RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Bowler

go nominate now

HI

The mum here

I can assure you that the people that we have phoned have not been bullied or abused in any manner. Do you know the full story on this policy, It started with a 2 month trail, but 18 months later after phone call's and letter's from numerous trainers and even a well debated conversion at last years AGM and the meetings held in Canterbury for LP 's with the board only to be pushed under the carpet and ignored. The trainers up here had very little option on what they have done as all resources were burnt out. I feel our South Island rep needs a geography lesson as the last time I looked in a atlas Canterbury was located in the South Island, but we see nothing of this monkey. Hope this is sorted for all concern soon. You would be right in saying if I was threaten I would certainly give them a flogging.

thanks kirsty i know that you would be civil in your approach to everyone but there are the people that dont seem to have your integrity i can see your point on policy but there seems to be a few people that are getting of track and making it a personal issue and there are those that just believe everything they get told as for the amount of times the 2 south clubs have been told that the policy needs revision seems to have various opinions as i have previously said offer no point on the policy it is just the way it has been handled and the follow on from it people telling others not to bet on yesterdays meeting people abusing people over nominating etc its not really a professional look anyway all the best and give the son a couple of more dogs he's doing well and will most likely be a top trainer in the future best of luck g1

We are working on it Merv,I cant kid you into nominating Merv because you are not a L.P.WE are trying to get the situation solved ,and the sooner the better,we are hoping common sense will prevail,Kirstys comments floored me,for years we down South didn't know we had a South Island rep. until he turned up one year looking for a vote , hence previous posts by myself about the South Island finishing at the Rangitata River ,getting a taste of there own medicine and they don't seem to like it.Don't understand double dutch Merv tou might need to translate. E=merv o brien]Gee whiz Murray after you ringing me yesterday i really thought you showed some sembelence of commom sense regarding SIP,but

Your quite right there are people that appear to be doing damage to the Industry so i suggest you tell Mother Hubbard to seriously look at what damage hes causing with this policy.

Make sure its only the apron strings that youve been holding onto Murray.

Gee whiz Murray after you ringing me yesterday i really thought you showed some sembelence of commom sense regarding SIP,but

Your quite right there are people that appear to be doing damage to the Industry so i suggest you tell Mother Hubbard to seriously look at what damage hes causing with this policy.

Make sure its only the apron strings that youve been holding onto Murray.

As in any area of dispute in any industry negotiations are more productive than this sort of garbage.

At the end of the day who will lose out as allways is the striker, SO INSTEAD OF petty crap get your brain into gear and maybe start looking for away too solve it, demanding that people do what they are being bludgeoned into changing as aka strike and phone abuse isnt the best way to get people back too table.

As for others on here lately seem hell bent on attacking personalitys.

Stop and think about your leadership maybe restructioning and get people from your group or somebody on the fringe in Canterbury to take over and start a new approach.

Could be a starting point and as you know m8 bullet making is not firing the gun ITS AMMO making.

Some have practiced this at at time to time but lets say, in the past your AMMO has some bad gunpowder (nod nod wink wnk say nomore)

SERIOUSLY look at a NATIONAL GRADING SYSTEM with remits due.

Then maybe the issues in the Sth Island as you see it may go away, but UNITY by clubs is the only answer until they give power to the people who we pay to run GREYHOUNDS and (TRUST at it lowests ebb) amongst many as SEEN on here will cost a lot of money.

I have had numerious calls re how to get the SISP changed, and one abusive call, who will remain anonomious.

For my money when you throw a bombs of threats and legal action against some then what do people do, they go for a bomb shelter.

So if i was the one to talk to about fixing the SISP policy.

RECOMENDATION 1 return to work aka racing your dogs (as unless you travel then no income) if approached correctly just maybe something may happen.

But in all this other chat re Sth Island Rep doesnt help, that issue is done and dusted to the next election.

The other issue was with lure at Southland being rectified by NZGRA and club.

Why are we building this issue into something like Coro Street seems to me that an angle on anything negative that happens South is used to keep the heat going.

As at the moment its costing lot of kennels big money and will be a lot more if comonsense doesnt prevail .

