RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Styxmyfavourite

Mobile phones in cars

I notice when on my regular walks around the general neighbourhood, that addicts can't seem to keep their paws off their mobile phones whilst at the steering wheel.

I have a 7-point programme for addicts, which goes like this :-

1. Go to car

2. Open boot of car

3. Throw mobile phone in to the boot

4. Drive to destination

5. Open boot of car

6. Retrieve mobile phone

7. Use mobile phone as/if considered

necessary

There !! How painless would that be ! Brilliant in its simplicity. But of course, we are talking about addicts. :(

that would be far to hard for most users of cellphones to work out...

down here in Gore they still use the bloody things while driving and think that it is perfectly okay..some i feel think they look good while using them others think it improves their driving shills.only one thing worse... someone getting a blow job while driving... ...very distracting....

Worst thing is when they are using their cellphone and don't use their indicators because they have no hands free.

How the hell are we meant to know where your turning you arse.

No excuses for poor driving. Its the law !!!

Cellphone use in cars and red light runners is the perfect scenario for bringing back the black and white cop cars to make a bit of coin in fines!

The cops where always going to be too busy to be writng people up for this.

Why don't they just take their rego when they see people do it and send them a ticket in the mail!?

i gore we have no traffic lights but we have rounderbouts,giveways and stop signs. these means ****all to the locals.and the worst type..big 4wd waggons. get out of my way i'm bigger than you attitude..they don't give way and get right up your arse,so you either go faster or move over.. never a cop around when they do this.. although i must admitt the local cops are just as bad... specially around by gore library.. juder bars or not they fly through that car park at a good rate of knots...invercargill catches a few light runners on camera and publish the pictures..now theres an idea for the bigger cities...

The cops don't seem to be very vigilant about lots of the smaller indiscretions.

When I started driving a while back, you thought twice about not stopping at STOP signs, because there was a reasonable chance there was a cop close by watching.

Nowadays, you would be hard pressed to find drivers who actually do stop.

Just little things like that, that lead to people having a very arrogant attitude towards other drivers.

Red light runners are so common in Auckland now, you probably experience one at every second set of lights.

You are right about the red lights, saw ANOTHER crash the other morning just after 6am, some clown had T boned someone at Greenlane/Manukau Rd intersection. You could tell what had happened..

Do what they do with the boy racers - take their cars off them. Can't you just picture it - young yuppie wife says to young executive husband who comes home from working two solid hours in the office "darling the naughty policeman has taken the second company car just because I was talking to my fitness instructor while driving down Main street!!" :D:D

had to laugh.. a relative by marriage, was pulled over while using a cellphone... he was on line when the cop came to the car window..he was on *555 reporting a drunk driver he was following.... still got a ticket....

well the law is the law.... cop was more interested in his crime than going after the drunk....

Cellphone use in cars and red light runners is the perfect scenario for bringing back the black and white cop cars to make a bit of coin in fines!

The cops where always going to be too busy to be writng people up for this.

Why don't they just take their rego when they see people do it and send them a ticket in the mail!?

Agreed. Bring back the panda car cops! Solely to ticket idiot drivers! Why make things law if you cant police them?

I almost would volunteer to be an undercover cop haha.

had to laugh.. a relative by marriage, was pulled over while using a cellphone... he was on line when the cop came to the car window..he was on *555 reporting a drunk driver he was following.... still got a ticket....

well the law is the law.... cop was more interested in his crime than going after the drunk....

I don't ring *555 anymore, they want more information about you than the person your ringing about, I saw a car overtaking a line of cars behind me doing I'd say 150,if I wasn't paying attention and pulled over it would of been a certain head on,and as he waved and disappeared into the distance I was answering questions about myself to the operator. Talking on a cell driving isn't dangerous,texting is a different story

Before the law change the only time I got to use the phone was between jobs driving,NEVER the slightest problem,and this includes driving Auckland central in a manual car. If you can drive its no issue,but the problem is there are people who can't so fair enough,the rules are made for the weakest denominator.texting requires eyes off the road....impossible to react to avoid or see potential issues,although at one stage I could pick the keys without looking.No problem with law change,but in all reality it should also apply to eating,talking to passengers or anything else that takes the full attention of the driver off our dangerous roads.