RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gary1

queastion for the smart ones

mr jibbs mr pilli mr johnny cash mr davey boy seen as you lot think you knoew everything why is it that the thoroughbreds the trotters are respected in aust but the greyhounds are'nt, what i mean is the aussies will willingly by their horses but not your greyhounds its not reciprocal for anyone that doesnt realise who i mean by j cash it is is moany that 2FT 2 winger as to to you mr davey boy your comments on how to get greyhounds going stink of capitalism perhaps you and 2ft 2 need to get a room

oh by the way mr jibbs i notice you visit this site a lot im still waiting on answer re all the short courses in nsw and the rest of aust also i ran into mr hull the other day he did'nt seem to mention anything to me are you just trying to be smart or big noting i await your reply

What a stupid question Gary. Thought perhaps you had a few clues.

Our dogs generally as a rule would be a few lengths behind the good ones.

Australia breed a hell of a lot more greyhounds and have great conditions and weather to rear a good greyhound hence why the top Australian dogs are better than ours. Why buy a dog from NZ if it's not going to be competitive in city class in Australia.

Me and Johnny Cash have got a room on a few occasions. I do find his snoring a factor in not being able to get a good night sleep.

a stupid question better breeding conditions what a load of crap go to tell theother industries that its because you are intent on bringing nonnies in from aust and the trying to breed from them perhaps if you take a few lessons from mr harding you might learn what it takes

No offence to Mr Harding who has breed from the best for a number of years and similairly with Mr Wales. Think they would both admit that they haven't had the success they would of liked.

And even Mr Harding has still imported to find good race dogs. Sergio and Varvatos spring to mind. Sergio was a nonnie if my memeory serves me correct.

So on one hand you say I should be learning of Mr Harding and on the other hand you say we shouldn't be breeding of nonnies.

Where do you think Sergio is?? Make up your mind Gaz.

did mr harding breed sergio and would you breed from sergio or varvatos i doubt it see if they would be viable at stud in aust the answer would be no i wonder what the weather conditions are like in ireland

would you breed from sergio or varvatos i doubt it see if they would be viable at stud in aust the answer would be no

Varvatos is at stud in Australia, isn't he?

The answer I see to the initial "queastion" is that New Zealand has long-established professional horse racing (both codes), backed up by tote betting, plus better stockmen/horsemen/breeding knowledge than Australia, plus better climate conditions for producing quality horses. So New Zealand produces horses - both thoroughbred and standardbred - that are the equal of any in the world, Australia included. So they're in demand with Australian buyers.

Greyhounds on the other hand had no oncourse tote until the late '70s and no offcourse until the early '80s. So it was a comparatively (both to the equine codes in NZ, and to Australian greyhound racing) amateur sport. We still don't have dedicated (in the "that's their job" sense) rearers and breakers - trainers generally do there own, plus do it for friends and kennel clients. So the sport and the infrastructure are years behind the sport in Australia.

It's all on the improve though, and so is the quality of dogs (although combining whatever NZ-line dogs we had in the good old days with Australian rejects doesn't equal fast improvement. FS certainly helps). And we already see quite a few kiwi dogs being competitve in Australia in the city. The more that happens, the more respect Australians will get for kiwi dogs.

Varvatos is at stud in Australia, isn't he?

The answer I see to the initial "queastion" is that New Zealand has long-established professional horse racing (both codes), backed up by tote betting, plus better stockmen/horsemen/breeding knowledge than Australia, plus better climate conditions for producing quality horses. So New Zealand produces horses - both thoroughbred and standardbred - that are the equal of any in the world, Australia included. So they're in demand with Australian buyers.

Greyhounds on the other hand had no oncourse tote until the late '70s and no offcourse until the early '80s. So it was a comparatively (both to the equine codes in NZ, and to Australian greyhound racing) amateur sport. We still don't have dedicated (in the "that's their job" sense) rearers and breakers - trainers generally do there own, plus do it for friends and kennel clients. So the sport and the infrastructure are years behind the sport in Australia.

It's all on the improve though, and so is the quality of dogs (although combining whatever NZ-line dogs we had in the good old days with Australian rejects doesn't equal fast improvement. FS certainly helps). And we already see quite a few kiwi dogs being competitve in Australia in the city. The more that happens, the more respect Australians will get for kiwi dogs.

where in aust and is he commercially viable