RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
teletubby

school lunches...

of late there has been quite a bit of bitching about some children not having school lunches... yes this happens.some even turn up not having breakfast and some schools provide this for them...not really exceptable to some but at least children get feed.

if schools are made to provide lunches what are the options...

here in gore.. were the schools tell you not to give this to your child or that to your child and none of this is permitted at school for lunch....

east gore school sells food via st peters... and one of the things they sell is noodle pods.but in a recent news letter the school has instructed parents not to send kids to school with these as they need hot water and it is a health and safety issue... but they still continue to sell via st peters..a quick run down on a school lunch order..

calci yum milk

keri juice

mini burgers-chicken

baked nuggets & chips

macaroni cheese.

wedges with chicken tenders and milk

wedges with nuggets and milk

wedges with pork riblets and milk

meat lovers pizza

chips wedges

noodles-beef or chicken

pork riblets

chicken tenders

chicken nuggets

american hot dog

hot bite pie

toastie triangle-spaghetti/cheese

cold foods

lunch box (chicken or ham sandwhich,

banana,yoghurt & mini muffin)

juicy

cookie time cookie

fruit cup

popcorn.

message at botton say: please note all food is baked not fried in oil...

we take my grandsons pills down to him at lunch time and watch parents turning up with macdonalds, pks of fish 'n'chips .KFC,and subways..

in my view schools have no right or no idea on what it takes to feed a child.. some may have a condition .. for example,gutem free issues... just to name one...

I watched a TV doco about 6 months ago re a country overseas, I think it was Switzerland, They provide a lunch to all schools free of charge. The benefits well outweigh the costs in the long run and really made sense. Apart from each child being fed the win falls were that in later life the childrens health was much better and a less drain on their health system, less sick leave at work and more productive thus saving more than they invested. Initially it cost alot but greater benefits in the long run. Looking at Campbell live last night and the food some families provided would have cost about $10.00 for the day and was junk food.....maybe every child should have $20.00 pw for each child paid directly to the school and the school buys all food and feeds each child. Parents don't need to provide as school feeding them. Any money left over can be used to pay kids school fees and the goverment can pay to employ a cook or parents can be assigned a days to come and do the cooking. The only problem is getting parents to pay but can be deducted straight from Benefits, working for families or employers, just need parents to nominate a school.

trouble with that is some schools would take part of that $20 and put it into their running costs for the school instead of food for the children.. they simply can not be trusted to do what is designed with the money...yes you could get parents to do a day here a day there in the kitchen preparing lunches... but from my experience and i think most schools will ditto... modern mothers are a lazy lot....schools have trouble getting them to help pta's etc.. so what chance have they got to do meals....you need to employ someone to do it.st peters down this way has the right idea.... but i do question the healthly diet bit....although i'm at a cross road here.as i feel at least kids are getting lunches... some parents reason unknown can not afford to buy their kids a pie, of such for lunch....those same parents can not supply some bread and butter and peanut butter or jam.. they need to explore the reason why.. look at budget, at, educating them into cooking,etc..if on a benefit.. and kids are turning up at school without lunch when i was a kiddie, teacher would ask if someone had spare sandwhiches they didn't want, apples , biscuits etc .. and we were always egar to help out a mate in class.. these days the kids sneak out to where the kids put their luch boxes etc and steal what they want..we need to educate the children that it is wrong and the parents that they have an obligation to feed their children if they are having problems then they need to get help..and here lies the problem.... schools are so tied up with sucking up to departments like CYF, they make a parent that is having financial problems to be a bad family .. next thing they have cyf ..wanting meetings, making demand and threatening to take children from families...one can see why parents won't work in with schools... i have seen it first hand...and could tell a few home truths... about schools and cyf...but that doesn't help the children that go to school hungry without breakfast or lunch.. it is a fine line..and schools have got to stop being bullies and work with the parents.. without prejuduice.

luches that east gore get from st peters, each item is at a cost... they don't get it free,for example,

pies =$2.00

baked nuggets/chips=$4.50

combos =$6.00

noodles=$2.00

now i think you can get these noodles at suppermarket for $.59c just add water...quite a good profit margin....

without a word of a lie....for those of you that live in papakura and have sighted the mcveigh twins..the father was /is a regular at papakura tab. the girls, the mother and one of the boys were huge.. when the girls got in my cab, it would be like the flintstones... just about asre over... watching those girls snack out from a bakery ... would put most people off food..

well down here in southland... i find a great percentage of the females are obeast...i've even had my sons girlfriends sister tell me i was obeast... maybe i am/was... she could fit into my pants without much space left..her grandmother was /is 3/to 4 times my size.. and since my sons girlfriend had her baby she has balloned in size... they seem to marry and have kids at a very eary age down here cause by the time they are 20 ... they look as they would be 50 in auckland...heavy drinking and not watching/caring what they eat and most of them think they look good......