Also negotiation will not as i see it begin

until the aggressive stance thinking of a few are kept under controll.

CHEERS JIM

As in any area of dispute in any industry negotiations are more productive than this sort of garbage.

At the end of the day who will lose out as allways is the striker, SO INSTEAD OF petty crap get your brain into gear and maybe start looking for away too solve it, demanding that people do what they are being bludgeoned into changing as aka strike and phone abuse isnt the best way to get people back too table.

As for others on here lately seem hell bent on attacking personalitys.

Stop and think about your leadership maybe restructioning and get people from your group or somebody on the fringe in Canterbury to take over and start a new approach.

Could be a starting point and as you know m8 bullet making is not firing the gun ITS AMMO making.

Some have practiced this at at time to time but lets say, in the past your AMMO has some bad gunpowder (nod nod wink wnk say nomore)

SERIOUSLY look at a NATIONAL GRADING SYSTEM with remits due.

Then maybe the issues in the Sth Island as you see it may go away, but UNITY by clubs is the only answer until they give power to the people who we pay to run GREYHOUNDS and (TRUST at it lowests ebb) amongst many as SEEN on here will cost a lot of money.

I have had numerious calls re how to get the SISP changed, and one abusive call, who will remain anonomious.

For my money when you throw a bombs of threats and legal action against some then what do people do, they go for a bomb shelter.

So if i was the one to talk to about fixing the SISP policy.

RECOMENDATION 1 return to work aka racing your dogs (as unless you travel then no income) if approached correctly just maybe something may happen.

But in all this other chat re Sth Island Rep doesnt help, that issue is done and dusted to the next election.

The other issue was with lure at Southland being rectified by NZGRA and club.

Why are we building this issue into something like Coro Street seems to me that an angle on anything negative that happens South is used to keep the heat going.

As at the moment its costing lot of kennels big money and will be a lot more if comonsense doesnt prevail .

Also negotiation will not as i see it begin

until the aggressive stance thinking of a few are kept under controll.

CHEERS JIM

jim my understanding is there discussions happening tonight between clubs and nzgra ceo

jim my understanding is there discussions happening tonight between clubs and nzgra ceo

Some constructive phone calls has got the NZGRA and clubs talking, and thats whats needed.

Havent heard anything as yet but maybe we can get an update on discussion reported here if at all possible. Cheers Jim

HI

The mum here

I can assure you that the people that we have phoned have not been bullied or abused in any manner. Do you know the full story on this policy, It started with a 2 month trail, but 18 months later after phone call's and letter's from numerous trainers and even a well debated conversion at last years AGM and the meetings held in Canterbury for LP 's with the board only to be pushed under the carpet and ignored. The trainers up here had very little option on what they have done as all resources were burnt out. I feel our South Island rep needs a geography lesson as the last time I looked in a atlas Canterbury was located in the South Island, but we see nothing of this monkey. Hope this is sorted for all concern soon. You would be right in saying if I was threaten I would certainly give them a flogging.

I Kirsty as i have gone one step further as for legal reasons names wont be told on advice from my solicitor, but they know who they are and its been reported to all areas of need.

Cheers Jim

im ing fowar to feilds coming out if it looks a repeat of last week i won't even look at results can't stomach seeing conner get 3 wins.

bb are you trying to put people of track are you trying to get better odds for yourselfon pauls dogs, cmon have you collected your shadow wolf ticket yet your shout for drinks lol

The Otago nominations have been held over so if your not part of the Nrth Canty Mafioso go and have a nominate,Some people have put a lot of effort to get greyhound racing where it is today,others will just destroy in no time at all.The SISP will be sorted out, a few throwing there weight around isn't doing the code any good at all.

