Hilarious. When I first heard him I thought he was someone who had won a competition to spend an hour on the radio. Theres a saying about having "a face for radio" - what the hell does Stefan "have a voice for"???