watching the wiggle of a southlander dropping from side to side as they walk down the street can be quite entertaining... put ya off females though... the over weight, the real cool foul words they use..

at least i can walk down the street and know my body is in quite good nick.. and although i'm in twighlight years, still in very good shape..watch what i eat,watch what i drink (no alcohol for well over a year)and i exercise....at 90k,still could lose another 20k but no hurry...i'm doing just dandy....

without a word of a lie....for those of you that live in papakura and have sighted the mcveigh twins..the father was /is a regular at papakura tab. the girls, the mother and one of the boys were huge.. when the girls got in my cab, it would be like the flintstones... just about asre over... watching those girls snack out from a bakery ... would put most people off food..

well down here in southland... i find a great percentage of the females are obeast...i've even had my sons girlfriends sister tell me i was obeast... maybe i am/was... she could fit into my pants without much space left..her grandmother was /is 3/to 4 times my size.. and since my sons girlfriend had her baby she has balloned in size... they seem to marry and have kids at a very eary age down here cause by the time they are 20 ... they look as they would be 50 in auckland...heavy drinking and not watching/caring what they eat and most of them think they look good......

watching the wiggle of a southlander dropping from side to side as they walk down the street can be quite entertaining... put ya off females though... the over weight, the real cool foul words they use..

at least i can walk down the street and know my body is in quite good nick.. and although i'm in twighlight years, still in very good shape..watch what i eat,watch what i drink (no alcohol for well over a year)and i exercise....at 90k,still could lose another 20k but no hurry...i'm doing just dandy....

And worse still, what about the tattooed ones, ugh, down right ugly.

saw this sheila bending over in the supermarket. and spotted this tatto,on th ecrack of her butt.. most of us most likely have spotted them in our travel...

mmmmmmmmmmm nice tat i thought.. (skinny sheila..one of few down here) well i looked again and she had scabby sores all over her back.. she stood up and turned around and her face ane shoulders were covered in this flakey scabby stuff... urrrrrrrrrrr ....

many others clearly have tats from head to foot... i don't like pain so none on me.. a couple of my sons have them..god knows why... i guess i'm tooooo chicken... but heaps of sheilas down here with tatto's and okay for those they suit but there are some really wild lookers that look like branded hogs..

You should have a column in your local rag tubs,highly entertaining and informative. May wake some people up,the bottom line is if your eating well and looking after yourself everything else falls into place. Healthy body healthy mind... You imagine what goes on in the heads of some of these bushpigs

i might add the sheila with the tats and scabby body... doesn't seem to be around gore anymore... for quite a while i'd see her and a group of young fellas, coming home from liqourland scolling 8% rum/bourbons as they walked home.. oh.. about 3 doors from were i live is a tinny house ..they would make regular stops there... not bad for unemployed people, they give the good ones a bad name..

and yes as a taxi driver in the state of papakura you get to pick tinny houses.... lots of visitors all hours of the night/day...and with the normal crap that goes with it... and the police do nothing....the locals just say...it doesn't go on(happen ) in gore...thats an auckland thing.... well i've got news for them...... wake up and smell the coffee.

The problem is the tinny houses use to deal in marijuana now they opting for the evil p.,those sores sound classic sign,i had a mate up north growing the gunja on the side and selling to auck,then when p came in he couldnt get any buyers.Hes smoked the weed for twenty years and hes sharp as a tack. On the way out to surf 6 ft bluff on ninety mile he would smoke a fat joint driving there and be the first out back.never been on a benefit and is a hard worker.

grew up in mt roskill, a dry area... full of piss heads... but nrighbour helped neighbour...everyone had something spare to help those that didn't have as much...drugs would have been around..not in my circle of mates until late teenage years... and those that took dope soon were on the out as friends... doesn't matter what town i move to.. this stuff will be present.. found it even in meremere village... funny thing is the police seem to turn a blind eye to it so what can one do...currently looking for a farmhouse but still looking at moving back to auckland. don't know why... i keep to myself have as little to do with neighbours as i can.. maybe a hello here and there...we manage with what we have and the income we bring in..since both of us have been working we can afford things more. always food in fridge/cupboard,, clothes on our backs and rent/power paid for...not a lot fpr savings but we manage...now if we can do it then everyone else should be able to as well.

just getting away from school lunches.. the guy on a benefit from kaitaia that smashed a winz office window last week because he was turn down after applying for a food grant... i feel for that bloke...

to get a food grant,you must show them a copy of your bank statement/balance. this is so they can see you have no money left..

then you must explain what you spent your money on..

then if you say you paid a over due bill or a car repaire you must show them the receit for payment.. yes the third degree. and then at the end of all this bullshit they say no,this can be really downheartening,i've been there, your guts feels empty you hear this almighty thud... within..your wind drifts ..what do i do,what do i do.. you wonder how your going to feed your wife and twenty hungry kids...until next benefit day...

