RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gr8k9z

Crying with you too Valerie

I very much doubt that. Ostapchuck has been clean all year and has outthrown Valerie all year as well. They are well clear of their opposition,its just that one has the edge at the moment.

Apart from "freaks " like Bolt ,favorites have a happy knack of bombing at Olympics. Serg Bubka was one notable example even though he broke his own world record time and time again at Pole Vaulting.

Clean all year?

LOL

They are happy to take our money. But will they show olympic spirit and come through with the adams wagers.Surely they wouldn't support a drug cheat. If they do I vow to hurt them in the pocket with a lifelong committment to take their money by backing winner after winner after winner.

But seriously they need to do the right thing here. This isnt harness racing where the drug cheat gets how many appeals.

They are happy to take our money. But will they show olympic spirit and come through with the adams wagers.Surely they wouldn't support a drug cheat. If they do I vow to hurt them in the pocket with a lifelong committment to take their money by backing winner after winner after winner.

But seriously they need to do the right thing here. This isnt harness racing where the drug cheat gets how many appeals.

According to Radio Sport last night Optashuk still has a right of appeal but it is unlikely to be lodged as very costly.Only been 3 appeals ever that they can remember against athletics drug ban and only 1 succeeded and that was on a technicality

Good on her, well deserved gold.

TAB will pay out, right?

the NZ tab?? haha. sorry but no. unless they realise it'd be great PR. will depend how much they're in for but they've already paid out on her getting silver

Fascinating isn’t it that seemingly miniscule differences in genetic make-up are expressed in such marvellous variation in the human race. Just as Ostapchuk does not look a thing like the Queen, Valerie Adams or Paris Hilton, peoples’ senses of humour are similarly disparate. Where I find Bill Bailey deadset hilarious, your idea of humour is "She looks like a man hur hur hur"

hey blunt head,

your boy returned a positive. give yourself another uppercut

I and undoubtedly many others had bets on the NZ tab that valerie adams would win the gold in the olympic shotput - will the TAB be now paying out or at least refunding our bets? - I believe they are morally obligated to reimburse the punters and like adams get their due reward - but knowing what a money-hungry cow we're up against i'm not holding my breath!

cant wait until all the drug tests are completed........then we may see a few medals being moved about?...............just sayin???????????

You were right. Why would a competitor do that? Surely they know they are going to be tested in they win a medal?

What are you all going on about.When she got the silver medal she said then, it was not the belarusian that beat her, it was the new zeland admin stuff up which unsettled her so why should she get the gold medal now(tic)!!

Seems how stories can change very quickly

Cheers Archie

Was it an example of taking something unintentionally not knowing that it was on 'the banned list'

I bet there are a few others that are smart enough to know what would be on the banned list and took 'other' options. They probably won't get caught out.

What are you all going on about.When she got the silver medal she said then, it was not the belarusian that beat her, it was the new zeland admin stuff up which unsettled her so why should she get the gold medal now(tic)!!

Seems how stories can change very quickly

Cheers Archie

I never took any notice of that Archie. So what, the administration stuffed up. Why would that effect her not throwing as far as the Belarussian? That never made sense. The drug abuse did.

I and undoubtedly many others had bets on the NZ tab that valerie adams would win the gold in the olympic shotput - will the TAB be now paying out or at least refunding our bets? - I believe they are morally obligated to reimburse the punters and like adams get their due reward - but knowing what a money-hungry cow we're up against i'm not holding my breath!

They're not morally or legally responsible at all - they "pay on podium" and make that quite clear. I'm sure they'd be quite happy to consider your suggestion when all those that have already been paid out on the Belarusian returned they illegally gotten gains. Like that's going to happen........

dont think they will reimburse you,people have already been paid out who backed the other options and won,same as backing a race horse that runs second and gets promoted months later when winner tests positive.You win some ,you lose some.

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever read on here - and I've read some absolute CRAP!!!! Well done for exceeding even my expectations of lameness.

There is an aspect to this, that shows her as coming across as a bad loser, namely

The outward displays of disappointment at not winning gold, when most would have been celebrating the achievement of a silver.

The fact she didn't even stick around for the closing ceremony, she was in Switzerland.

Hardly an action that says she is rejoicing in everyone else's success.

I didn't like the way Valarie came across when she won her medal outside of her not saying "the other competitior won because she was on performance enhancing substances that are obvioulsy on the check list".

As for her now being at the closing ceremony. Who would have missed her?

I didn't like the way Valarie came across when she won her medal outside of her not saying "the other competitior won because she was on performance enhancing substances that are obvioulsy on the check list".

QUOTE]

Correction..

As for her not being at the closing ceremony. Who would have missed her?

National news this morning referred to her being "gracious in defeat." That's not the way I saw it. Next to Ben Fouhy she was a sore loser albeit with a silver medal. The other silver medallists were over the moon.The admin stuff up probably didn't help but justice has probably seen to be done and I hope she's learned something from it too.

There is an aspect to this, that shows her as coming across as a bad loser, namely

The outward displays of disappointment at not winning gold, when most would have been celebrating the achievement of a silver.

The fact she didn't even stick around for the closing ceremony, she was in Switzerland.

Hardly an action that says she is rejoicing in everyone else's success.

I thought she came across most humbly. I also thought she realised she had been beaten by a half man half women. Anybody with an ounze of sense could see that just by looking at it. Made no sense when you saw them side by side, Val was a foot taller and much bigger, the chook clearly looked and carried itself like a bloke. There was only one way a midget such as the chook could beat a stronger bigger Val, and that was with the aid of steroids.

Not really about people missing her Jane, more about her as one of the senior and successful athletes in the team, there to support and celebrate the other team members and their achievements.

Yes that would have been nice but if she was going to sulky and no fun, they would have been better off without her and enjoy the company of those who were happy to be part of it.

I do see your point Alan.

Can't disagree with the half man/woman thing, but why would she do steroids when she would have known there was no chance she would not have been tested and and it not picked up.

As she says

"In total, I've been tested 16 times since April. You must be a complete idiot to take doping just before the competition especially such an outdated drug as a steroid, knowing you're going to be tested not once but probably several times."

I have the same question. IF it was so obvious "why was the Bellarussian not disqualified prior to the Olympics?"