RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Mardy

Proisir v Its A Dundeel.

So who do the RC experts reckon will win the Spring Champion in 2 weeks time.According to Ron Dufficy on Racing Retro,he reckons Proisir will blow Dundeel away...but i'm not so sure.I think a lot depends on the tempo of the race.If its at a good speed then it will suit the Kiwi...but if its a walk fest then it will obviously suit Proisir better,and he races handier to the pace than the Kiwi.I hope the Kiwi can beat him,and he was pretty awesome on Saturday....Maybe it will be the Quinella certainty of the Carnival.

So who do the RC experts reckon will win the Spring Champion in 2 weeks time.According to Ron Dufficy on Racing Retro,he reckons Proisir will blow Dundeel away...but i'm not so sure.I think a lot depends on the tempo of the race.If its at a good speed then it will suit the Kiwi...but if its a walk fest then it will obviously suit Proisir better,and he races handier to the pace than the Kiwi.I hope the Kiwi can beat him,and he was pretty awesome on Saturday....Maybe it will be the Quinella certainty of the Carnival.

whereas Proisir looks to have brilliance.

Proisir =

If Dundeel gets within 2 lengths of Proisir I'll be surprised. I don't think he has got much more to give on this prep.

Whether or not he gets within 2 lengths of Proisir I don't know. But I didnt get any impression from Saturday's run that Dundeel was flattened.

Interested in what makes you think that??

With Murray Baker stating from day one,that the horses big final will be in the Derby,i can't imagine he will get the horse to peak early.And as someone else has said,judging by his run last weekend,he certainly isn't flat.Will be a great contest.

Guest scooby 3051

Indeed, reminds me of the old quote " Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than open it and remove all doubt"

Great race two very promising horses.

How lucky are we to have two great colts Dundeel and Sacred Falls in the same season. Both fantastic runs although completely different types of horses.

Personally watching a kiwi horse, trainer and jockey stick it up a red hot Aussie took the honours for me but the Sacred Falls run had to be seen to be believed.

Great times.

It really was a great ride too. Pocketed Proisir at top of straight, then in the straight right hand whip was making him run a bit skewy, switched to left hand for a few strides to straighten him up and then strong hands and heels. Really nice.

What a great race. Stoked for James McDonald, super ride. But really what was Nash thinking on Proisir? Im pretty sure anyone who took the $1.50 about him didn't expect him to be 3 back on the fence and on level peggings with Dundeel at the 400m. Needed to be atleast 3-4 lengths in front of him at the turn. Only think i can think of is they were worried about staying the trip being out of Choisir... Butchered him either way IMO. Well done to connections of Dundeel. Freakish training performance.

I think these are two very good horses and I dont want to have a go at Gai, but surely her horse given breeding and speed/ race style, he would be an absolute group one horse at a mile or less, and yes if ridden slightly differently probably wins narrowly yesterday.

I just wonder whether the pierro factor has them going in this direction whereas if Gai did not train pierro she would not have blinked in taking him on, and honestly even if he does run second to him, is it not still great to have on the cv.

Surely he would have been the only 3yo in australasia who would give him a 'race'.

It's interesting watching It's a Dundeel during the race. He seems a bit like one of those old pushmowers, where you have to keep pulling the cord to get it to start.

James had to keep scrubbing him up for quite a while but once IAD got to the 200 he clicked into gear and came home with a good turn of foot.

As many have said before, he should get better the further he goes.

Super win, and the Derby will suit him even better. Hard to see anything beating him if he gets there in one piece.

Clearly Prosoir is a very good horse as well. Interesting to hear James McD say yesterday with Des Coppins that he had ridden Prosoir in trackwork last week and he didnt get any feel that it was a stayer !!

Based on breeding and Saturday you would think long and hard about keeping it to the mile... but I see Gai has said it is still on for the Cox etc. Bit hard to second guess her the way the stable is going I suppose?

It's interesting watching It's a Dundeel during the race. He seems a bit like one of those old pushmowers, where you have to keep

pulling the cord to get it to start.

James had to keep scrubbing him up for quite a while but once IAD got to the 200 he clicked into gear and came home with a good turn of foot.

As many have said before, he should get better the further he goes.

Yep! Like lots of the High Chaps I reckon - don't throw your tickets away on the true stayers until they've passed the line - it seems many of them are ridden (and ridden) out for a sustained finish and some can take quite some winding up to get to the front of the field - often with not much of the straight left to spare!!

DIdn't see the race at the time - nice touch on the new format for the link to be posted on the forum homepage, thx Sheriff.

Guest The Apprentice

Where's Pogo gone? First Ocean Park creams them in the Underwood, then IAD does the "certainty" in the Spring Championship Stakes! :P

Guest leigh

My only query would be is how many more runs does he have left in him this time in. No doubt a top class horse, but not sure if he can turn up again for another gut buster in the VRC Derby. If he was mine I think I would be waiting for the Autumn, but he aint worse luck, so lets hope he can keep winning.

I don,t expect you,ll hear back from him...I have spent some great days on aussie racecourses in all states where they have underestimated the chances of the kiwi horses in major races who have ultimately saluted the judge. I have backed them as a kiwi and because they pay over the odds and offer value. Some of the best memories are the many Qld Winter and Melb Cup Carnivals...These Aussie lovers jump out of trees to Label new champions each week. I heard the Aussie presenter this morning on trackside say Ocean Parks win yesterday was in a B grade Group 1 Field.

Hey I agree with your sentiments in general Porky - but Manighar's sad withdrawal from the field DID make it something of a 'gimmee' for Ocean Park. That' is said without any disrespect whatever to the horse or his trainer. I still think he could win the Cox Plate. But you can't deny that it was not a top notch G1 field: some good horses in it, but not many at their 'right' distance ie; Sincero and Alcopop. You'd have to be warming to old Alcopop again for the Cup after yesterday though!

Cheers