RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GONSTA

Elki

Thought Elki looked a good thing last friday and was going to have a decent win bet on her, until i was watching the build up of the race and heard Aiden Rodley state that the dog has returned a positive swab a couple of weeks earlier, he continued to ask Trevor 'past it' Wilkes who had no idea what so ever about this. I wasn't able to access the computer to double check Rodley's comments but it turns out they were 100% spot on... I have a few questions regarding this issue.

1-) How long does it take for the swabs to show up a result?

2-) Why are dogs that return a positive swab not suspended until enquiry's are finished?

3-) Why are punters not advised somehow? If you don't consistently check the RIU website then you would know no better.

Seems to be the normal with NZGRA. No race videos online. No sectional splits online. Get with the modern age and actually try and improve / grow the sport.

Press release below.

"The New Zealand Racing Laboratory Services has advised the Racing Integrity Unit of an irregularity in the urine sample taken from the dog Elki following its first placing in (Race 13) the Culverden Hotel Sprint at the Christchurch Greyhound Racing Club's meeting on 14 September 2012.

RIU Officials are conducting inquires.

Elki is trained by Mr M G C Roberts"

This is normal behaviour from the NZGRA. Why it wasn't long ago they sent swabs from the over hyped, over staked waste of funds Platinim Paws to a lab in Sydney and shock horror a fair proportion were positive to anabolic steroids. What did they do, NOTHING, kept it quiet and buried it under the carpet.

I am not playing Devils Advicate but lets wait for information confirmed, before taking the hanging rope on a young bloke trying to get a start.

No matter what we say here, isnt fair on his due course of action if need be in defence.

Sometimes this thread and others have issues that can inflame some but at times.

I feel that like a Witchs Burning at the stake a lot of GOULS seem to get off on suspician or pointing finger and may i add laughing behind peoples back when they do have a positive.

Lets give him a break being a young fella he hasnt even started his training life LETS WAIT AND SEE but i for one am hoping he has this chance

i dont think anyone dis agrees with you marcus for getting rubbed out highly unlikely as for your comments just starting out i dont agreehe comes from a family with along history in grey hounds and remember when you apply for a trainer licence you agree to abide by the rules and laws age is no excuse