RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
richie

Wtf-teachers Not Getting Paid

Some secondary school employees have gone five weeks without pay, following the introduction of the new Novopay payroll system.

Schools across the country are threatening legal action over thousands of employees who've been underpaid, or not paid at all.

Northcote College's Annalie Sieberhagen says she's so angry she's considered quitting, and wants to sue the Ministry of Education.

"As you can imagine, it's been really, really frustrating. I mean, I've had financial commitments which I've had to make all kinds of arrangements for, and it's just been really, really stressful."

Annalie Sieberhagen says all the joy she gets from her job has been taken away and she's sick of having to deal with the professional and personal fall-out.

they belong to a union whats wrong with them.... with draw your labour until they fix the problem...

and this comes from a guy who strongly thinks teachers and principals are over paid....but lets face it no one in there right mind can afford not to be paid on time....what is wrong with these people.. take over payroll ..do the job right or get replaced with someone that can....

anyway isn't it an australian company? that could explain a lot..lol.

they belong to a union whats wrong with them.... with draw your labour until they fix the problem...

and this comes from a guy who strongly thinks teachers and principals are over paid....but lets face it no one in there right mind can afford not to be paid on time....what is wrong with these people.. take over payroll ..do the job right or get replaced with someone that can....

Teachers overpaid??!!

Are you retarded?

eldest daughter is a teacher tele,and you woudnt want to stand next to her when you said that. You would become a "headless tubby". You need a reality check mate.

Teachers overpaid??!!

Are you retarded?

overpaid and underworked.We all know many teachers that use all these breaks throughout the year as holidays.Teachers generally DO NOT live in the real world also you can lump most government employees in that basket.

there may be some that love their job and do it really good.

there are a great number that should think of staying at home or changing jobs as they are complete ****wits at being a school teacher /pricipal.and i stand by that...been on enough school boards.. and have had quite a bit to do with schools/since with grandchildren etc.. overpaid glorified baby sitters...

knew to many teachers that put themselves through training colledge by working at night.... in massage palours....then they claim to have morals.. by teaching our children?

overpaid and underworked.We all know many teachers that use all these breaks throughout the year as holidays.Teachers generally DO NOT live in the real world also you can lump most government employees in that basket.

Yip $45k is a fkn huge salary. They're all driving around in Audis and living in beachfront villas.

Deadset there's some numpties on here.

this issue with wages started /or become knoen before this new payroll group took over...teachers ,cleaners,and other starff were prewarned that their wages may not be in their bank come normal payday..some were told that they had been over paid..in some cases, releif teachers were paid $7,000 for 2 or 3 days releif work...

i can not understand if this era was picked up then why couldn't it have been fixed before these people got their pay/wages...i think a few years ago while living in papakura,my wife worked at a local school.. who changed payroll group.. and they had a big mix up with everyones wages.. so this must be an on going thing..one would think they would've learnt by now.. and got things right.

i for one would not blame anyone if their wages were paid wrong or not paid into my banlk at all... most are part of a union and they should be jumping up and down.. and the government should also be doing something ... i bet they took their taxes out from these peoples wages... hire purechase agreements etc are not always as acommodating as some think, and nor are mortage people like banks... they take but not give, and they soon add late fees for late /non payment.. when clearly it is not the fault of these people ..they pay the price,their bosses and payrool people have a lot to answer for.

there are a great number that should think of staying at home or changing jobs as they are complete ****wits at being a school teacher /pricipal.and i stand by that...been on enough school boards.. and have had quite a bit to do with schools/since with grandchildren etc.. overpaid glorified baby sitters...

knew to many teachers that put themselves through training colledge by working at night.... in massage palours....then they claim to have morals.. by teaching our children?

Teletubby,

If your school was so bad why didn't you do something about it?

As a board member you are directly responsible for employing the principal who is in turn directly responsible for employing the teachers. The buck actually stops with you.

Hei kona ra

i havd no problems with the teachers/principals at schools were i was a board of trustee member...with the exception of one.papakura central school were the principal and a t the time a fellow board member who soon became the chairperson .. and mayor of papakura... decided that i should concider standing down (this was when the election results came known) because they felt a person that missed out had more to offer the school and it did not wash well with them that someone that was umemployed became a board memeber...since i've been in southland i've experienced several strange teachers/principals details that i shell not go into on this forum as legal action against them is still pending.

but i can say this... when a child gets his/her pants pulled down by some older kids something has to be done about it.... they got to sit in the office for the rest of the day.. the child that had pants pulled down swang around and bite one of the kids as he could not free his arms.. he was suspended for his actions..remember his pants were pulled down exposing his bare arse... the response from the teacher,principal and the board of trustees was discusting to say the least...and our concerns about the pants being pulled down laughed at by them all as one big joke...that is the board.principal and teachers i have that is were my concern lays...the teachers and pricipals that i have encounted in southland .by far the strangest lot... we are talking a bout one school were in one year the pricipal reported the parents to CYF without reasonable or just caurse..just because she could...soon turns the other way and runs when she shes me in the shops...hence this is now the job i do... helping parents that have problems with schools,and cyf...while there are some bad parents out there not all are bad,just as not all teachers are bad... alot have to follow what they are told or be hit over the knockles so to speack.. hope this helps clear up the matter..

i can not understand if this era was picked up then why couldn't it have been fixed before these people got their pay/wages.

No error Teletubby - Automated payroll systems require input - if they put crap in (instead of correct information) - you can't get correct information out. Crap in - Crap out! Don't get me started but think call centres for a sec ... Maybe there's a foreign country involved with the data being loaded? Is English a 2nd or possibly a 3rd language?

i think the new payroll company is australian.from news reports a week or so ago. i stand to be corrected.. but thats what i heard, one would think they would be more on the level ..in relation to being an english speaking country to say..india..

but honestly..i'd think if they knew that all this was going to happen inn advance they would have been able to fix it or a least part of the problem..if not they clearly should be dumped and replace with someone else.this would happen in big business wouldn't it?

they have a wage scale...

forget the figures as it has chaged a bit over the years...

just out of training school year 1 exsample -$17,000

year 2 -$19,000

rear 3 -$21,000

and so on. pricipal normally top cap.. like i said would have changed a lot over last 10 years...someone in know will put us right.

Your views on School Principals and teachers are not new to us Tubby as you've gone on about them for years and years. Same with WINZ workers, CYF workers, etc, etc. According to you all those employed in these different professions are ****wits. So many different people Tubby, but only one common denominator and that is..............YOU.

yes i am very judgemental .. when it comes to government departments.. just like a trade unuoist stands up for the workers against the bosses,i stand up against,teachers,principals,winz,cyf and many others. for the weak,unemployed and those that don't know how to deal with some of the crap they dish out.. just like the principal that had asembly and told all present that a couple of kids were leaving the school because their parents had died... you can wonder about the reaction by those children and the parents who were standing at the back of the hall listening about them dying... is that okay. or do we stand up and say no,no,no.

If its such a cushy job why don't you sign up and be one??

No idea as usual.