RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Baz's Big Bolters Vs Thomson's Tackleless Tips

Here's an idea to relieve any boredom(especially for the self proclaimed Race Cafe ghost townies) that may set in because of slower topics being started due to less traffic (friends lost in cyberspace).

I thought I might take on our renound superstar tipster Christopher Thomson this spring in Victoria.

I will post 3 selections at each of the 7 remaining meetings over the Melbourne Carnival. Hopefully Chris can match my 3 with 3 short price favourites of his own. :P

Results will tally on the NZ TAB tote price paid out on the day for each runner selected who can place 1st, 2nd or 3rd @ $1ew.

Whoever has the most $$$ earnt at the end of the carnival can claim the status..."Race Cafe Champion Tipster"

RACE DAYS:

1. Saturday 13 October - Caulfield Guineas Day: Caulfield

2. Saturday 20 October - Caulfield Cup Day: Caulfield

3. Saturday 27 October - Cox Plate Day: Moonee Valley

4. Saturday 3 November - Victoria Derby Day: Flemington

5. Tuesday 6 November - Melbourne Cup Day: Flemington

6. Thursday 8 November - Crown Oaks Day: Flemington

7. Saturday 10 November - Emirates Stakes Day: Flemington

Keen Christopher? :huh: ...I await your 3 hot tips! :ph34r:

Guest Christopher Thomson

Baz, first of all thanks for the offer. The fact that you've posted at 2:56am shows you're a committed man in itself so well done for putting up this proposition and I must commend you on your spelling and grammar.

I've never proclaimed to be a "tipster" of sorts. I just like seeing the best and that's the very reason why I ventured out to Moonee Valley after work a couple of weeks ago and the very reason why I'll be heading out to Caulfield today. You may have heard of a little known nag by the name of Pierro?? Well, I've put a wager on him a while back which is big enough to pay short stuff's entire M Racing and Saloon Saloon staff for a month. When I saw him win the Stutt Stakes a couple of weeks ago paying a monumental $1.07 it confirmed to me what I already knew. We have another superstar on our hands. This is the best horse currently racing in Australia and this is the very reason why I love thoroughbred racing. I was at Flemington in 2002 to see his dad Lonhro win the Mackinnon and I'll be at Caulfield today to see his son emulate his Caulfield Guineas triumph.

The other 3 horses I'll be taking a keen interest in today are Snitzerland (the best 3 year old sprinting filly in Australia), Buffering (the best sprinter currently racing in Australia) and More Joyous (the best mare racing in the country) but really I'm going out there today to see one horse and hopefully he'll get his chance to win the Cox Plate in a couple of weeks (an opportunity his was not afforded and if he had been he probably would've won)

So in summary, I don't claim to be a "tipster" and never have done. I just love watching the best go around so I can willingly partake in your competition but don't expect me to find a 100-1 shot as that's not why I'm in this game.

My best 3 today:

Pierro

Buffering

Snitzerland

CThomson is renowned in these parts for putting up a generous[ and decent ] amount of his own money in an Annual MC comp......hundreds entered and actually enjoyed the chance to profit.

Baz ,you could renounce him from that obligation and take it over....that would lift your profile.

Dunno if you enter the team picking comps run by PJ on here.

The most recent one saw CT lead his team to an amazing victory , so he has 'form' on the board !!!!

So come on Baz , renounce him !!!!!

Become a legend.

:D

Dont know how one of you can claim to be "Race Cafe Champion Tipster" :D :lol: Surely the only way to work that out is to have a competition over the next month or so with a cash entry fee! A h2h battle between 2 battlers is hardly entertainment!!

Anyway RaceCafers, my play for today is Ocean Park into Gatewood. The latter has been one of the stronger tips I've received over the last week. If he brings his UK form, he just wins.

Beautiful! :lol: Just note I was referring to the "bored" cafers who are calling the place a Ghost Town...not proclaiming you as a tipster! :unsure: You have to admit that you have had any amount of Sh#t poked at you for tipping short priced fav's over the years. Not to mention stopping most of them. :lol:

Anyway thanks for your 3 selections I'll add mine now and see how we go...anything for a bit fun is good for the forum isn't it? You're all carrying topweights in this handicap race!...lighten up! :rolleyes:

You may have heard of a little known nag by the name of Pierro?? Well, I've put a wager on him a while back which is big enough to pay short stuff's entire M Racing and Saloon Saloon staff for a month. When I saw him win the Stutt Stakes a couple of weeks ago paying a monumental $1.07 it confirmed to me what I already knew. We have another superstar on our hands. This is the best horse currently racing in Australia and this is the very reason why I love thoroughbred racing. I was at Flemington in 2002 to see his dad Lonhro win the Mackinnon and I'll be at Caulfield today to see his son emulate his Caulfield Guineas triumph.

