RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Kiah

How clever is Grant Archer?

No one can beat I Can Doosit . I accept that. Though Stig and Clover Don will push hard with handicaps.

Last week, with a battle hardened horse in Quality Invasion he was the faviourite. He was against a small field of first starters and he sits at the back in indian file on an easy pace. He then tries to out sprint the fresh horses - and yep got done. Most people would realise with a fitness edge you should push the pace - do a Mahe Drysdale on the others!!! But nope.

This week in a big field of horses he tries to outwork a much bigger field all of whom had had at least one or two runs up now - and gets monstered. Glad I didnt bet on it.

Conversely, nice move by McKendry on Delight Brigade to put Statesman 3 back on the rails by letting the Wild Card to the lead 800m out. How come lots of other drivers dont do this?? Sure the Wild Card was too good for him but it definitely got him second place over Statesman.

Some pretty good drives at Addington and Alex Park - a few unlucky horses. They will keep. LOL

Conversely, nice move by McKendry on Delight Brigade to put Statesman 3 back on the rails by letting the Wild Card to the lead 800m out. How come lots of other drivers dont do this??

If you take the lead inside the last lap, I'm pretty sure you don't have to let horses come up the passing lane underneath you. You can take (or half-take) the passing lane yourself and block them. So if you hand up the lead inside the last lap you don't know if/where (inside/outside the leader) you're going to get a run.

I could well be wrong on that though.

Grant archer = deadset joke.

Backed quality invasion last week and couldn't believe he went to the front last night, compared to his pathetic drive last weekend. I swear half the drivers in NZ lack initiative, are terrible judges of speed, personally gives me no confidence to bet on the 'thieves on wheels'

If you take the lead inside the last lap, I'm pretty sure you don't have to let horses come up the passing lane underneath you. You can take (or half-take) the passing lane yourself and block them. So if you hand up the lead inside the last lap you don't know if/where (inside/outside the leader) you're going to get a run.

Sorry Chikn but the leader is never allowed to go down to the passing lane.If it did and blocked the trailers from coming through it would be relegated.

It doesn't matter when the leader took the lead.

Who told you that? Must be a new rule, OR a figment of somebody's imagination.

Guest richie

Sorry Chikn but the leader is never allowed to go down to the passing lane.If it did and blocked the trailers from coming through it would be relegated.

It doesn't matter when the leader took the lead.

I HAVE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT SILLY WHY THE LEADER NOT ALLOWED TO GO DOWN TO PASSING LANE.But then i think passing lanes are stupid so many times i have seen bad drives rewarded by the passing lane.