RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Idolmite

Doggies on 60 Minutes, TV3, tonight

What a poor performance from our representitive Jim Leach and the NZGRA. This made us look very bad, there was very little highlighting the positives from our reps, in fact you could be forgiven thinking Jim was in bed with the halfwit Cross. And now we find the Stipes when writing up their reports after race meetings are telling lies about the euthanising of dogs, instead putting it as retired. Down right lie's and this will come back and bite the NZGRA bigtime.

Jim Leach was out of his depth - required some political savvy. Craig Roberts was excellent. The stipes record of the dog which died on the track being retired was brought up on here weeks/months ago. I remember checking the stipes report and it did say retired. Probably still does. Perhaps not lies, more a mistake which could easily have been rectified.

agree with you john leach was'nt well prepared at all was there any mention of the gap why did'nt he ask the reporter to substantiate facts cross said over a thousand dogs in a year were euthanised . as for the trainer that said he had put down over 500 dogs how could you report that without evidence or a name complete hearsay crosses previous involvement was'nt even brought up very poor reporting the industry did there self no favours they would have had time tp prepare for this

Has anybody bothered to talk with Jim Leach on this program? Those who made any effort and (that was not many of you) to attend the NZGRA AGM would have heard Jim Leach speak on this matter. What you saw was only a small piece of what was actually shot. Jim was grilled in front of the camera for over four hours. Who is to say he did not mention GAP???

Jim was asked a question where a trainer asked to have the dog euthanised on the day due to an injury. When Jim commented on this the producer was in the ear of the interviewer advising that the Trainer had told 60 minutes that they were forced to have the dog put down. How could Jim defend this when put on the spot. I have spoken to a Stipendiary Steward who was present on the day. The Trainer was offered the chance of having the dog given sufficient pain relief to be able to travel home comfortably and be presented at the Trainers own vet. After all the injury looks worse at the time, than it may be the next day. The Trainer refused as the dog was not fit for breeding and as such having it dealt with at the track saved the expense of having it put down by there own vet. You can not blame Jim for that.

J T McInerney was interviewed for the program and nothing shown. Why was that? Did they not like what he said? Did his views not meet the criteria for how they wanted to portray the industry.

I have had occasion where I have been interviewed by the Media on rugby matters. I have provided comment and have been surprised to see the outcome. Looked like they interviewed a different person on a different subject. Unfortunately you have no say on how they edit the information given.

No excuses ..an extremely poor performance by a man in such an important position in New Zealand Greyhound Racing.

After watching the edited version

1. Why on earth film at hatrick...2. easily manipulated by Simple guided questioning.3. Most importantly, What preparation was organised before the interview and by who ?

Excuses excuses Kildalucy, and you to Blunt, it was pathetic, if thats all we get from our CEO then this industry has a very limited future.

When TV3 started this doco they would of approached the NZGRA looking for comment and imput. For the NZGRA to become involved they should of made it clear that they wanted a balanced and equal input, they should of gotten their ducks in order before becoming a lacky to animal right nutters and sensational unbalanced news reporters. If they could not of gotten a garantee of fair reporting then they should of made NO COMMENT. If TV3 had no co operation from the NZGRA then in all probability the doco would not of got of the ground or at worst would of had limited impact because of bias.

If they could not of gotten a garantee of fair reporting then they should of made NO COMMENT. If TV3 had no co operation from the NZGRA then in all probability the doco would not of got of the ground or at worst would of had limited impact because of bias.

"No comment" would have PROVEN there was something to hide............

The only bias is because it does not agree with your own biased point of view. I think the average viewer, with no real interest either way, would have considered it a well balanced item..........

Has anybody bothered to talk with Jim Leach on this program? Those who made any effort and (that was not many of you) to attend the NZGRA AGM would have heard Jim Leach speak on this matter. What you saw was only a small piece of what was actually shot. Jim was grilled in front of the camera for over four hours. Who is to say he did not mention GAP???

Jim was asked a question where a trainer asked to have the dog euthanised on the day due to an injury. When Jim commented on this the producer was in the ear of the interviewer advising that the Trainer had told 60 minutes that they were forced to have the dog put down. How could Jim defend this when put on the spot. I have spoken to a Stipendiary Steward who was present on the day. The Trainer was offered the chance of having the dog given sufficient pain relief to be able to travel home comfortably and be presented at the Trainers own vet. After all the injury looks worse at the time, than it may be the next day. The Trainer refused as the dog was not fit for breeding and as such having it dealt with at the track saved the expense of having it put down by there own vet. You can not blame Jim for that.

J T McInerney was interviewed for the program and nothing shown. Why was that? Did they not like what he said? Did his views not meet the criteria for how they wanted to portray the industry.

I have had occasion where I have been interviewed by the Media on rugby matters. I have provided comment and have been surprised to see the outcome. Looked like they interviewed a different person on a different subject. Unfortunately you have no say on how they edit the information given.

I have previously been involved with the making of a 60 Minutes piece, from beginning to end, over a period of roughly 12 months. They gave me a copy of the raw footage shot, literally dozens and dozens of hours for the final 15-20 minute segment that was shown. I had a hand in the making of the item, but no say in he final editing process. And even though the final product sometimes may grate a little, the last thing we need is any biased group controlling the media as some are suggesting in this thread. Generally the only bias showing is their own...........

Thought the piece could have been a lot worse.

If he succeeds in shutting down greyhound racing, Aaron should start up the Pit Bull Protection League and campaign against cruel organised fights held by Mongrel Mob and Black Power.

If he succeeds in shutting down greyhound racing, Aaron should start up the Pit Bull Protection League and campaign against cruel organised fights held by Mongrel Mob and Black Power.

dont think he's that stupid

and other members of nz society, not just gang members are involved in dog fighting. its more popular here than you think.?

What other members? Who? When? Where?

its very big money you can pay 2k just for a ticket in, and when you can make fortunes well its just a dog people from all walks of life are into it even vets who help with the recovery of the dogs. maybe this should be in general chat, i befriended two in six months living in auckland but got a bit uneasy if you get my drift.