RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lloyd Vivian

John McNair hurt

Just saw this on Racenet.au

Clinton Payne

11/09/2012

John McNair badly injured in trackwork incident

Hay List's trainer John McNair claims he's "lucky" despite suffering serious injuries in a trackwork incident on Monday.

"One just reared up, went backwards and came down on top of me," McNair said. "I've fractured my pelvis, three of my vertebras down low in my back and they are doing more scans on my foot, ankle and right knee sometime today.

"I'm in a lot of pain but the painkillers they've got me on are good.

"It could have been a hell of a lot worse. I'm probably lucky.

"There was no warning, he just went up and over.

"I've had horses land on me before but not like this."

McNair remains in Gosford Hospital and said his injuries will sideline him for "an extended period".

"The doctors are still doing tests but they've told me I'll be laid up in bed for a while," he said. They say complete bed rest is the only thing you can do with the injuries.

"I'm out in sympathy with the big horse [Hay List]. We can hobble around together but right now he's doing better than me."

Hay List is continuing to recover from a leg injury he suffered when he slipped after undergoing colic surgery in April.