RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gr8k9z

Crying with you too Valerie

I think Silver is pretty good.

Maybe it has something to do with Valaries' huge display of feeling sorry for herself. Or to quote her 'disappointment in her own effort'.

I don't recall anyone calling for drug test/genda tests when Valarie won Gold 4 years ago prior to getting married and losing lots of weight.

AND since when have shot punters been dainty feminine women?

Golly, wrong again Centrefold. Now there's a surprise!!!!

There always is.

Nick Willis was one to benefit last time.

I have a feeling Valerie will be one to benefit this time.

Hats off to you Madlib in what proved to be the most accurate post on this thread.

Osti has been throwing over 21m fairly consistently and has a 21.7 to her credit. Opposed to adams who had a 21.32 and a string of mid 20s.She should of been Fav for this so I can't see what all the fuss is about. Osti is around 6ft and about 97kg, Val is 6.5 and was walking around at 120 but has trimmed a touch. Great effort,but tarnished by all the drama.

The "drama" has been well vindicated.As I pointed out in a post in "Racing Sports" the big improvement in distance came when The Chook returned to Belarus, 3 months prior to the Olympics. That improvement back in her Eastern European homeland was always very dubious and had nothing to do with NZ's being bad losers.

The Sports reporter on Newstalk ZB came on and apologised this morning for slamming the doubters, and a few on this site should just do the same.

National news this morning referred to her being "gracious in defeat." That's not the way I saw it. Next to Ben Fouhy she was a sore loser albeit with a silver medal. The other silver medallists were over the moon.The admin stuff up probably didn't help but justice has probably seen to be done and I hope she's learned something from it too.

I'm guessing it's pretty difficult to be "gracious in defeat" if you've just been beaten for gold by somebody you suspect to be medically enhanced - and I suspect she's competed against her enough times over the last few years to know something was up. Valerie is, after all, only human, is she not?

Can't disagree with the half man/woman thing, but why would she do steroids when she would have known there was no chance she would not have been tested and and it not picked up.

As she says

"In total, I've been tested 16 times since April. You must be a complete idiot to take doping just before the competition especially such an outdated drug as a steroid, knowing you're going to be tested not once but probably several times."

Serious doubt has to be cast over the earlier testing processes methinks. Who did those? The Belarusian Olympic Committee?

Look at one of the swimming gold medalists. Totally, not the build of the typical strong olympic swimmers? Could it be a case of using a drug that the rest of the world doesn't know about yet?

The shot-putter has been found with an old stimulant, but you're right about the swimmer......

AFTER INQUIRIES i received the following email from the TAB - GREAT STUFF - TAKE A BOW TAB

Dear Paul

Thank you for your e mail regarding your Valerie Adams bet.

I am pleased to be able to let you know that as Valerie has been promoted to the Gold Medal Winner in the Women's Shotput at Games 2012 the TAB is paying out all winning bets.

While the TAB Betting rules do state that all bets are settled on the results announced on the day (please see the applicable rule below) in this instance we’d like to celebrate another NZ gold medal by making this goodwill gesture to our customers.

AFTER INQUIRIES i received the following email from the TAB - GREAT STUFF - TAKE A BOW TAB

Dear Paul

Thank you for your e mail regarding your Valerie Adams bet.

I am pleased to be able to let you know that as Valerie has been promoted to the Gold Medal Winner in the Women's Shotput at Games 2012 the TAB is paying out all winning bets.

While the TAB Betting rules do state that all bets are settled on the results announced on the day (please see the applicable rule below) in this instance we’d like to celebrate another NZ gold medal by making this goodwill gesture to our customers.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/7474181/TAB-to-honour-Valerie-Adams-winning-bets

Good PR for the TAB - that'll behind this decision. Good on them though. When I heard this morning they were meeting this morning to discuss it, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion they were going to pay out, despite no obligation to do so.

Good PR for the TAB - that'll behind this decision. Good on them though. When I heard this morning they were meeting this morning to discuss it, it was pretty much a foregone conclusion they were going to pay out, despite no obligation to do so.

I'm sure they would have weighed up the pros/con's but me wonders if their was a 200k multi finishing on her then it may have been a different story!

