RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kmhood

Sir Percy again and again

not taking sides one way or another but here are some stats from RISA website via equineline.com for comparison....sires that have been mentioned

It's not a case of taking sides - but I find it has become rather tiresome when regardless of who or what a thread is about, Henri feels the need to leap in with an Indy King commercial.

Happily now that Kay has kindly opened a thread for him, Henri can fill it with Indy Kingorama to his hearts content.

A case of the kettle calling the pot black ?

To quote Barmer

He certainly seems to be going great guns over there. Hopefully his first crop here will do as well as I have a mare going to him this season.

It will be interesting to see what his first crop in NZ do next season after being so successful in the NH. So many instances of stallions firing in one hemisphere and not in another. With a mare in foal to him I have my fingers tightly crossed for Sir Percy.

Keep up the good work boys - I have a mare in foal to him so it's music to my ears

Unlike you Henri, I have no vested interest in promoting any one stallion over another, but as a breeder I base my choice of stallion on Type, Performance, Pedigree, Progeny, value for money and (cover your ears) sales potential of the foal.

Barmer you are making this personal, seems like I have touched a nerve. I notice that you lack the courage to post under your real name too. What I have done is expose the truth and pointed out that Sir Percy’s results though satisfactory are not remarkable and I have introduced examples of other sires that are faring as well, one of whom is Indy King. I have stated before and will do so again, I have had a hand in the production of some Sir Percy progeny and would therefore want to see him succeed with his New Zealand bred stock.

Unlike many breeders I intend racing my Indy King progeny so there is no commercial angle there. Indy King is supported in the main by Dalacine Farm who will also be racing the majority of their homebred stock (talk about putting your money where your mouth is). I may be guilty of being passionate about a stallion that I selected for stud duties for New Zealand. I suspect that you are guilty of being passionate about what you are doing too, I hope that you get a cracker of a colt and have success at the sales too.

QUOTE:

Barmer you are making this personal, seems like I have touched a nerve. I notice that you lack the courage to post under your real name too. What I have done is expose the truth and pointed out that Sir Percy’s results though satisfactory are not remarkable and I have introduced examples of other sires that are faring as well, one of whom is Indy King.

No you haven't touched a nerve - I just find your dogged attempts to promote your stallion rather amusing.

I look at the Sir Percy thread as I'm interested in his results - not to be bombarded with comparisons of his statistics with your stallion.

Anyone who is interested in Indy King's exploits can now go onto the Indy King thread.

Go in peace.

not taking sides one way or another but here are some stats from RISA website via equineline.com for comparison....sires that have been mentioned

Indy King 137f 92st (67%) 64wnrs (47%) 3SW (2%) AEI 1.07

Iffraaj 413f 212st (51%) 120wnrs (29%) 6SW (1%) AEI 1.11

Nadeem 198f 93st (47%) 46wnrs (23%) 5SW (3%) AEI 1.04

Duelled 266f 95st (36%) 42wnrs (16%) 2SW (1%) AEI 2.03

Sir Percy 146f 52st (36%) 31wnrs (21%) 2SW (1%) AEI 0.76

These figures are comparable as Sir Percy is listed as having 146 foals which which would be his first two NH crops totalling around 80 foals and I presume the other 66 are his 1st SH crop whci have only just turned two!

To compare apples with apples you would have derive Sir Percy's stats from his 2 NH Crops only at this point. On that score he reads something like 80f 52st (65%) 32 winners (41%)....which is from only one and half racing seasons!!

What I would rather compare is the quality of winners and while it is still too early in Sir Percy's case, he seems to be getting horses in the middle distance category.

Let's see where he is at this time next year...

These figures are comparable as Sir Percy is listed as having 146 foals which which would be his first two NH crops totalling around 80 foals and I presume the other 66 are his 1st SH crop whci have only just turned two!

To compare apples with apples you would have derive Sir Percy's stats from his 2 NH Crops only at this point. On that score he reads something like 80f 52st (65%) 32 winners (41%)....which is from only one and half racing seasons!!

What I would rather compare is the quality of winners and while it is still too early in Sir Percy's case, he seems to be getting horses in the middle distance category.

Let's see where he is at this time next year...

That should read "these figures are not comparable"

Please find below Iffraaj’s statistics in both hemispheres for his crops of racing age.

NH Crops of Racing Age

4YO Crop - 110 Foals, 92 Runners, 66 Winners, 4 SW, 6 SP

3YO Crop - 90 Foals, 69 Runners, 35 Winners, 1 SW, 3 SP

2YO Crop - 65 Foals, 30 Runners, 12 Winners, 1 SW, 2 SP

From his first NH crop, Iffraaj has an 11% stakes performers to runners ratio, it is 6% in his second and 10% in his third – to date.

SH Crops of Racing Age

3YO Crop - 89 Foals, 23 Runners, 10 Winners, 0 SW, 2 SP

2YO Crop - 57 Foals - no 2YO races in NZ as yet

Iffraaj's current SH stats see him with a stakes performers to runners ratio of 9%.

Iffraaj had six 2YO winners in his first SH crop including two stakes performers and winners in Aus, NZ and Singapore. He has had six 3YO winners on debut so far this seaosn and has nine 3YO’s targeting blacktype this month – Empire Bay, Fix, Glade, Kisses, Liberating, Meleka Belle, Mystic Princess, Platinum Lincoln and Twilight Granita.

Just an update on Iffraaj, he now has seven 3YO winners on debut after Caitlin's Spirit won at Cranbourne today for the Freedman stable.

Hi - this is a Sir Percy thread with his foals accomplishments. Why don't you start a thread for Iffraaj. We all like reading what is doing the job as a stallion.

If Sir Percy was that good he would have been bought back to NZ.

So why keep up this propoganda thread?

Because for those of us who don't want to go searching for results we are being kept up to date ofn Sir Percy's stats. Nothing to do with propoganda- leave us alone.

Danny Ralston has just done his selections for the up and coming Yearling sales in 2013 and my colt has made the Festival Sale.

He is closely related to Bally Duff and Think Mink who races in a black type race in Sydney tonight.

But there is no way he will be entered in the Festival sale where I will not even get his service fee back.

This game is going backwards.

Danny Ralston has just done his selections for the up and coming Yearling sales in 2013 and my colt has made the Festival Sale.

He is closely related to Bally Duff and Think Mink who races in a black type race in Sydney tonight.

But there is no way he will be entered in the Festival sale where I will not even get his service fee back.

This game is going backwards.

Do you know when those results are released to the breeders? I've got 3 going to next years sales and am keen to know where NZB has placed them.

Do you know when those results are released to the breeders? I've got 3 going to next years sales and am keen to know where NZB has placed them.

He will be able to get back to after making inquiries to the powers that be.

Rodmc: Sir Percy definitely adds value to your mare he was a outstanding race horse.

But if NZB in their wisdom decide that he has gone cold it is out of the breeders hands.

In my case my colt is a outstanding type and I will train him and have some fun.Life is full of possibilities and you have to keep believing in what you are doing.

Today I received a super email from a friend. It is written by Tony Morris at Lanwades stud where Sir Percy stands.

Anyone can subscribe to their newsletter at info@lanwades.com or if you want to go to their website http://www.lanwades.com

The article is very good and bodes well for those of us who have Sir Percy's or are expecting Sir Percy's.

You may be glad you are holding onto your Sir Percy colt to start his career off - you may get a good offer from the track when he is proving himself perhaps. (dreams are free). For my 2yo filly - she will be raced by us. We hope a colt arrives this year.