RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Idolmite

Doggies on 60 Minutes, TV3, tonight

Is that right..? Well I can't find any of that blog on the 60 mins site anymore. Dodgy as, there was some gold there from terryc. Very well researched info about the dodgy goings on of the anti-greyhound league in the US

the fact is aaron cross is in bed with them all, his figures come from them and are all over his facebook site , the other thing is we all heard about the accident in aust where the car ran of the road with dog trailer behind coming home from the sa cup heats well he has it pasted all over his facebook site with australian idiot loses control he doesnt even bother to look into reason why it happened he just classifies the driver an idiot he should remove that comment and apologise straight away

the fact is aaron cross is in bed with them all, his figures come from them and are all over his facebook site , the other thing is we all heard about the accident in aust where the car ran of the road with dog trailer behind coming home from the sa cup heats well he has it pasted all over his facebook site with australian idiot loses control he doesnt even bother to look into reason why it happened he just classifies the driver an idiot he should remove that comment and apologise straight away

Not his style to apologise, even when he's wrong. He's blocked me from commenting on his facebook page, rational debate is not his style ,either.

Aside from the fact that Cross wants greyhound racing banned, the guts of the problem is that he raises some valid points and the greyhound industry is not responding to them in a manner to alleviate his (and surely the rest of our) concerns. In particular, the lack of knowledge around how many dogs are injured on the track, how many are put down, and the misreporting of fatalities (as retired). I would like those queries answered appropriately too.

Aside from the fact that Cross wants greyhound racing banned, the guts of the problem is that he raises some valid points and the greyhound industry is not responding to them in a manner to alleviate his (and surely the rest of our) concerns. In particular, the lack of knowledge around how many dogs are injured on the track, how many are put down, and the misreporting of fatalities (as retired). I would like those queries answered appropriately too.

Very well put, if the industry cant give correct statistics then there needs to be a better system on keeping tracks on the whereabouts of retired or euthanised dogs. but apart from someone going to check on every dog that finishes its racing career which is nigh on impossible, and i cant think of a solution to this so the dogs will continue to be unaccounted for.

Green Party now involved. One of their main concerns is around incorrect reporting of deaths. We mentioned this on the cafe months ago and yet the response is "we are as keen as anybody to identify whether these comments made by the 60 Minutes people are correct or not".

http://www.stuff.co....-industry-probe

tbh the assn was asking for this when it changed the status. Also an enquiry might be a sobering kick up the jacksy for some. I think an enquiry and resulting clean up will make the industry stronger.

ps apparently i must apologize to Mr Cross for saying he wasnt interested in actually rehoming greyhounds, he pmd me and was upset, sorry Aaron but I meant it!

Diana

I have asked the Green Party for a meeting to go over this issue so that way they can get the people that work in the Greyhound industry side of things & can get their side of things as to what really needs to be looked at & done.

I just hope they invite Mr A Cross to come to it also. lol

Here's the link for those whom missed it, or want to see it again.

http://www.tv3.co.nz/October-21st---Let-Me-Entertain-You/tabid/2059/articleID/79923/Default.aspx

October 21st - Let Me Entertain You

60_HOUNDS000000.jpg?width=300

Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email More Sharing Services

Greyhound racing, is it a thriving, healthy, responsible industry, or a barbaric, brutal sport where dogs are dying to entertain us?

The very existence of Greyhound racing is, according to some, under threat, with growing public pressure over how humane it is for the dogs.

Attending her first ever Greyhound race and meeting those on both sides of the debate, Paula Penfold finds out whether the writing is on the wall for this centuries-old sport.

See the story HERE

Read the reporter & producer's blog about this investigation HERE

Read the producer’s response regarding the statistics used in this story HERE