RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sheriff

This is a "must read" for obvious reasons

better cheats - have been for years

millions going to waste when the problem is not as big as made out.IU is probably the only area of the racing industry that has shown growth in staff and spending and its not warranted.

Do not see any samples from the Greyhounds going to Hong Kong. Any clarification on this?.

John-----Two problems,greyhound nz will not assist financially for this to happen and the main one is that the lab in hongkong is not set up for greyhounds-------In my opinion after the races the other day there are people still using hormones looking at the size of the bitches vulvas,so really makes you wonder if they can test here at all.---

All very well the tests coming up with the results of (small?) traces of capsicaim (sp?) and arsenic etc....is there any scientific evidence that proves such small traces would enhance performance? I recall that arsenic was used years ago but not sure why/for what purpose...I would imagine thousands of horse owners use the CribStop type product for wooden fences and this is going to cause concern for people who spell race-horses on their properties and have the stuff on their fences or on horse covers etc...So RIU may prosecute a trainer fora horse who tests positive for the stuff which it may have eaten off a rail??? Another reason to take up golf...

...just used the CribStop name as an example - am not suggesting in any way this product is the cause of positive tests! As I understand, most of the products used for stopping horses chewing wood/covers, contain capiscum or derivative of same...

A number of comments have been made regarding the substances that have been identified and I would like to clarify the facts and put right some misinformation. Firstly in 2003 HRNZ adopted a list of prohibited substances which includes the substances found in Hong Kong. This same list has been adopted by over 50 countries throughout the world.

At that time there was consultation with industry groups including Veterinarians over the list. A copy of the draft regulations including the list of prohibited substances was tabled at a meeting the Harness and Thoroughbred codes had with the Equine Veterinarians. There was no challenge to the substances on the list at that time or since then.

So the person that pulled the trigger knew what he was doing may have been wrong (or was he careless?). I wonder if he told the trainers what outcome could occur from his actions....

the question would be whether the samples were taken from the GP1 races or Gp races at worst. That's where it counts. Same samples should be processed in NZ as a control. This would ensure NZ labs are performing well

John-----Two problems,greyhound nz will not assist financially for this to happen and the main one is that the lab in hongkong is not set up for greyhounds-------In my opinion after the races the other day there are people still using hormones looking at the size of the bitches vulvas,so really makes you wonder if they can test here at all.---

I have zero confidence in any drug testing done in NZ. They do it on the cheap and are light yrs behind in capability and what they look for. Look what happened when they sent all the swabs from the Platium Paws to Sydney to be tested, half the field came back positive, and what did the NZGRA do, yes you guessed it, swept it under the carpet. Nothing thats happened since inspires confidence in drug testing in NZ, its still the same. Bit like comparing NZ drug testing with that of Bellaruse, takes a good lab to detect these things.