RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
smoken up

Rogan Norvall

That had to be either the biggest case of cheating you will ever see, or it was one of the most imcompetant rides ever.

2 things. Firstly Siem Reap is NOT a leader, but that could be trainers instructions, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there.

Secondly and most importantly. Theres a thing called a whip. USE IT! It was almost laughable the way he was fumbling around with the whip while also trying to ride the horse out. It was complete imcompetence!

Today was the 1st time I have backed Siem Reap, and as long as Rogan Norvall is on the horse it will be the last time I back him....

That had to be either the biggest case of cheating you will ever see, or it was one of the most imcompetant rides ever.

2 things. Firstly Siem Reap is NOT a leader, but that could be trainers instructions, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt there.

Secondly and most importantly. Theres a thing called a whip. USE IT! It was almost laughable the way he was fumbling around with the whip while also trying to ride the horse out. It was complete imcompetence!

Today was the 1st time I have backed Siem Reap, and as long as Rogan Norvall is on the horse it will be the last time I back him....

i suggest you go look at his previous races

because i thik he's lead on a few starts including a good win on debut where he lead

Maybe Rogan just had an "off" day? If Siem Reap was mine, Rogan would be off him for good.

haha! the horse isnt that good!

Bertolini's always trial up good and go fresh and often they go right off. He was hyped up early which didnt help. He was a $10.00 chance in that field.

Bertolini's always trial up good and go fresh and often they go right off. He was hyped up early which didnt help. He was a $10.00 chance in that field.

He was a fair price yesterday. He was dropping back from a Listed race to a rating 75.

maybe Rogan was thinking he had the race won like George simon said after the race at the 100m mark he had the race won, if he bashed the **** out of the horse and won by two lenths and you didnt back it you would be saying he was bashing it for no reason shouldnt of hit it so much, spca case, maybe the horse dosnt like bean hit to much, Ive won on a horse that stoped if I hit behind the saddle, every horse is different, I no rogan well there is no way he hooked it.

stop talking out of your pocket.

Rogan Norvall = Karl Zechner they will always battle and make the wrong decisions. But if you want your horse worked or ridden at the trials these are the guys you want but for raceday riding I don't think so. Back in the day you got nothing for riding at the trials or riding work just the hope you might get a raceday ride, nowdays it is no less than $10 a horse (if you are lucky) in the mornings and a fee at the trials what is it? $50 if Rogan rides 10 at the trials and 5 every morning he is doing ok, stick to that Rogan. Karl has gone home.

He was a fair price yesterday. He was dropping back from a Listed race to a rating 75.

ive lost hundreds on him.

he was talked up to be good, his first win was good. He hasnt got any better.

A definiation of a 'GUNNA'

Rogan Norvall = Karl Zechner they will always battle and make the wrong decisions. But if you want your horse worked or ridden at the trials these are the guys you want but for raceday riding I don't think so. Back in the day you got nothing for riding at the trials or riding work just the hope you might get a raceday ride, nowdays it is no less than $10 a horse (if you are lucky) in the mornings and a fee at the trials what is it? $50 if Rogan rides 10 at the trials and 5 every morning he is doing ok, stick to that Rogan. Karl has gone home.

thats a bit rude, least he has won a stakes race a lot havent and a lot wont

however, the horse was still full of running and just got nutted despite the efforts of the rider.

seam reap was beaten by a nose in 1, 09 and a bit.

rogan seems to have trouble locating his whip at times.

no Siem Reap was a good horse, the way she dealt to Awesome Planet who has now won 5 races incl. SOLILOQUY STAKES, MANAWATU BREEDERS STKS, DOOMBEN ROSES beating EKSTREME!

& has been Group 1 placed & Group placed 3 or 4 times.

after Siem Reaps debut win he hurt his leg & obviously isn't the same horse.

good to see it is still alive and well, obviously talking out of your pockets, do you guys even know how the horse was on the day, was he at his best, was he sore, or sound, or do you not let the facts get in the way of a good story and just bag the jockey, thats the easiest way, it has to be his fault... right???

Rogan is a very hard working jockey, he tries his best at all times, and desrves all he gets, he does not deserve to get rubbished by a bunch of sore losers who lost money on one his rides.

Thats my view IMHO.

