RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rooboy

Test Match Rugby

Test match rugby is doing my head in at the moment. I love my rugby but the International stuff is such a bad advertisement for the game.

I watched three games on Saturday. The first was a great little game of age grade rep rugby, with some great running play and 8 tries in all, six by outside backs. Then I went to a Heartland Rep game, where the standard was poor but the boys tried their best and there was plenty of excitement. Then I had to sit through the scrappy, Ref dominated, kick fest that passes for International rugby these days.

It's not nly the AB's cause I turned over to the final 10 mins of the Wallaby game. That went penalty, lineout, not straight, scrum, penalty, lineout, not straight, scrum.... . Wayne Barnes was murdering a decent exciting finish.

If the only rugby you're watching is the Internationals, then your probably feeling like turning to the netball. But don't be deluded, the decent exciting stuff is being played down at your local park.

Yeh the stakes are a little higher in the old test match rugby.

Defences are trained well and it takes a good effort to pentrate.ITM has more action and Im enjoying following it.

I wouldn't like to see flash whizz banger tries every 5 minutes in the ABs games.It has to be a real skillful effort to get over nowdays.

There are some moves afoot to speed things up which should sort the men from the boys.

I love test match rugby where you test the opposition in every aspect of the game for an advantage.So far we are being pretty successful.