RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jase

2012 bookings

So

Who out there in race cafe land has made bookings for 2012 matings. I'm hearing that other than darci brahma and Savabeel all the rest of the stallions in the Waikato have hardly got a booking

Me thinks some stud masters were a bit too greedy in setting there fees for this year, and they may be regretting it now!

This is pretty intesting reading...... have you guys actually booked them in, or thats just what your planning.....

I've booked nothing in.... just sitting and waiting for another month to see what happens

What about everyone else.....

Seriously WHY WOULD YOU?

Just look at the Sire averages for the past decade at K1 and you'll see that the Aussie Sires dominate the sales averages.

An Aussie sire is backed by an Owners/Breeders Incentive Bonus scheme to help sell your yearling to your biggest market.

An Aussie sire will command a good sales price - the stats don't lie.

So If you have a performed, well related or black type mare, "IT ONLY COSTS YOU $6,000 to PUT YOUR HORSE ON A PLANE" and go to a commercial Aussie sire.

Seriously WHY WOULD YOU?

Just look at the Sire averages for the past decade at K1 and you'll see that the Aussie Sires dominate the sales averages.

An Aussie sire is backed by an Owners/Breeders Incentive Bonus scheme to help sell your yearling to your biggest market.

An Aussie sire will command a good sales price - the stats don't lie.

So If you have a performed, well related or black type mare, "IT ONLY COSTS YOU $6,000 to PUT YOUR HORSE ON A PLANE" and go to a commercial Aussie sire.

Don't forget the return flight + the stud fee and agistment etc. Most of us all cannot afford Redoubts Choice or Bernardini or Artie Schiller.

Not to mention the Auzzie agistment rates.....!!!! Dry mare would be a better bet to send, or better still, buy one already in foal at an Aust sale and bring it home...or go on a world cruise for 3 months for the same money(or less!)

Not to mention the Auzzie agistment rates.....!!!! Dry mare would be a better bet to send, or better still, buy one already in foal at an Aust sale and bring it home...or go on a world cruise for 3 months for the same money(or less!)

I think that the world cruise option is the most sensible

Mrs Ed I think apart from the expense of going to and fro from aussie I think we have some pretty great (Aus) stallions here who are well proven over the ditch so why would you bother.

So

Who out there in race cafe land has made bookings for 2012 matings. I'm hearing that other than darci brahma and Savabeel all the rest of the stallions in the Waikato have hardly got a booking

Me thinks some stud masters were a bit too greedy in setting there fees for this year, and they may be regretting it now!

Are you trying to say Pins, O'Reilly, Stravinsky, Pentire, Thorn Park, Keeper, Zabeel et al - will struggle for mares?????

I'd be very surprised if any of the above serve less than 90 this season....

Keeper and Zabeel will be fine. They have syndicates behind them so they start at 60/70 mares. However some of the others will be hard yards starting from 0. Stravinsky and Pentire I wouldn't be surprised if they get 60ish. Which no one would be happy with

I see Paco Boy is being 'rested' this season from nz - so looks like that's the end of him.

Keeper and Zabeel will be fine. They have syndicates behind them so they start at 60/70 mares. However some of the others will be hard yards starting from 0. Stravinsky and Pentire I wouldn't be surprised if they get 60ish. Which no one would be happy with

I see Paco Boy is being 'rested' this season from nz - so looks like that's the end of him.

Jase all the above stallions have a large group of shareholders - none "start at 0".

I agree that many stallions will struggle to get mares this season - but I take issue somewhat with your earlier claim about "apart from Darci and Savabeel there's hardly a mare booked in the Waikato" or words to that effect. Proven horses at progressive studs with good broodmare bands will still do alright...I wouldn't want to be trying to get a new horse off the ground though in this environment, and full credit and absolute best wishes to those who are...

How do you all think Linwood Park will go ... Ekraar and there new horse.. Owned by a woman I hear.

There you go, owned by a woman - got to be a success then ;)

We sent two of our mares there last year and were happy with the service - Mary even phoned to introduce herself. We have pencilled in another two this year, just have to decide which two it is we are sending!

So

SHOCKING two mares and have been booked in for three or four months

I have four mares booked one to Pins or OReilly one to Savabeel one to Towkay and one to Nadeem. I disagree with you about the Australian Stallions or the price of NZ stallions. If OReilly, Pins, Pentire, Savabeel stood in Australia none of them would probably be less than $70000. Thorn Park, & Keeper, would probably be in the $35000/$40000 range. With all the variables of getting a yearling to the sales(being correct, injuries etc) to me alot of the Australian stallions are over priced and you run a huge risk of losing alot of money. The exchange rate always has to be considered.

My two mares will go to Cecconi (mare by Gold Brose) and the other (mare by Last Tycoon) to Fast n Famous both I believe very good value and underrated Stallions. You have to line up and take your chances...

best of luck for your matings