Leigh

good to see it is still alive and well, obviously talking out of your pockets, do you guys even know how the horse was on the day, was he at his best, was he sore, or sound, or do you not let the facts get in the way of a good story and just bag the jockey, thats the easiest way, it has to be his fault... right???

Rogan is a very hard working jockey, he tries his best at all times, and desrves all he gets, he does not deserve to get rubbished by a bunch of sore losers who lost money on one his rides.

Thats my view IMHO.

Leigh

Nicely put

Thats my view IMHO.

Leigh

thanks mate, i also hate jockey baggers!

Thats my view IMHO.

Leigh

So, We aren't allowed to critisize anymore? If everyone went through life without receiving critisizm, no matter what job they did, How would anyone get better at the job they do or even get better as a person???

I have every right to critisize someone, whether they be a jockey, a plumber, a mechanic or even a politician, just like others have a right to critisize me if I stuff up. Because at the end of the day Critisizm makes you better......

I don't have anything against Rogan, I just think he can be a whole better.

I look foward to seeing your reply mate...

Wish you would all get off your high horses those jockey baggers. Siem Reap not a leader???? I think if you watch the replays every time he has gone well he has gone to the front or nearabouts. Also, he went very poorly with two other jockeys on, one the best in NZ. Out of 10 starts, he's had one win, numerous 2nds, 3rds etc. Not really worth the bagging of the horse I would think. So what does that tell you? As for Rogan, at least he has won numerous group races, both here and Zimbabwe. (where he was top apprentice) You'd be struggling to find a more dedicated jockey, who works harder. Don't see him ever struggling to make 53 for that matter :)

So, We aren't allowed to critisize anymore? If everyone went through life without receiving critisizm, no matter what job they did, How would anyone get better at the job they do or even get better as a person???

I have every right to critisize someone, whether they be a jockey, a plumber, a mechanic or even a politician, just like others have a right to critisize me if I stuff up. Because at the end of the day Critisizm makes you better......

I don't have anything against Rogan, I just think he can be a whole better.

I look foward to seeing your reply mate...

You are free to criticze whoever you wish but do it contructively. Rogan is a decent guy, he is however only human and humans do make mistakes. If riding a horse in a race was so easy, and so straight forward, everyone would be doing it. But it aint and sometimes things dont always pan out for the jockies as you the punters wish. They need to then try to do the best they can when things dont go to plan, these things happen, it is not as easy as saying i will be here, at this point of a race then i will be here at the 600m and so on. Horses are animals with minds of their own and sometimes they donnt do exactly as the punters want.How do you know the horse also was not having a off dy, they cant always be at the top of their game and they casnt speak so we only guess as to their well being.

Many things to consider, dont just bag thejockey, as this one I know would have been trying his best to get a result.

no Siem Reap was a good horse, the way she dealt to Awesome Planet who has now won 5 races incl. SOLILOQUY STAKES, MANAWATU BREEDERS STKS, DOOMBEN ROSES beating EKSTREME!

& has been Group 1 placed & Group placed 3 or 4 times.

after Siem Reaps debut win he hurt his leg & obviously isn't the same horse.

i think youll find in my origonal post i suggest bertolinis do this.

sore leg or no leg, a large number of them have been hyped up. after they fresh up run they are not the same horse.

You are free to criticze whoever you wish but do it contructively. Rogan is a decent guy, he is however only human and humans do make mistakes. If riding a horse in a race was so easy, and so straight forward, everyone would be doing it. But it aint and sometimes things dont always pan out for the jockies as you the punters wish. They need to then try to do the best they can when things dont go to plan, these things happen, it is not as easy as saying i will be here, at this point of a race then i will be here at the 600m and so on. Horses are animals with minds of their own and sometimes they donnt do exactly as the punters want.How do you know the horse also was not having a off dy, they cant always be at the top of their game and they casnt speak so we only guess as to their well being.

Many things to consider, dont just bag thejockey, as this one I know would have been trying his best to get a result.

Rogan may well be a good person. I never said that he wasn't.

As for the horse possibly having an off day. I doubt he was the way he was travelling at the 200m mark. But hey, its easy to blame the horse right???

And why can't punters critisize? Without punters money the racing industry WOULD NOT EXSIST!

You just keep on blaming horses if a jockey stuffs up, cause for you, its obvouisly easier to blame an indivual who can't speak.