RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Comments Man in liftouts

Does anyone know who does these?Would prefer if he or she stuck to the facts and left out the play on names.

Example in the last yesterday Cangowests comment was would need three days of easterlies how many were put off by this comment and left out of combos?

Just the basic facts please and the punter can make their own assumptions.

Come on Puha - just chill would ya?! No one could back that thing unless they had inside info. I had the stablemate and shook my swede after the race. A comment like "It wins according to Ken Ring" wouldnt have convinced me to back it!

So what sort of "positive" comment would you be expecting for something paying 35-1?

"The facts" you say? Before the race it'd probably have been fair to say "no chance if it started now".

I've always thought they falsely build up the chances of far more runners than actually have a chance, 9 times out of 10 anyway, but surprises do sometimes happen to which you can apply NO logic prior to the race. After the race is always different of course.........

I thought the comment used pretty fairly did establish the facts, as they were known, before the race.

So what sort of "positive" comment would you be expecting for something paying 35-1?

"The facts" you say? Before the race it'd probably have been fair to say "no chance if it started now".

I've always thought they falsely build up the chances of far more runners than actually have a chance, 9 times out of 10 anyway, but surprises do sometimes happen to which you can apply NO logic prior to the race. After the race is always different of course.........

I thought the comment used pretty fairly did establish the facts, as they were known, before the race.

the first 3 50 per cent starts course distance stats ok won on slow track if you taking 5 or 6 in your combo s not the worst and hey Latta on fire down there.

the first 3 50 per cent starts course distance stats ok won on slow track if you taking 5 or 6 in your combo s not the worst and hey Latta on fire down there.

Then why blame the comments man for putting you off the horse? Sounds like you already had "the facts" you were looking for.

Whoever does the comments is only putting their personal slant on things, aren't they? If we all agreed, all of the time, only one horse per race would attract any money........

If there are opinions then these cannot be facts can they?

I remember in the "olden days" when the comments peoples were not actually afraid to state things like: "can't win" or "won't win"

They even used to use comments like "will win"

But everything is so P.C. now......

The lift outs never have enough information, the three runs when failing heavy were not terrible and the track was running about 4 secs faster than the run prior. The nz racing site is the only way to go but can be time consuming and can complicate issues further.i used this site this morning and have found a winner for waipa on wed in race six,can't wait to read the comment !

I bet on Cangowest and a few others after seeing the 10am programme Sat and seeing the rail go back 8 metres. The beautiful condition of that wet winter track meant that the form wouldnt necessarily count this week.

It would be FAR better to have better comments. I dont have the time to study lots any more and wish that I could trust the comments more.

I am fairly sure its Neil Davis, if not he used to do them.

I think he does a decent job.

I don't think Neil writes the comments but I know he does the brief descriptions of races in NZ. Eg ( slow erly,imprv wide 600m, gd fin late )

Guest 2Admin2
Does anyone know who does these?Would prefer if he or she stuck to the facts and left out the play on names.

Example in the last yesterday Cangowests comment was would need three days of easterlies how many were put off by this comment and left out of combos?

Just the basic facts please and the punter can make their own assumptions.

The facts are presented in form line above the comments which as has been pointed out are opinions. I find whoever does the comments for the southern meetings quite humorous. The thing I most like about them is that each comment is mostly different unlike the other commentators who just roll out the same old same old and often for each horse in the same race. If you read their comments you would be excused for thinking that they all have a chance.

My advice - Don't take the comments seriously they are about as useful as the tips given on First Call!