i'd say apply for a special benefit they can not refuse. most people on a benefit are entitled to ex amount for a food grant each year.some never use them some are in there every second week..i am sick and tired of winz case officers playing god... but hey this is the system we have and it is better than nothing at all. these people need held.. they need someone to listen. they do not get that by a national government nor did they get it under labour.. but they also don't get the help they need by the caseofficers employed to help them...

i exspect a few more windows to be broken...maybe they should look at helping this guy and find a solution rather than putting this on the back burner and treating the man as a criminal...

to get a food grant,you must show them a copy of your bank statement/balance. this is so they can see you have no money left..

then if you say you paid a over due bill or a car repaire you must show them the receit for payment.. yes the third degree. and then at the end of all this bullshit they say no,this can be really downheartening,i've been there, your guts feels empty you hear this almighty thud... within..your wind drifts ..what do i do,what do i do.. you wonder how your going to feed your wife and twenty hungry kids...until next benefit day...

Be better off wondering why you have twenty kids, why you arunemployable and why you live a shithole like Northland... but it's probably too late by the time you've sunk that far. You make your bed....

just getting away from school lunches.. the guy on a benefit from kaitaia that smashed a winz office window last week because he was turn down after applying for a food grant... i feel for that bloke...

i'd say apply for a special benefit they can not refuse. most people on a benefit are entitled to ex amount for a food grant each year.some never use them some are in there every second week..i am sick and tired of winz case officers playing god... but hey this is the system we have and it is better than nothing at all. these people need held.. they need someone to listen. they do not get that by a national government nor did they get it under labour.. but they also don't get the help they need by the caseofficers employed to help them...

i exspect a few more windows to be broken...maybe they should look at helping this guy and find a solution rather than putting this on the back burner and treating the man as a criminal...

He won't have got his food grant because I'll bet he's already used up his quota. There's only so much food in a Food Bank and if you let some families come back every 2nd day, stocks would soon be exhausted. The man needs to go to a budgeting service.

they have two options..

a food grant... that is a seal,signed form dicrected to the supermarket you choose.eg,countdown new worls etc.. to the value of say $200.00,no cigs or chocolates ,booze.. and i think you can use it all and add extra money to your total but if you use $194 of $200 you have to find something else to make it to that total or as close to that total as possible and they may give you i think something like $2 in change.

the other option is. they send you to the food bank run by the sallies or some church group,this is becoming more and more part of winz.. as they have been instructed by the witch from the west to make cuts... sallies and other church groups don't really see eye to eye with the government on this as it is a drain on their resorces..while the government uses the money in other areas for which they are not intended..like paying big fat eeo's a massive farewell package... that could pay 1000 people on a benefit a foodgrant of $100 or more.

if a person on a benefit of say $200, paid out rent,power,medical,and food the odds are they would not have ****all left for anything else.. budget or no budget.. take gst off everyday food and that in it self would be a start..

I have stated that for some on benefits .. they should run up a card system. give them no money.. welfare pays the rent, power ,phone etc.. and what is left goes towards food .. and if that is not enough then and only then a top up with a food grant...taht has to be a step in the right direction.. and only give special food grants out for really desperate situations...

Without wanting to incur the wrath of the bleeding heart liberals.... I would like to agree with Tubs. I would prefer my taxes went on food rather than booze, cigarettes and Sky TV.

I have lived most of my life in the lower socio-economic areas of West Auckland and even spent 5 years on a hill overlooking a notorious state housing area of Mt.Roskill.

The lifestyle sure appears to be a choice for many. And it is the children that do the suffering, before they too have children and repeat the cycle.

So when the TV reporters are suggesting we start paying for school lunches, I would like them first to do a count up of state houses versus Sky TV dishes and tell us why the ratio is so high.

This is why the "family benefit" would not work. The order of spending would be booze, drugs, parties, petrol for the V8, Sky TV and if there is anything left over... food for the kids.

Without wanting to incur the wrath of the bleeding heart liberals.... I would like to agree with Tubs. I would prefer my taxes went on food rather than booze, cigarettes and Sky TV.

I have lived most of my life in the lower socio-economic areas of West Auckland and even spent 5 years on a hill overlooking a notorious state housing area of Mt.Roskill.

The lifestyle sure appears to be a choice for many. And it is the children that do the suffering, before they too have children and repeat the cycle.

So when the TV reporters are suggesting we start paying for school lunches, I would like them first to do a count up of state houses versus Sky TV dishes and tell us why the ratio is so high.

This is why the "family benefit" would not work. The order of spending would be booze, drugs, parties, petrol for the V8, Sky TV and if there is anything left over... food for the kids.

couldnt agree more mate, i install sky for living and some of the houses i go to that cant seem to afford a feed or decent clothes for the kids yet im there putting sky on....ive just gotta bite my lip and do my job but one day i'd love to have a go at people like that