apparently the meeting is cancelled i wonder if the bloke that lead this boycott is proud of himself i wonder what he thinks as he gets up of a morning and looks in the mirror puts his dye in his hair applies his make up this has to be the greatest travesty that has hit nz greyhound racing who really has actually benefitted outod this farcial its not about the sisp . i wonder did the macs support this for all the good reasons or just so they could nominate and potentially get extra dogs running every week has the other trainers realised that they will be the ones that will be losing out, did they say the macs they we will not nominate for the south as long as you agree to get rid of the sisp i wonder i dont think they will own up to the truth i have yet to see nyone put their name up that say they were losing out because of the policy , now i challenge jibbs jibbs do you have dogs racing in aust if so do they start 3 times in 10 days i would say the answer is no aussies seem to race their dogs once a week i await your answer jibbs if you can show me where they race there dogs reguarly like nz i will rest my case but i dont think that will be happening soon remember i have said i have no opinon on the sisp only the way it has been handled not even the blf would carry on like this as to mr craig roberts yes i said mr craig roberts as you are the initial instigator of this as apparently you seek attention as you want to be seen as the face of greyhound racing perhaps you need to take lessons from the faheys on how to conduct your self in the public arena you got yourself back on trackside by the same mena but hey who am i to tell an ex post office clerk used car salesman to do i may have a bigger history than you but then again i doubt it wake up and give yourself a slap its not about you and the conteol you try and have over others let me say this most of you that have dogs on 50 50 basi are lucky otherwise the dogs would have been pulled out of your kennels by now mow if you want to abuse me or theaten me my email address is not blocked otherwise i'll be over in dec good luck to all

Hi Gary - I have no dogs racing in Aus at all but 3 more due to fly out to NZ in 2 weeks time

Coonamble this weekend, you have dogs racing Fri / Mon and most Sat / Monday over distances from 303m to 530m

Wenty Park used to race Sat / Monday and 40% or more of the fields on Mon backed up from Sat over both 520m and 720m races - trainers were spewing when they moved from Mon to Fridays there as they could not back the dogs up the next day - the dogs on a friday now are so much weaker in class compared to when Wenty run on a Mon

Hell, I can remember the old time trainers of stayers giving them a run up Appin sat afternoon over 366m and off to Wenty Park Sat night over the 720m !!!

We dont run 300m races much here in Aus but if we did on a regular basis, I can guarantee all the trainer would be trying to back them up regularly

Guest pilli

Ah Jibberer..the 'voice of reason' again.

Makes a pleasant change from the dribble from his fellow Aussie,the one who doesn't care about the Selection Policy of Lower South Island Clubs,but has written a repetitive boring novel on the subject.

the voice of reason you say it seems to me there are tracks around that have short distances the last time i looked eg healsville cranbourne dapto lithgow etc jibberer why are'nt you racing any dogs in aust at the moment

Guest kilda lucy

apparently the meeting is cancelled i wonder if the bloke that lead this boycott is proud of himself i wonder what he thinks as he gets up of a morning and looks in the mirror puts his dye in his hair applies his make up this has to be the greatest travesty that has hit nz greyhound racing who really has actually benefitted outod this farcial its not about the sisp . i wonder did the macs support this for all the good reasons or just so they could nominate and potentially get extra dogs running every week has the other trainers realised that they will be the ones that will be losing out, did they say the macs they we will not nominate for the south as long as you agree to get rid of the sisp i wonder i dont think they will own up to the truth i have yet to see nyone put their name up that say they were losing out because of the policy , now i challenge jibbs jibbs do you have dogs racing in aust if so do they start 3 times in 10 days i would say the answer is no aussies seem to race their dogs once a week i await your answer jibbs if you can show me where they race there dogs reguarly like nz i will rest my case but i dont think that will be happening soon remember i have said i have no opinon on the sisp only the way it has been handled not even the blf would carry on like this as to mr craig roberts yes i said mr craig roberts as you are the initial instigator of this as apparently you seek attention as you want to be seen as the face of greyhound racing perhaps you need to take lessons from the faheys on how to conduct your self in the public arena you got yourself back on trackside by the same mena but hey who am i to tell an ex post office clerk used car salesman to do i may have a bigger history than you but then again i doubt it wake up and give yourself a slap its not about you and the conteol you try and have over others let me say this most of you that have dogs on 50 50 basi are lucky otherwise the dogs would have been pulled out of your kennels by now mow if you want to abuse me or theaten me my email address is not blocked otherwise i'll be over in dec good luck to all

Bowler:

I manage two syndicates of common working people who are in to Greyhounds for FUN not MONEY!!!