Ouch!!!

Guest Guest

You may have heard of a little known nag by the name of Pierro?? Well, I've put a wager on him a while back which is big enough to pay short stuff's entire M Racing and Saloon Saloon staff for a month.

Funniest post ever.

Kudos for finding Buffering and Snitzerland though, well done.

Guest Guest

Greatest horsestopper in history!

Or course he didn't back it or lose any money though . . . . .

Only thommo could stop Pierro! So many ATH haters around. Great training performance... 3 3yos in the Cox?

Hey Chris can't claim all the credit - I think 10 million Ozzies had a fair bit to do with it. At least half of them backed him.

1. Saturday 13 October - Caulfield Guineas Day: Caulfield

Thompson's Tackleless Tips:

Pierro

Buffering

Snitzerland

Baz's Big Bolters:

Fire Thunderbolt

Glass Harmonium

Awesome Bro

Thommo 2 winners Baz 0

I see Baz that even though I've tipped 2 winners and a close second all the interest seems to surround the horse I picked that finished second rather than the 3 horses you picked that finished down the track.

I guess this means I must be the most popular then??? :)

Great day at Caulfield today.

Pierro was HUGE after doing a truckload of work from the barrier to only just go down. Full kudos to All Too Hard for getting his Group 1 today.

Looking forward to the Cox Plate!! :)

Guest Pierro

I guess this means I must be the most popular then??? :)

Maybe in your world.

Mate I was happy as a pig in shit leading up to todays race, then Gai told me that you were online telling the world how you had so much money on me to go again.

Quite frankly I knew I was screwed.

Thanks for nothing.

Maybe in your world.

Mate I was happy as a pig in shit leading up to todays race, then Gai told me that you were online telling the world how you had so much money on me to go again.

Thanks for nothing.

That's funny. It didn't stop you winning the Run to the Rose or Stutt Stakes. :)

I think you need to wake up next time mate and not miss the kick like you did today. You made it awfully hard for yourself and you won't be winning the Cox Plate if you fall asleep in the barrier like you did today. :)

Maybe in your world.

Thanks for nothing.

Baz baz baz,if you want to step someone out you have to bring your A game,all you can do is pick winners in this game regardless of the price,and taking ten picks to get your 10 dollar shot home isnt the way to go about it.i suggest you do some study before posting your next tips otherwise youll be walking around the ghost town with egg on your face !

Guest Guest

pierro was robbed. a piss poor ride by the jockey.. and went to early on turn to. was a shocking ride by jockey he should of esed back in small field.. pierro is the best horse ever.. had to do a power of work and the jockey called on the doctor early.. the winner was good and deserved to win. but if pierro had that run he would of brained them... will be interesting if the team have faith in the jockey. everubody in aussie and nz had there multis and money on pierro.. well done thommo on buffering and snitzrland we cant win them all. that was one of the sure things in racing ever.,. jockey robbed the horse of victory bad ride and went for the doctor so so early on straight.. was only beaten by a length

No doubt guest,what was the lead at all costs mentality?There would of had to be a contingency plan particularly after what happened last week with proisir and it looked as though he rode the horse for the bookies.Nash needs a holiday

Is there nothing the village idiot cannot stop?

Are you referring to Nash Rawiller as a "village idiot" short stuff???

The ride was average I know but I thought you midgets stick together???

Even with your hot favourites winning CT, Baz is still reasonably close because of Fire Thunderbolts place price. Said horse should have beaten Snitzerland too. Awesome Bro went OK. GH got stuck wide. Gutsy picks though Baz - 6 weeks left. I have faith in you to win. Cause CT only picks horses paying 1.30 to win. You only need one decent winner over the six weeks to put it out of his reach :)

Even with your hot favourites winning CT, Baz is still reasonably close because of Fire Thunderbolts place price. Said horse should have beaten Snitzerland too. Awesome Bro went OK. GH got stuck wide. Gutsy picks though Baz - 6 weeks left. I have faith in you to win. Cause CT only picks horses paying 1.30 to win. You only need one decent winner over the six weeks to put it out of his reach :)

CT only picks horses paying $1.30 to win???

What did Buffering pay Mr Houpapa?? Try double that. :)