RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Bluey

And how many of the senior players should be doing the same thing !!

They have not got the guts to also accept responsibility for not performing,the coach can only do so much, he is not on the field playing the game.

Cheers Archie

Joke.... One of the most decent coaches going around,here we go again,there will be a new coach every year and look $2.50 wooden spoon favorites next season.warriors need a wholesale clean out upstairs

Joke.... One of the most decent coaches going around,here we go again,there will be a new coach every year and look $2.50 wooden spoon favorites next season.warriors need a wholesale clean out upstairs

it was the right call to make. there have been over half a dozen games were they have had a lead of more than 10 points and they are just blowing up. Its clear bluey cant make the right calls, i mean why in hell would you have vatuvei as captain, he is not vocal, he isnt commanding and nor does he have a huge influence on the boys. bluey put that young boy in when he was injured and they had a 18 point lead then he came in and blew it. its bad call after bad call, so hes got to go, think he is to soft with the cizzies. im not sure kearney is the solution however

it was the right call to make. there have been over half a dozen games were they have had a lead of more than 10 points and they are just blowing up. Its clear bluey cant make the right calls, i mean why in hell would you have vatuvei as captain, he is not vocal, he isnt commanding and nor does he have a huge influence on the boys. bluey put that young boy in when he was injured and they had a 18 point lead then he came in and blew it. its bad call after bad call, so hes got to go, think he is to soft with the cizzies. im not sure kearney is the solution however

Correct on the Manu Vatuvei as Captain call. It would be clear to a Saturday afternoon club coach that Vatuvei's role was limited to that of "senior player", much like a Brad Thorn. The senior player who commands respect and supports his Captain.

That Bluey could not see that, brings his coaching ability into serious question. And so he pays the price.

So if the beast isn't captain who? How was that a defining call no matter how unusual it may have been,this team is unusual and putting a new coach in here isn't going to turn this team around

So if the beast isn't captain who? How was that a defining call no matter how unusual it may have been,this team is unusual and putting a new coach in here isn't going to turn this team around

I reckon history will show it was a defining call.

some one who is a general, or commands respect from the team, or talks to his team or not scared to show them what needs to be done - nathan friend - easy decision. how bluey never saw this is just madness. Hes to close to the cuzzys

Interesting that in 2012 Bluey suddenly becomes a poor coach.

How is this?

The Bluey McClennan that I followed was a brilliant Coach. He guided my local Hibiscus Coast Raiders from the 3rd division to Bartercard Cup champions.

To show it was no fluke he did the same thing with Mt Albert.

Then he won a Tri Nations with the Kiwis,no mean feat.

He then won Super League Championships with Leeds in 2008 and in 2009.

Now he is Mud? Can one of you Leaguie experts please explain how this is so? :eek:

Interesting that in 2012 Bluey suddenly becomes a poor coach.

How is this?

The Bluey McClennan that I followed was a brilliant Coach. He guided my local Hibiscus Coast Raiders from the 3rd division to Bartercard Cup champions.

To show it was no fluke he did the same thing with Mt Albert.

Then he won a Tri Nations with the Kiwis,no mean feat.

He then won Super League Championships with Leeds in 2008 and in 2009.

Now he is Mud? Can one of you Leaguie experts please explain how this is so? :eek:

because catman the difference between club footy, bartercard comp and to some degree international level - the intensity, determination and structure of the game is more immense and and intense in the NRL and need to have a very savy and tactical coach. bluey has been making the wrong decisions, and not getting the best out of these crop of players which to most and some very high profile people in the game rate as the best youngsters in any nrl team. Bluey cant get them to perform, the warriors have lost stucutre, enthusiasm and leadership since bluey is in, so goes to show he is not up for it.

because catman the difference between club footy, bartercard comp and to some degree international level - the intensity, determination and structure of the game is more immense and and intense in the NRL and need to have a very savy and tactical coach. bluey has been making the wrong decisions, and not getting the best out of these crop of players which to most and some very high profile people in the game rate as the best youngsters in any nrl team. Bluey cant get them to perform, the warriors have lost stucutre, enthusiasm and leadership since bluey is in, so goes to show he is not up for it.

Cheers mate,I appreciate the reply.

But I can't understand how someone can be proven at club (Bartercard Cup) , Super League (England) and at International level yet now cannot be given a chance at a second season in the NRL especially since Ivan Cleary only managed 10th of 15 in his first season

But I can't understand how someone can be proven at club (Bartercard Cup) , Super League (England) and at International level yet now cannot be given a chance at a second season in the NRL especially since Ivan Cleary only managed 10th of 15 in his first season

Maybe it's the nature of the loses. To the casual observer (me) they look bad. They look like they are not interested in playing for each other. No motivation, no leadership. As such, the Boss has to go.

It will be ironical if they replace him with Steve Kearney, as the above description could have been Paramata this season, up until he left.

Good move to sack him now.

Bluey is a great motivator but that's it. He really should have had a couple of years as an asst coach in the NRL before being given the head coaching role.

Let's hope the Warriors don't make the same mistake of hiring a rookie coach with no NRL experience. Kearney is not the answer as head coach but would suit an asst coaching role.

It has to be an Aussie.

you can't just point the finger at bluey. behind every great coach theres a great captain. whose captain of warriors. manu i mean wtf he does the most errors in the team and you expect the players to look up to him and respect him. take a look at 2 succesfull teams. manly and the storm. storm got a great leader cam smith who gives his all every week and highly respected player. manly got jamie lyon that dedicates his all to the team retired from rep footy. and has all the skills.

you can't just point the finger at bluey. behind every great coach theres a great captain. whose captain of warriors. manu i mean wtf he does the most errors in the team and you expect the players to look up to him and respect him. take a look at 2 succesfull teams. manly and the storm. storm got a great leader cam smith who gives his all every week and highly respected player. manly got jamie lyon that dedicates his all to the team retired from rep footy. and has all the skills.

Who appointed the Captain.Manu said last month he has always felt uncomfortable being the captain but Bluey told him he owed it to the team to make himself availeable to be captain

Warriors (Bluey) 2012. First 10 rounds W5 L5

Warriors (Elliott) 2013  First 10 rounds W2 L8

Go figure