RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Opo

Who are these Maori?

By Fiona Mackenzie:

With recent claims of Maori ownership of water, wind and the digital spectrum - combined with the concerning prospect of a new, race-based constitution being developed for our country - I am left pondering: Who are these “Maoriâ€

If we are not carful, a caste system will evolve here; as the obvious racial characteristcs blur, 'Maori' will become little more than a (priveliged) status.

we are already like south africa..in the days... were the minority rulz...

minto and his gang of activists protested that this was totally unfair .. but they seem to support it here in new zealand... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm,maybe i can blame my parents because they were not maori,for all the unfair, and bad things that have happened to me in my life time.....some one has got to pay for this.. maybe a big slice of waikato or southland would be payment enough with about $170 million compo.... might do me and my family a decade or two before we need to ask for more......

tune in tomorrow for the continuing saga of kiwi casebook,were the poor get poorer and the rich get richer and if your white.. go directly to jail do not pass go do not colect 200...

I think the title of this thread should just read "Who are Maori" without 'these'.

I suggest the merest smattering of Maori blood which any of them now possess simply makes them New Zealanders.

It's well documented they originally came from South America anyway.

I understand the writers drift, but the e.g. she uses is a poor one.

The "very white, blue eyed" Paekakariki Express may have a dubious claim to being Maori, but there is no doubt about his Samoan heritage. His grandmother was full Samoan. Not a great example to use as he clearly is not "Very white" and "blue eyed".

I understand the writers drift, but the e.g. she uses is a poor one.

The "very white, blue eyed" Paekakariki Express may have a dubious claim to being Maori, but there is no doubt about his Samoan heritage. His grandmother was full Samoan. Not a great example to use as he clearly is not "Very white" and "blue eyed".

That makes it even mare farcical that he played for the Maori!