RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
laadeedaa

Manukau...nothing said?

Not quite the same Kevin, Waipa turf track, Manukau all weather, what is the real story?. Don't no if true, but heard track turned before Sunday, rain came and turned it to slop, is this correct?.

Staff turned track on friday and then failed to roll it----end result slush---but still a act of god-----yeah rite

Staff turned track on friday and then failed to roll it----end result slush---but still a act of god-----yeah rite

If this is the case you'd have to ask yourself why the hell it took until one hour before kennelling due to start to abandon? One positive was I got to have a nice cold beer at your local Grizz!

If this is the case you'd have to ask yourself why the hell it took until one hour before kennelling due to start to abandon? One positive was I got to have a nice cold beer at your local Grizz!

Should have put it on my tab--Kath could have got it back from her fellow committee members------But you are right they would have known early that the track was naffed,but i guess they were really waiting for a act of god to dry it out.

and they failed to roll it and it ended up slushy as a result, Club Insurance should cover such an incompetent Blunder.. "Act Of God MY ARSE" God has enough on his hands at the present time far more complex and real than a slushy "all weather Track".:)

Should have put it on my tab--Kath could have got it back from her fellow committee members------But you are right they would have known early that the track was naffed,but i guess they were really waiting for a act of god to dry it out.

I might try your bar tab next time!! If that track was naffed at 8am it was still going to be naffed at 2.30pm because the weather forecast was for more rainfall, some miracle isn't going to occur that suddenly hardens up the surface! Thankfully it doesn't happen very often at all that Akl abandon's, this is only the 2nd time I remember since my involvement.

Another question, do the fields from Sunday's abandoned meeting carry over to this Sunday's meeting? I ask because I got an email saying trainer's do not need to nominate their dog's for this Sunday? Does this only apply to the dog's in the NZRS final or all dog's? Email was a tad vague to be honest.

Well what a place,So if it rains non stop for 24 hours before races at auckland you cant just pack your bags and go home.Has anyne asked what the track looked like the day before?If you ring them with your team of five and say its to wet to get to my car or i dont like driving in the rain what would happen?

I might try your bar tab next time!! If that track was naffed at 8am it was still going to be naffed at 2.30pm because the weather forecast was for more rainfall, some miracle isn't going to occur that suddenly hardens up the surface! Thankfully it doesn't happen very often at all that Akl abandon's, this is only the 2nd time I remember since my involvement.

Key statement there is it rarely happens..I've seen it handle worse than weekend just gone.

I agree,it does not happen that much,but remember the last time was a auckland cup meeting,was just talking to one of my owners,he runs the new heallsville straight track in victoria,he turns the track every two weeks, but he said the most important thing is to roll the track straight after just maybe rain could come and then rolls it again the next day, i believe this has been the problem with all our abandments in the north, it has not been rolled so turns to slush.---sometimes lucky--sometimes not

Don't no if true, but heard track turned before Sunday, rain came and turned it to slop, is this correct?.

John..have just arrived home from work,and see Grizzly has more or less confirmed what you heard.

Must confess I was very surprised to see meeting abandoned,when Sunday was amoungst the best weather wise for several weekends,so damage to Track had obviously occured prior to Raceday.

ive gotta stick up for the track guys here, ive helped maintain a track before in aus. Each week a track requires a certain amount of maintenance to keep it useable, weve had shite weather all week and posibly the best or only time they could have turned it was friday? if that is what happened?? the amount of rain we had here over the weekend it is no suprise they called it off... and i must say i applaud their decision to call it off instead of running the meeting on the disgracful type conditions ive been seeing in the south island recently. No doubt if they ran the meeting people will be complaining too.

exactly right this track is usually turned out in great nick and stands up to alot of rain. The track guys are on a hiding to nothing with the weather, they dont turn the track and it doesnt rain they have a rock hard track thats dangerous, they had to make a call with the information they had, they dont have a crystal ball... maybe it was the wrong one, but they rarley get it wrong.

haha, Too soft to run in a bit of slush. Trainers do it in the south, (Christchurch and otago) week in and week out through winter. Theres times when the tractor wont go on the track all meeting at Chch.

No in all seriousness, good call to abandon meeting if the tracks believed not to be up to suitable condition, regardless of whos fault it is.