RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
SP8

and it gets worse.....

that sends their child out on the sports field each week, knowly risks injury to that child. Following Lee's train of thought we should seriously look at banning all sports for children. Sport should only be an option for consenting adults.
yes but we dont kill em because they break a wrist or leg do we. IM getting pissed off with this argument as you all keep comparing it to human sports or pig dogs etc, the antis are not bothered with that at present its greyhound racing they are on to so good luck.

Lee, Rugby, league, soccer, Jim's athletics, high jump, bmx racing and sex are recreational activities that we do for pleasure and do not need just like smoking (better remove the last one from the list). They all result in injuries and sometimes death (including the last one) and this happens to humans not just animals. Using your logic we should be protesting against all of the above.
mike, you make it sound as if im trying to get it banned i had a race dog here not so long ago, thats not my way of thought im just stating its in the public eye now and will not go away. i was a raving anti for years so i know how that side of things work. all the best.lee

but not as far as the kiwi dollar well you never know who pops up here lol gday Ceers Jimbo

jim i live nest to an ex ausie greyhound trainer who knows you he mentioned me to you on the phone a while back but you didnt know who he was on about. you do now.

yes but we dont kill em because they break a wrist or leg do we. IM getting pissed off with this argument as you all keep comparing it to human sports or pig dogs etc, the antis are not bothered with that at present its greyhound racing they are on to so good luck.
also if our kids are not that good at the sport they play we dont send them to kids as pets or swap them for another one so when your dealing with groups like the alf or peta thats how they see it for the dogs.

i meant could you arrange lee
gary i would pick you up from the air port and meet you for a chat and a beer but you know as well as i do you wouldnt show up.

jim i live nest to an ex ausie greyhound trainer who knows you he mentioned me to you on the phone a while back but you didnt know who he was on about. you do now.

where in aussie did he train

how thick can a pom be
as thick as any other nation, can i ask the audience or phone a friend if no joy i go 50 50. are you going to meet up with me then.?

That's an emotional sentence. Don't you mean euthanise? No we don't "kill em'" as you put it, but children do die engaging in sport.

When a pet dog becomes ill or is injured, the owner has a choice to treat the animal or put it to sleep. Do I have a right to campaign against any choice he makes?

Often pet owners chose to euthanise due to financial contraints, any vet can verify this. Should we then impose mandatory pet insurance on all pet owners to prevent euthanising injured or sick animals? Should the cost of that insurance differ between dogs that exercise regularly and those that lead a more sedentary lifestyle? Or should we only be permitted to own a pet if you earn more than say $60,000 and can afford any treatments that the dog MAY need? Should we introduce legislation to regulate the type and duration of exercise a dog may be permitted to do?

Why do you believe that dog owners rights are not equal?

That's an emotional sentence. Don't you mean euthanise? No we don't "kill em'" as you put it, but children do die engaging in sport.

When a pet dog becomes ill or is injured, the owner has a choice to treat the animal or put it to sleep. Do I have a right to campaign against any choice he makes?

Often pet owners chose to euthanise due to financial contraints, any vet can verify this. Should we then impose mandatory pet insurance on all pet owners to prevent euthanising injured or sick animals? Should the cost of that insurance differ between dogs that exercise regularly and those that lead a more sedentary lifestyle? Or should we only be permitted to own a pet if you earn more than say $60,000 and can afford any treatments that the dog MAY need? Should we introduce legislation to regulate the type and duration of exercise a dog may be permitted to do?

Euthanise, well thats a pretty word means the same thing at the end of the day. as for pet owners they are not running a business and that is the main issue with the antis it making money from it.

if some PC plick polly from welly reads it ... could become a bleedin reality

if some PC plick polly from welly reads it ... could become a bleedin reality[/Quote

To many idealists trying to impose their view on others.

Greyhound racing has a rule book 2 inches thick. Rules and regulations that are far tougher than any imposed on the pet dog community. Pet dogs have one page of regulations, sadly many irresponsible pet owners don't manage to get those right, and statistics back that statement.

Lee seems to believe that because greys are bred to race and earn income, grey owners do not hold the same rights as pet owners.

no not true at all, and it really does not matter what i think its the greyhound protection league you have to convince not me. why is nobody from the industry meeting with them or mr cross to discuss these matters or have they done so yet.?

To my mind Lee it seems we do need to convince you after reading all these Cross threads (excuse pun:)). The cynic in me is saying you and Aaron could be good mates...

I doubt that as he owned a greyhound property over WANAKA FOR REARING GREYHOUNDS.

Also raced some here but he has an incite too the problems here as he has experienced the changes in Great Britain and has taken more time to question how it will be handled.

cheers Jim