One syndicate is currently Dog-less (reassessing where to from here) and the other has one racing bitch. The Number 2 Syndicates Bitch has had four starts and based on current form can not get a start. This dog would be well suited to the SISP and as such I should be a firm supporter if only for selfish reasons as it is likely the only way she would get a start at the moment.

Having said all that I am firmly against the SISP and have been from day one. I was on the Otago Greyhound Club Board in the 2010-2011 seaso and probably lost my seat as a result of my stand. I was almost a lone voice in rejecting the policy at Otago Board meetings. I was on the Board when Marcey Flipp presented a letter signed by a majority of Canterbury Trainers to both the Otago and Southland Clubs to reject the SI policy. This was followed by a letter from Mr Craig Roberts. Why the Clubs did not act then and start discussions is bets for the Clubs to answer. I can only be held accountable for my own views and the stance I took. If discussions had been held then we would not have the Boycott we have in place now. While it hurts me to see my Club missing out on racing due to the Boycott they need to except they were in a position to do something before it got to this and chose not to.

Why I chose to buy and have my dogs trained by Team McInerney is my business and that of my syndicates alone. It could easily have been any other South Island Trainer we chose to run with. I support McInerneys stance on boycotting the two Clubs even though it is costing me nad my syndicates personally by having our dog sit in the Kennels. My stance has always been to look at what is in the best interest of Greyhound Racing in General and not in the selfish interests of a minority of Owner's/Trainers. I do note believe this Policy will do that.

When I realised I could not persuade my colleagues to ax the policy I set about devoting one year of my time (2011-2012 racing season) towards getting firm concrete and unchallenged information from the GRNZ website every day when NOM's for all meetings were posted. The Otago Club presented a suggestion at the AGM of GRNZ in Dunedin in 2011 requesting more races for the South Island. I was assured by the meeting that the Race Dates committee would give serious viewing to this issue. On this basis I have provided updates through the year to my Club and to the Race Dates Committee. I have provided the end of year results to both parties. My Club (god bless them) have agreed to raise this issue again at the Wanganui AGM. I will be present at the meeting to hold the Board to account. No one has been able to explain to me how it is fair and equitable to continue with the 60 races (North Island and 36 Races (South Island) given the population of dogs being prominently in the South Island. The South Island Clubs have met the required status in compiling Full Fields for there meetings even when they had extra races and the Dual Tuesday meetings in the South Islands is an example of this. Despite Mt Thayne Green (quoted in the November Board minutes of GRNZ) advising that North Island Clubs needed to make more of an effort to field 10 dog races on a high percentage of occasions this did happen and it is purely because there are not enough dogs in the North Island to allow this to happen.

I have had no support or feedback from the Race Dates Committee or the Chairman who is supposed the South Island Clubs Rep (debatable as he has not been democratically elected and does not have majority support from the South Island Clubs).

I believe that the elected Reps on the GRNZ board are only after self interest and this has to be seen as the Licensed Person Rep as well. The so called Independent Board Members obviously lack Teeth and unfortunately the Staff of GRNZ are just that, Staff and at the Whim of the Board. I would hate to be in Jim Leach's Shoes as CEO. This Man in my experience has some good ideas and energy to take GRNZ forward and can not do so due to the self interest of his employer being the GRNZ Board.

Lets look at the South Island Policy and why the current Boycott is in place?

The policy was dreamed up by the Christchurch Club and was put in place for a short trial. This policy was never going to affect the Christchurch Lubbock as they were clever enough to have the week start with there meeting on a Thursday meaning nothing change to their "Club" policy of FORM dogs starting and guaranteed start on 3rd m= nomination if not successful in first two Noms.

No evaluation of the "TRIAL" was carried out after the defined period. When is a "trial" not a "trial"? It is when an evaluation is not carried out afterwards. This Policy has never been gazetted anywhere by GRNZ so it is not enforceable. Christchurch Club did away with the Policy for there Tuesday meetings. Why was this? Did it not work? Why have the other two Clubs carried on with it?

