RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
onthenose

So...

Not quite a romp. But it was a top notch game indeed. Some classy plays and very physical. Was a great game to watch, the best Air NZ Cup game I've seen this year.

Hawkes Bay will be a bit dissapointed that that last 'no try' was disallowed. Seemed conclusive on the replay that it was a fair try. But, when there is no video ref, that can happen. It stopped them having the opportunity to the draw the game.

I wonder how the ref is feeling today? Not only for not awarding that decision to Hawkes Bay, but also for getting absolutely steamrolled by the Canterbury winger (Bateman?).

The touchie was right there!, we were just up in the stands behind, and it was that obvious. The ref looked sh*t scared as he walked off. Top marks to Brad Thorn, as he went over to the bank and signed a few things, a few of the other guys wandered over too, would of given some of the kids a big thrill.

Can't really blame the ref or touchie. It was a very close one (I thought he was out in real time). Blame the admin for getting rid of video ref. How much can it cost to sit a guy in front of the TV coverage and report to the ref!

yeah I see no reason really for there to be no TMO, sure it takes a bit of time, but atleast we don't see really close games like the Hawkes bay caterbury game maybe getting an unfair result. We've seen plenty of bad calls so far in this ANZC, epecialy in big and close games, remeber the the Auckland- Welliongton game earlier this year when a Fa'atonu Fili try was not awarded when it was clearly a try, and of course the Sona Tomalolou incident the other day. I think the decision to take TMOs out of the ANZC was the wrong one and they should be back. Lets just hope there isn't a decision like this doesn't have to decide the overall Championship. :)