RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mark Daly

Wet Track for the Telegraph?

Another skating rink? If they don't water and the track receives rain on sat morn it could turn into another Rotarua scenario. In my opinion, the track should be watered regularly. If it rains so be it but at least the track won't be a skating rink and risk being called off!

The problem at Rotorua is caused by a botched reconstruction of their track. I walked it last year and it was obvious that what was once one of the best draining tracks in the country had been ruined. Rotorua was a pumice track with the ability to drain quickly in wet weather and provide a cushion in dry conditions. The work saw topsoil substitured for the pumice track and it simply doesn't hold together.

There was obviously plenty of rain at Trentham in the weeks leading up to the meeting, so there was no need to irrigate.

It is simply people who don't know what they are doing following an Australian policy which is to provide a Dead 3 track.

New Zealand racing has been ruined by people trying to import policy from overseas without any idea of the consequences that has for local racing.

If Dead 3 is the perfect surface for racing, then tell me what they do at Trentham in July to provide such a surface?

Well done Wellington Racing Club. Your decision to irrigate the track on Thursday night when everyone knew rain was coming has CONTRIBUTED to the track you will have this afternoon.

You may have ruined what many thought would be the " RACE OF THE SEASON"

Lets hope your gates don't contribute to making the day the disaster you deserve.

Bulls##t!!

Of course the sting will be out of it because the idiots responsible for the track have been pouring water on to it in spite of a terrible forecast and Mother Nature doing her bit. When will they ever learn?

Cant comment on your input but can on your user name

I remember the old grey horse very well and with fondness. Trained by Herb Bergeson. Raced around the CD against Kevin Thompsons team of Samsa,Cohen and Trial Bid etc

Memory lane stuff. Whats your connection?

The problem at Rotorua is caused by a botched reconstruction of their track. I walked it last year and it was obvious that what was once one of the best draining tracks in the country had been ruined. Rotorua was a pumice track with the ability to drain quickly in wet weather and provide a cushion in dry conditions. The work saw topsoil substitured for the pumice track and it simply doesn't hold together.

There was obviously plenty of rain at Trentham in the weeks leading up to the meeting, so there was no need to irrigate.

It is simply people who don't know what they are doing following an Australian policy which is to provide a Dead 3 track.

New Zealand racing has been ruined by people trying to import policy from overseas without any idea of the consequences that has for local racing.

If Dead 3 is the perfect surface for racing, then tell me what they do at Trentham in July to provide such a surface?

Exactly.

Cant comment on your input but can on your user name

I remember the old grey horse very well and with fondness. Trained by Herb Bergeson. Raced around the CD against Kevin Thompsons team of Samsa,Cohen and Trial Bid etc

Memory lane stuff. Whats your connection?

He is Welcome Partner's brother:D

whoever is in charge of making the hair brained decision to water the track 2 days before races when the rain WAS forecst to come BEFORE the races, needs to be shot. he has single handedly ruined the track for one of the premier days of racing in NZ,he is totally incompetent, one of the worst decisions I have seen made. Hope he is happy now in the middle of summer horses running around in a bog.

whoever is in charge of making the hair brained decision to water the track 2 days before races when the rain WAS forecst to come BEFORE the races, needs to be shot. he has single handedly ruined the track for one of the premier days of racing in NZ,he is totally incompetent, one of the worst decisions I have seen made. Hope he is happy now in the middle of summer horses running around in a bog.

Look at Telegraph Handicap 2010 (Group 1 ) thread - post 87!

looks like the answer is YES

Exactly Leigh - drives a lot of us mad! What a spectacle the Telegraph was shaping up to be - and now it's quite simply been downgraded; sure the rain may have done that anyway - but why exacerbate it with irrigation??????