RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Todamax101

Nom du Jeu

Nom du Jeu to stand at Fairdale Stud 09 Feb 2010

NZTM Update

Nom du Jeu (Montjeu ex Prized Gem, by Prized) had been secured for stud duties at Fairdale Stud near Palmerston North.

- is it the usual way to go about it - to go public re the stallion shares - or is this usually sorted between parties and then the big announcement made?

Anyway - good to see a new, quality horse join the stallion ranks in the CD.

What mares are you pedigree buffs thinking would do best with this guy - and what do you think of the fee he's being stood at for his first season?

If you were looking for the Montjeu factor would you go for him at 6K or go up the road to Letham for Mettre En Jeu at half that fee?

Great to see another staying sire in the CD after Mettre En Jeu and Sculptor recently started serving. I think the 6k is fair given he was one of the best 2400m horses in Australasia at his best and were it not for his injury could have won more G1's. That said, there was talk of him having Montjeu's 'soft bones' which caused his retirement and that might put off some if there is any truth to it.

Fair enough service fee I think, but he didnt retire through injury, a bone disease stopped him I thought.

Is the hereditary thing a worry. I try to avoid breeding to any known weakness's if possible.