RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rooboy

That useless flag

Not sure if anyone else has noticed (or cared), but that flag of ours is clearly the wrong one.

I have noticed it most in the sailing, where all yachts have the country's flag on their sail. First I find it hard to spot ours and then when I do, I can't make out if it's NZ or Aussie. It's the same wherever the flags are flying. "Is that the NZ or Aussie flag?", I ask myself. Always requires a double take.

By contrast whenever someone at a sporting event has been waving the black with a silver fern, it is instantly recognisable. I'm sure this is recognisable, not only to me, but to many around the world. Imagine that black flag on the sails or flying at an arena. It stands out and you know the Kiwi's are present and participating.

The late Lloyd Morrison was an "ideas man" and I reckon one of his best ideas was to change the NZ flag to black with a silver fern. It's time we made this change.

Look for the red in the stars - or alternatively look for the big white bird shite (Aussie white crap) in the bottom left side :)

But yeah - silver fern on black works for me

If you are a true blue Kiwi, you should know your countrys flag.You are starting to sound like some of our politicians, whinging about not knowing what our flag looks like.As some one has already said, only four stars and with red in the centre of the starts. I bet if the politicians had to pass a test to recognise our flag BEFORE they got paid, they would recognise it alright without too much trouble.As someone once said to me overseas, is why do your atheletes wear a WHITE FEATHER ??until I explained thats not what it was suppose to be!!

Cheers Archie

Rooboy, just watched somemore yachting and did you not see the large NZL and AUS also on the sails, just underneath the country flags. Me thinks you just want to start the old theme of "changing the counties flag" again ? - correct!!

Cheers Archie

Not sure if anyone else has noticed (or cared), but that flag of ours is clearly the wrong one.

I have noticed it most in the sailing, where all yachts have the country's flag on their sail. First I find it hard to spot ours and then when I do, I can't make out if it's NZ or Aussie. It's the same wherever the flags are flying. "Is that the NZ or Aussie flag?", I ask myself. Always requires a double take.

By contrast whenever someone at a sporting event has been waving the black with a silver fern, it is instantly recognisable. I'm sure this is recognisable, not only to me, but to many around the world. Imagine that black flag on the sails or flying at an arena. It stands out and you know the Kiwi's are present and participating.

The late Lloyd Morrison was an "ideas man" and I reckon one of his best ideas was to change the NZ flag to black with a silver fern. It's time we made this change.

change to that silly black flag with a maidenhair fern on it ?

why change the current one?

a bit like russell crowe-bar changing south sydney's rabbit from white to black!

stick solid mate, be proud, come artie come artie, caaaaaaaaaaaaaarl Hoooooooper caaaaaaaarl Hooooooooooper, cup a tea cup a tea , caaaaaaaarl Hoooooooper.

If you are a true blue Kiwi, you should know your countrys flag.You are starting to sound like some of our politicians, whinging about not knowing what our flag looks like.As some one has already said, only four stars and with red in the centre of the starts. I bet if the politicians had to pass a test to recognise our flag BEFORE they got paid, they would recognise it alright without too much trouble.As someone once said to me overseas, is why do your atheletes wear a WHITE FEATHER ??until I explained thats not what it was suppose to be!!

Cheers Archie

Who cares if the world think it's a feather. I always wonder why India has a bicycle wheel in the middle of their flag.!!

The important thing is it's mostly black, it doesn't look like the Aus flag and in a stadium or on a sail, it stands out like dogs balls. But we'll never see it flying over the Beehive, until old fossils like you pass on Archie.

Who cares if the world think it's a feather. I always wonder why India has a bicycle wheel in the middle of their flag.!!

The important thing is it's mostly black, it doesn't look like the Aus flag and in a stadium or on a sail, it stands out like dogs balls. But we'll never see it flying over the Beehive, until old fossils like you pass on Archie.

Think the one I suggested is more likely to be on the Beehive than the Silver Fern. Especially after people like Archie 'pass on' and Mojo becomes the PM.