RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
PintoPerson

History of Harvey

I recently rescued a horse who was to be sent to dog tucker and am now interested in finding out anything about his history.

Harvey is a 16.2hh ish Brown/bay TB gelding 19 years old. He has no white on his legs and only a few white hairs on his head-nowhere near enough to call it a marking. He was a racehorse then was used as a polo pony but thats all i know. He has no brand on his off shoulder and a sideways M, then a 3 and T with curved edges(photo shown below) on his near shoulder. Below this looks like a 5-cant be seen in photo. Below that is a 4.

I have been told that this type of branding is used in Queensland, Aus so searched it on the Queensland Government brand database. This brand is registered to a Maurice Taylor of Redbank. Its been registered to him for long enough for him to be the one who branded Harvey.

I was just wondering if anyone happens to know anything about Harvey or Maurice-or know how i can contcat him? Why he was brought to New Zealand? If he was any good as a racehorse? And what his breeding is?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks

PintoPerson

post-7162-0-54828800-1349039514_thumb.jp

post-7162-0-26901000-1349039631_thumb.jp