RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tepirita

Lure breakdowns

when one person thinks they are more important than the group. I note that neither Mcinerney or Tippy were at the meeting so they dont know the extent to which we discussed the future of racing in the South Island. The boycott wasnt just because of the horrific demise of Badja but that was the final straw.

This isnt a push to get the club shutdown, it is a push to get it up to acceptable standard. Yes we all agree other tracks have issues as well and obviously we also want a second track in Canterbury, that has been on the table for some time and that doesnt necessitate the close of Southland. This was the first step. Solidarity is a powerful thing, without it, its just the same shit different day.

The meeting was inspiring in that we were all prepared to work together for the common good. It gave me hope for Greyhound racing something that I havent had for some years. The trainers that actually provide the racing should have some control over how racing progresses and at present we dont. If this isnt resolved then Ive had enough.

Diana Roberts, public trainer for 21yrs.

While I do not wish to get involved in the debate between trainers and who is right and who is wrong, I am very very concerned at a o possible conflict of interest.

Chairman of the Southland Club Paul Conner has recently been re-elected by default as South Island Representative because the South Island Clubs could not get there ducks in a row.

If Conner is allowed to participate in any discussion around the GRNZ Board Table on this matter then that is majorly wrong and would be a huge conflict of interest.

I will be interested to see how effective the boycott is, because it was threatened in relation to Southland and Otago continuing with the "South Island Selection Policy"and was never supported!!!

Mcinerney would race his dogs on broke glass if it meant he would get a winner, leading trainer my arse! !

DownwardSpiral are you on a break?. Carpet cleaning business going well I take it.

While I do not wish to get involved in the debate between trainers and who is right and who is wrong, I am very very concerned at a o possible conflict of interest.

Chairman of the Southland Club Paul Conner has recently been re-elected by default as South Island Representative because the South Island Clubs could not get there ducks in a row.

If Conner is allowed to participate in any discussion around the GRNZ Board Table on this matter then that is majorly wrong and would be a huge conflict of interest.

I will be interested to see how effective the boycott is, because it was threatened in relation to Southland and Otago continuing with the "South Island Selection Policy"and was never supported!!!

M8 why go on about Connors its done dusted and finished and why have you got this agenda.

Anything done in Greyhounds smells of agendas or for some ones gain over others especially in Sth Island for me the Canturbury trainers (want it all gl to them) but try and get some structure to what ever you want to gain.

Any submission for any change has to be a format of honesty and integrity and for the right reasons not some ones personal reward using others to reach their hidden goals.

In general i have yet to see unity within the trainers ranks over any issues wether it be tracks or equipment for the last 17 years .

If you like, maybe we can list past experiences, re the above issues and see who supported what, anyway i am a cinic re any militancy in greyhounds.

We tried but too many scabs wont support the issues when and if it endangers their profits and comes to the crunch.

So if your wondering why no options for action get change, forget it because it wont happen unless changed by clubs and that wont happen self interest will stop them (goolduck too them also). cheers Jim

when one person thinks they are more important than the group. I note that neither Mcinerney or Tippy were at the meeting so they dont know the extent to which we discussed the future of racing in the South Island. The boycott wasnt just because of the horrific demise of Badja but that was the final straw.

This isnt a push to get the club shutdown, it is a push to get it up to acceptable standard. Yes we all agree other tracks have issues as well and obviously we also want a second track in Canterbury, that has been on the table for some time and that doesnt necessitate the close of Southland. This was the first step. Solidarity is a powerful thing, without it, its just the same shit different day.

The meeting was inspiring in that we were all prepared to work together for the common good. It gave me hope for Greyhound racing something that I havent had for some years. The trainers that actually provide the racing should have some control over how racing progresses and at present we dont. If this isnt resolved then Ive had enough.

Diana Roberts, public trainer for 21yrs.

I approached the Amalgamated Workers Union when i had an issue with the Christchurch Club over contracts for people working for clubs.

They offered full membership and free legal representation for anyone in the Greyhound Industry that joined, i asked around not one wanted membership so any areas of complaint for me is wasting your time as not all care and you know that Di it will allways be. cheers Jim