RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
D'Bandross

Petitions

A spot on assessment, Philocon.

If two parties have diametrically-opposed opinions - as seems to be the case with GRNZ and the Manawatu club - appointing a mediator is only likely to increase by 1 the number of people both of those people disagree with.

Both sides presumably have concrete bottom-line positions. That would be where both are erring: a lasting agreement will only happen with compromise, preferably from both sides...

It would make sense for the Racing Minister to appoint an indpendent mediator (arbitrator) who would report back to him.The Minister would then make a final decision which both parries would have to adhere to.

It's a long way from Ministerial intervention and the last thing that any section of the racing industry should want.

If we are going to run to the govt every time we have an internal dispute then it won't be long before the intervention becomes more serious and we give away control of the industry to Ministerial appointments and decree. Then any arguments about whether the clubs or GRNZ should pay or control things becomes academic and almost irrelevant.

The fact is whatever your opinion of the Board is or the club, we have to sort it out ourselves as an industry if we are to retain any credibility with anyone.

The other codes have been through worse crises than this and resolved them without ministerial intervention and so can we.

Philicon, your thoughts on how this can be solved are about as time consuming as reading many of your posts.Can't you see neither club is likely to budge under the present situation, drastic remedies are needed and if the Minister has to be involved so be it.

Philicon, your thoughts on how this can be solved are about as time consuming as reading many of your posts.Can't you see neither club is likely to budge under the present situation, drastic remedies are needed and if the Minister has to be involved so be it.

Its time to privatise these tracks if its as bad as it seems.The present government is up to their ears on this trip and i am sure if they can unload any good system ACC e.g. to the private sector they would. I make this comment with toungue in cheek but it could be a reality if you involve politicians in our industry as arbitrators.

Cheers Jim Baird

Geez you really believe a ministerial intervention will save time? Whatever you are on I want some of it! You are right in one thing though it is a solution, but then so is doing nothing; but the end results would probably be similar.

Palmerston North Club has been fully incorporated, Paul Freeman is the President,
committee members are Dave Macauley, Jazz Tanner, P
eter Dale and Georgie Clark, John
Michael will be the interim General Manager.

This Club was race by Wanganui for close to 4yrs and made about $50k a yr.
All the best to the new Cemmittee.
Bev

Philoconn won't be back as eventuation has proved him wrong on all the criticism he used to refute my postings with. ;)

'everything' i've ever said about hidden agendas and global governance by corporates, has and still is coming true.,

..the T.P.P.A. that's about to be signed off is exactly about 'all that' !

(deadballs)

Yes I am really sorry to hear about Phil too. I wanted to log in under my original pseudonym of Philocon but I realised I could no longer use that name without the permission of the trustees of my estate. However being dead and agnostic and not believing in an afterlife prevents me from finding out who they are. 

So I re-registered under Philocon2.

Will someone please let me know when and where my funeral or memorial service is as I'd like to attend. I also want to put my name down to deliver the main eulogy - I have so many nice things I could say about myself at my own funeral.

Apparently there won't be a casket at my funeral as last week I went to see the doctor about my cold and sore throat (maybe that's what killed me). She gave me something to stop that persistent irritating coffin.

I intend to bring an old friend to my funeral - Samuel Langhorne Clemens who was born in Missouri in 1835. Rumours of his death were greatly exaggerated too. ( Some of you may not recognise his birth name as he changed it when he was older and started a career as a steamboat pilot and later a newspaperman, But his career took off when he turned his hand to writing stories and novels. He wrote "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" but many of you will probably better remember his later works "Tom Sawyer" and "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn."

No Hedley "eventuation has"  not "proved him wrong on all the criticism he used to refute my postings with..." because I did not say conspiracies did not exist, nor did I rule out some of the dodgy dealings and conspiracies you referred to. They did and do exist but I simply don't subscribe to conspiracy theories to explain everything that happens that I don't agree with. Criticising and recognising conspiracies when you see them is not the same as subscribing to conspiracy theories to explain life (or in my case death) as we know it. Good to see you are still imaginatively using the language though.

bblunt - Properispomenon is Greek for words which have a circumflex accent over the final syllable.  For example Î¸ÎµÎ¿á¿¦theoû, - meaning of a god -, or Ï€Ïá¾¶Î¾Î¹Ï‚ prâxis - meaning business. Handy to know if you read a lot of Greek texts. As for where he might be ask Mark Twain he might be able to help.

The reason why you haven't seen me posting here for quiet a while is, like Aquaman I got tired of a lot of the backbiting etc that went on, short sighted bigotry and the tendency for not letting the facts get in the way of one's prejudices. Believe it or not there is another world outside greyhound racing and I have always and still am enjoying it - there are places and organisations in it where people don't knife you in the back as a hobby, or use prejudice and gossip as a substitute for reason. I enjoy a good fight but a lot of what I saw here fell far short of that.

Next time I die could someone let me know directly instead of me having to read it third hand on an internet forum.