I'm sure they would have weighed up the pros/con's but me wonders if their was a 200k multi finishing on her then it may have been a different story!

They reckon they don't know what the final total payout will be yet, as they haven't had time to check all of the multis, but I do wonder if that's 100% correct. In saying that, they didn't have much time to check everything between news of the DQ and the announcement of the payout, especially considering most of those hours nobody would have been working.

there was definetely a multi worth around 20k that needed this result to pay out...im guessing there would have been a few decent returns relying on it too. i think the TAB are just talking this one on the chin and hoping it'll benefit them in the long run with all the good publicity it will recieve?

I didn't like the way Valarie came across when she won her medal outside of her not saying "the other competitior won because she was on performance enhancing substances that are obvioulsy on the check list".

As for her now being at the closing ceremony. Who would have missed her?

I thought She carried herself very well under the circumstances....to me (and most of the world) it looked as though She and her coach knew something was very wrong

I thought She carried herself very well under the circumstances....to me (and most of the world) it looked as though She and her coach knew something was very wrong

Agreed.........posted something similar above.

Gut feeling was right! Something felt dodgy and so it proved.

Well done to Valerie. Hope those who had a go at her unfairly have the gumption to admit they were wrong.

You must of had that same gut feeling every time you watch an Olympics there's that many Shemen competing. Why would osti use such an easily detectable roid so close to the Olympics??? She has been tested regularly for years and fails on the eve of the biggest stage with a substance that couldn't of assisted her in such a short time. Something stinks here and it's not just ostis pits.Did You get the same feeling watching the weight lifting?

i do agree, the winner should be made to get a gender test. i wouldnt like to compare sets with it, him, her, shim

you were questioning her gender, not whether she was a drug cheat, you total dipstick

Gruff, was watching the head of the New Zealand drug testing agency on the tv tonight and he cannot figure out what is going on, he said the same thing about using steroids(one of the eastiest to detect) so close to the games.He is just wondering if the other woman has been set up too?? However he accepts the decision has been made by the authorities but he still has his doubts as well.

Cheers Archie

Isn't it funny how the Belarussians are all indignant because 'she' was tested 16 times in the 4 months before the Games for this substance? I mean.....why would they do that? :D Obviously their own tests aren't as advanced as those used internationally.

Absolutely brilliant public relations gesture by the TAB.

We should all be proud of them.

But consider this; a Sydney trained galloper beats the N.Z. horse by a nose in the Melbourne Cup and later turns up positive. The potential liability for the TAB could be millions not a mere $100,000.

I think the TAB should take insurance against such a remote possibility.

Gruff, was watching the head of the New Zealand drug testing agency on the tv tonight and he cannot figure out what is going on, he said the same thing about using steroids(one of the eastiest to detect) so close to the games.He is just wondering if the other woman has been set up too?? However he accepts the decision has been made by the authorities but he still has his doubts as well.

Cheers Archie

Set up? What a load of absolute drivel.

What would the IOC get out of faking a drug test result and stripping a gold medal off an athlete? Add to that the negative impact and exposure of Olympians using drugs.

Without knowing the full facts, you would have to assume the Belarussian authorities were up to no good or their testing was flawed/not up to international standards.

The "drama" has been well vindicated.As I pointed out in a post in "Racing Sports" the big improvement in distance came when The Chook returned to Belarus, 3 months prior to the Olympics. That improvement back in her Eastern European homeland was always very dubious and had nothing to do with NZ's being bad losers.

The Sports reporter on Newstalk ZB came on and apologised this morning for slamming the doubters, and a few on this site should just do the same.

The latest news, Wednesday am. The Bellersussians are not handing the Gold medal back and want a full equiry.

The head of the doping squad in this case is a Kiwi. Well..... the plot thickens, doesn't it? Could there be more than meets the eye to this issue?

you were questioning her gender, not whether she was a drug cheat, you total dipstick

i think you need to be tested, gender, by your wayward post i would be surprised if your half and half

I personally don't think Val deserves that gold medal` or should be given it`

She calls herself a proffesional` then why didn't she act like one ???

Instead of a spoilt child that dropped her lollipop in the dirt`

I say give it to Mark Todd` took his defeat with grace !

That's how a true proffesional acts !!