RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rooboy

More off to Aussie

I see another 40,000 of us headed over that way in July.

I thought John Key said he was going to stop this exodus. Not sure what he's tried, but whatever it was it hasn't worked.

I see another 40,000 of us headed over that way in July.

I thought John Key said he was going to stop this exodus. Not sure what he's tried, but whatever it was it hasn't worked.

Neither he nor Labour have any intention of stopping the exodus, in fact they encourage it with their policies, or lack of policies.

Had a good friend go to live in Brisbane, after being made redundant in NZ, took months to find a job.

Lucky she had some money behind her to keep going. She has a job now paying good money and doing ok, but she nearly came back.

No one can stop anyone going when they hear stories like cleaners getting 20 bucks an hour plus benefits of strong unions.

Labour won't/could'nt stop it either.

40,000 in year end July.

At 40,000 a month, I'd buy shares in Air NZ

Is that what it was?. I thought they must be shipping them by the container load.

And yes, it was no different under Labour, but it was John Key who did the grandstanding in 2008, saying he would stop the exodus.

Had a good friend go to live in Brisbane, after being made redundant in NZ, took months to find a job.

Lucky she had some money behind her to keep going. She has a job now paying good money and doing ok, but she nearly came back.

No one can stop anyone going when they hear stories like cleaners getting 20 bucks an hour plus benefits of strong unions.

Labour won't/could'nt stop it either.

I hear what you are saying. My brother has lived over the ditch for over 20 years. He and his wife are selling up in Perth and coming back here at the end of the year. So.... I guess to some, the heat and money isn't everything.

As for cleaners. There is money to made in the industry. $20 is the average price for cleaning a house, even here (Auckland I am talking about). People I know who own their own business charge anything from $35 + GST upwards. The big companies earn excellent money.

I hear what you are saying. My brother has lived over the ditch for over 20 years. He and his wife are selling up in Perth and coming back here at the end of the year. So.... I guess to some, the heat and money isn't everything.

As for cleaners. There is money to made in the industry. $20 is the average price for cleaning a house, even here (Auckland I am talking about). People I know who own their own business charge anything from $35 + GST upwards. The big companies earn excellent money.

I dont know your Brothers circumstances,but they may have enough cash to set up here and cruise for a while . Good on them. My youngest son and his family live in Perth. They have no intention of ever comming back.The opportunitys in WA are to good to miss. His wife(who is Brasilian) has a great job with a mining company. Her sister ,who has just arrived there from NZ with her partner,a Hair Dresser, receives $23 bucks an hour as a Barristor in a Coffee shop. Sure ,some things are more expensive than NZ(child care is one example), but it is a lovely lifestyle.