Prior to the South Island Policy, the Otago Club Policy was in line with Christchurch and was Form dogs starting with a guaranteed start on 3rd Nom if unsuccessful in first two. What was wrong with This Policy? Why did Southland stand alone and not adopt this policy as held by the other two Clubs? Why was this policy not forced on Southland by the other two Clubs as the so called South Island Policy has been by the Christchurch Club?

Who has benefited from this policy? No new trainers have established in the Otago/Southland region while this policy has been in place. In fact if anything we have lost trainers in the Region rather than gaining any. Otago Trainers have continued to travel to Christchurch during the 2011-2012 season. Mr Tim Ede could only name on another thread one trainer and one date that anybody from the Southland region had traveled to Christchurch, so from this I can only see benefit for the Southland Trainers in having at least one guaranteed start a week within 2 1/2 hours travel of home.

For the Majority of Canterbury Trainers, they train dogs for a living. It is an overnight trip to Invercargill and a 18-20 hour day when traveling to Dunedin. I can understand why the trainers want to get dogs in form getting consistent races. It's how they make a living and should they be condemned for making a living from training dogs? I would be pretty pissed if my employer adopted a policy determining without consultation what days I was allowed to turn up for work and hence make a living.

As an owner, the more dogs my trainer can take to a venue the more he can share the expense across owners. Its called economies of scale.

Palmerston North/Wanganui is no further for most trainers than Invercargill although more expensive as a boat ride is required. It is still a two day trip as it is to Invercargill. Seems to me that these two Clubs stand to benefit at the expense of my Club and my fellow owners.

Where is the Licensed Person Rep in all this. Are they not elected to represent Trainers and Owners? Why have they not stepped in to mediate this issue?

Guest pilli

Great informative post Kelvin.

Its totally clear,both Otago and Southland Clubs have brought this boycott upon themselves,and their lack of action over an extended period of time,has left offended trainers with little alternative to the scenario we now see.

i gree with you pilli it si informative as so was murrays my point is did john mcinerney state that hewould not race down south as long as the boycotters got rid of the sisp as isee it thre would be no boycott without him please speak to mr jm and get back to me kelvin and pilli also still awaiting that very astute persons reply

Guest kirsty

I Kirsty as i have gone one step further as for legal reasons names wont be told on advice from my solicitor, but they know who they are and its been reported to all areas of need.

Cheers Jim

Not to sure why you have mention legal advice

i gree with you pilli it si informative as so was murrays my point is did john mcinerney state that hewould not race down south as long as the boycotters got rid of the sisp as isee it thre would be no boycott without him please speak to mr jm and get back to me kelvin and pilli also still awaiting that very astute persons reply

Terry C

I can tell you one hundred percent that Mr J T McInerney wanted know part of the boycott on the Southland Racing Club which was to discontinue racing until safety issues were addressed. He has lost dogs at Southland, as he has at Otago. In fact I was there when one of his best Bitches was euthanised at Otago on humane grounds after it got caught in the wire rope on the corner leaving the back straight. Young Johnny the Kennel Rep on the day was almost inconsolable. Team McInerney would say they have lost more dogs at Addington and Wanganui separately than Otago and Southland combined. This is why JT did not support the First Boycott.

When it came to the Boycott on the SI policy he signed because like many of us he could see it was not in the best interest of Greyhound Racing. Before anybody gets on here and states it is for self interest reasons, Just remember he has had one stint on the Board of GRNZ as Licensed Persons Rep and has stood again in the last two elections. How many others have put their hand up to do this job in the interest of us all????

Makes a pleasant change from the dribble from his fellow Aussie,the one who doesn't care about the Selection Policy of Lower South Island Clubs,but has written a repetitive boring novel on the subject.

oh the man of reason mr pilli ask the astute one how many tracks in nsw hav races run around 297 to 340 my guess would be a min o fprobably 10 to 15

Hmmm pilli who ever you are i hope thats not about my stand over sisp.