RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gr8k9z

Crying with you too Valerie

Poor Valerie Adams.

Better Luck next time mate.

Considering the winner has more chest hair than BigFoot.

Pics avaliable on google. Had a Laugh

i do agree, the winner should be made to get a gender test. i wouldnt like to compare sets with it, him, her, shim

Poor valerie? She just won silver at the most prestigious event in the world mate, why do we all have to feel sorry for her, she got beaten by a superior athlete on the day.

I think Silver is pretty good.

Maybe it has something to do with Valaries' huge display of feeling sorry for herself. Or to quote her 'disappointment in her own effort'.

I don't recall anyone calling for drug test/genda tests when Valarie won Gold 4 years ago prior to getting married and losing lots of weight.

AND since when have shot punters been dainty feminine women?

Val must have expected there was a chance of finishing 2nd as the other girl had been throwing much better than Val all year.And Opstachuk was at much better odds,$3.50 on NZ tab when i backed her but was at only $2.30/2.40 on most markets.

It was still a good effort by Val but she just has to admit that at the moment there is somebody better than her .Cant understand why she would say that she might just keep going till Rio just to piss people off,what does she mean by that weird comment and who would be pissed off by that.

Val must have expected there was a chance of finishing 2nd as the other girl had been throwing much better than Val all year. Can't understand why she would say that she might just keep going till Rio just to piss people off,what does she mean by that weird comment and who would be pissed off by that.

Agree entirely Richie. Our press put her up as unbeatable but she'd been out gunned all this year by the Russian. Agree too with the second comment. She's second in the world so who would be pissed off with her competing in Rio providing she's a worthy contender. I wonder if she's thinking about Queen Bea whose last Olympic appearance was a bit of a joke - too big, too slow and obviously past it but a great competitor at her best.

It seems to be now that if you only win a silver medal you start crying, or behave in an unsportsman like manner. I think the olympic ideal of sportsmanship has disappeared to some extent as athletes try to outwit the dope testers and the lack of praising the winner is becoming less prevalent. Full praise to Bolt for stopping the tv interviewer while someone's national anthem was being played, and showing respect for that country. Very rare nowadays.

cant wait until all the drug tests are completed........then we may see a few medals being moved about?...............just sayin???????????

There always is.

Nick Willis was one to benefit last time.

I have a feeling Valerie will be one to benefit this time.

There always is.

Nick Willis was one to benefit last time.

I have a feeling Valerie will be one to benefit this time.

I very much doubt that. Ostapchuck has been clean all year and has outthrown Valerie all year as well. They are well clear of their opposition,its just that one has the edge at the moment.

Apart from "freaks " like Bolt ,favorites have a happy knack of bombing at Olympics. Serg Bubka was one notable example even though he broke his own world record time and time again at Pole Vaulting.

Poor valerie? She just won silver at the most prestigious event in the world mate, why do we all have to feel sorry for her, she got beaten by a superior athlete on the day.
thats sport its all on the day, i would be over the moon with silver jesus she is second best in the world.

cant wait until all the drug tests are completed........then we may see a few medals being moved about?...............just sayin???????????

And what about the GB horses - haven't had a gold for 60 yrs ?......just sayin????

And what about the GB horses - haven't had a gold for 60 yrs ?......just sayin????

horses can be drugged /tested too. (antipsycotics). what im saying is give it time there will be drugs detected in more samples from these games there has already been 9 .... ...............just sayin :)

Osti has been throwing over 21m fairly consistently and has a 21.7 to her credit. Opposed to adams who had a 21.32 and a string of mid 20s.She should of been Fav for this so I can't see what all the fuss is about. Osti is around 6ft and about 97kg, Val is 6.5 and was walking around at 120 but has trimmed a touch. Great effort,but tarnished by all the drama.

i do agree, the winner should be made to get a gender test. i wouldnt like to compare sets with it, him, her, shim

ffs could you be the most arrogant, bigotted, tiny-minded twit on the cafe?? Ostapchuk has been duelling with Adams for over 7 years. She's a star. Activate your brain more than just your senses you fukcing tool

ffs could you be the most arrogant, bigotted, tiny-minded twit on the cafe?? Ostapchuk has been duelling with Adams for over 7 years. She's a star. Activate your brain more than just your senses you fukcing tool

rusty, calm down pal. you are one very very sad person arent you. i can see how its offensive to you because your face resembles to a camels arse similar to osta but at the end of the day thats what they invented paper bags and mask for, i suggest you invest in one. now i suggest perhaps you stop hitting yourself with the stupid stick, give yourself a uppercut and perhaps buy yourself a sense of humour

thats sport its all on the day, i would be over the moon with silver jesus she is second best in the world.

It's all to do with self expectation. If you are battling for top 10 and score a bronze you are over the moon, happy, smiling, waving to the crowd.

If you're expecting to win a gold and you score silver you're unlikely to be at all happy. E.g. Phelps when he beaten in the Butterfly, The Russian girl in the Gymnastics, Adams in the Shot put, Kenyans in any long distance running race, etc, etc.

You reckon if the American dream Team lose the Basketball final that they will be "over the moon" with their silver medals??

buy yourself a sense of humour

Fascinating isn’t it that seemingly miniscule differences in genetic make-up are expressed in such marvellous variation in the human race. Just as Ostapchuk does not look a thing like the Queen, Valerie Adams or Paris Hilton, peoples’ senses of humour are similarly disparate. Where I find Bill Bailey deadset hilarious, your idea of humour is "She looks like a man hur hur hur"

It's all to do with self expectation. If you are battling for top 10 and score a bronze you are over the moon, happy, smiling, waving to the crowd.

If you're expecting to win a gold and you score silver you're unlikely to be at all happy. E.g. Phelps when he beaten in the Butterfly, The Russian girl in the Gymnastics, Adams in the Shot put, Kenyans in any long distance running race, etc, etc.

You reckon if the American dream Team lose the Basketball final that they will be "over the moon" with their silver medals??

I agree, however look how many compete at the Olympics and how many medals are given out.

An athelete would be would be stoked to get any colour after all the crying is done.

Look at all the poor sods who get stuck in the peloton in the Tri or road race and that's their Olympics over:).

:eek: :cool: :P:):D :D

Gut feeling was right! Something felt dodgy and so it proved.

Well done to Valerie. Hope those who had a go at her unfairly have the gumption to admit they were wrong.