RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
morayfm

Who's the most Under-rated Sire?

Rusty Spur standing in Christchurch with Nicky Lloyd. Only served two mares last year. Service Fee $1,250.

No Excuse Needed stands for only $6,000 which has to be great value. I agree that Keeper has similar stats this season but he stands for $15,000 which is also good value I think for what he has done.

NEN seems to cross really well with O'Reilly mares. Perhaps someone could explain why that is. I remember once when I suggested to the late great Clive Harper, that I should send my O'Reilly mare (Freequence) to him, he advised that it wasn't a good mating on paper....I guess even Clive could be wrong sometimes.

Rusty Spur standing in Christchurch with Nicky Lloyd. Only served two mares last year. Service Fee $1,250.

No Excuse Needed stands for only $6,000 which has to be great value. I agree that Keeper has similar stats this season but he stands for $15,000 which is also good value I think for what he has done.

NEN seems to cross really well with O'Reilly mares. Perhaps someone could explain why that is. I remember once when I suggested to the late great Clive Harper, that I should send my O'Reilly mare (Freequence) to him, he advised that it wasn't a good mating on paper....I guess even Clive could be wrong sometimes.

its likely that O'Reilly is just a good broodmare sire....a bit like saying XYZ stallion over a zabeel mare is a good cross, perhaps largely becasue Zabeel is ...well just good!

its likely that O'Reilly is just a good broodmare sire....a bit like saying XYZ stallion over a zabeel mare is a good cross, perhaps largely becasue Zabeel is ...well just good!

Interesting when Zabeel came onto the scene and his big horse was Octagonal everyone was saying that it was Eight Carats influence, and from memory Mouward was shortly after. Then BOOM, champion!

I think it is more than the mare that makes a Stallion proven, though Eight Carat proved she could still leave a good one by Gold and Ivory :) .

I will put it out there, how about Towkay. Seems to do a very good job, winners week in and out...

At the moment there are not enough underrated sires, anything that has some partial success gets the marketing ass driven out of it and then over priced given the market conditions then from the outside looks like a disappointment .

It's no secret I have interests in this horse, but it's my true opinion that Ekraar would have to be included here. Considering Ekraar has had little or no interest from the big studs and limited books of mares, his records speak for themselves. His very good progeny have all shown great speed as well as staying success at Group level and a grit to want to win just like he himself possessed. Ekraar's stats should be looked at again by all breeders and owners who have a passion for racing Classic horses.

Would also agree to opinions re Towkay, Captain Rio and No Excuse Needed being mentioned on this thread.

Istidaad would be my choice for an underrated sire. Has winners every week and last week 2nd top Stallion in the Informant charts. Would love to know what his stats are. Now, one of his big winning daughters, JustaTad is producing her own winners. This stallion would also have to be one of the nicest natured horses around - we have a new filly who at 2 weeks comes running up to be itched and to itch you back with nibbles in return. If you sit down beside her, she lies down and puts her head on you & May, her mum lies the other side of you. Quite magic.

Istidaad has winners overseas as well as NZ

how about faltaat?? the faltaats take a bit of time is that why not as many people like them?? i have had intrest in 3 of them and they all could run pitty the best 1 broke a leg at the races just when the penny had droped. nice long legged horses they are my pick

No Excuse Needed is one of my favourite stallions & would have been my top pick if I was breeding this season. I hope they keep his stud fee at that level next season :-)

Another to add to the list with value & consistancy would be Don Eduardo. On the note of first season foals: I am not breeding this season but looking at a few studs websites and their photo galleries Haunui & those that used Showcasing must be pretty happy with their foals, they look very nice.

FALKIRK sired another impressive winner called TREPIDATION on saturday who ran quick time [quicker than telegraph winner]

I dont know what his stats are, but i am betting they are pretty good,has had a lot of winners.

I am becoming rather impressed by the Handsome Ransom stock.

I agree his stock are doing well, another that is doing ok is Colombia and with a stud fee of $2,500 not shabby :)

Could almost say O'Reilly after the Newmarket Handicap. Fee should be ???

No Excuse Needed does well but looks a bit thinner if you ignore Daffodil. Worthwhile to remove his top performer when assessing any stallion. However, the 3% - foals/stakes-winners - of N.E.N. is commendable and only bettered by the chronologically-enhanced Faltaat, at 4%, around that service fee.

Im not going to mention a name but there is an unnamed  horse out there in work and looking for a trainer that has galloped 44000m in the last 4 weeks at speeds from 30 - 62kmh. A lot of it over 55kmhr. This horse has spent 2 yrs in work that would destroy most horses but it continues to improve.
Its Sire at $3500 for the right Mare is somewhat under rated I feel..

While many have laughed, Im in hysterics.
So the question needs to be qualified, 
Who's the most under-rated Sire of ....what? Precocious speed or real horses?

TB hunter What a non sensenical response. Who and what are you on about? Sounds like an Octagonal progeny?

Ive been laughed at and scorned for having faith in this Sire along with the Dam that sold at Auction with this foal at foot for 600 dollars. A clever young man purchased them and sold the young horse to me when pushed into a corner by circumstances.

Many on this forum knows the Sire.

This Sire ,(along with the Dam) has produced a horse that will stay and stay yet run like the wind( forgive me Jess)

Let them tell you.