RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
THE TORCH

Good on ya Ted

Ted is the Man.

I loved his tenacity.I loved his skill.I loved his great record.I loved he won us another World Cup.I love how he is rattling cages.I love his massive Bledisloe record...I love Twed

Applying his logic we should have lost the final last year.

He went into that in detail as well I guess,or was it conveniently overlooked

I see in the paper today they are saying "Get over it Ted", but I have not read or heard that Ted has not "got over it". All he's saying is, "this is what I thought at the time".

And why wouldn't he question the reffing of this game. Two penalties against the French in the entire game and none in the final 50 minutes?? Infringement wise they almost played the perfect game. Have such penalty stats been attained by any other team in a Test match in the past 10 years? I doubt it.

can say what he likes, he is entitiled to his opinion. Sir Alex Ferguson is always spouting off and he aint retired.

However IMO consider that France is a finals team, they don't give a crap about pool play, then come out in the finals a different team. They have done it at multiple cups, and they are our bogey team.

Whether they had a little help from officials or not who knows:)..

To the individuals out there in the wider sportsland and elsewhere whining about Graham Henry (including the official who appointed Barnes as ref, still trying to cover his backside)...can they answer this ....why would a sportsman go to the trouble of writing a book..and then not write in the book what he/she genuinely believes, as long as basic human rights weren't being trodden upon ? Maybe write a "sanitised" account, to appease the petals ? Of course not. Whether the official lost the plot, or had a pre-determined plot, (and those are the only options, the general playing form at the time of the All Blacks is a completely separate issue), I congratulate Sir Graham for fronting on the issue.

Great interview on "Sunday" tonight. So refreshing to hear his honesty about the cheat/muppet Wayne Barnes. Finally someone with some mana tells it like it is. And he had the stats to back it up!

one cup its Suzie another it's the Ref sounds like sour grapes to me.

To the individuals out there in the wider sportsland and elsewhere whining about Graham Henry (including the official who appointed Barnes as ref, still trying to cover his backside)...can they answer this ....why would a sportsman go to the trouble of writing a book..and then not write in the book what he/she genuinely believes, as long as basic human rights weren't being trodden upon ? Maybe write a "sanitised" account, to appease the petals ? Of course not. Whether the official lost the plot, or had a pre-determined plot, (and those are the only options, the general playing form at the time of the All Blacks is a completely separate issue), I congratulate Sir Graham for fronting on the issue.

But is that what he believes or is he just trying to sell books.

Yes, in the ordinary course of events it could just be someone shooting his mouth off, overcome by the occasion and the disappointment ..........but ya just can't argue with the stats...stats don't lie.......Graham Henry had the stats...and no-one yet has been able to refute them. Even the head honcho ref on the ref panel couldn't deny the stats.

Yes, in the ordinary course of events it could just be someone shooting his mouth off, overcome by the occasion and the disappointment ..........but ya just can't argue with the stats...stats don't lie.......Graham Henry had the stats...and no-one yet has been able to refute them. Even the head honcho ref on the ref panel couldn't deny the stats.

So why bring the stats out now surely they were availeable within weeks of the final .Why wait 4 years.

30 July 2012

Graham Henry's receiving little support from a former colleague in match-fixing allegations about the 2007 Rugby World Cup quarter-final.

Henry's claimed in his new book released this week that referee Wayne Barnes could've been involved in fixing in the shock loss to France in Cardiff.

Current All Blacks head coach and Henry's assistant at that World Cup Steve Hansen says it's not eating away at him.

"For me it's been gone. I am looking forward not backwards and it's all about the future. I've let it go and I've let it go quite a long time ago."

Hansen says there's plenty of positives at the moment to be worrying about what happened five years ago.

© 2012 NZCity, NewsTalkZB

30 July 2012

One of the men responsible for selecting the referees for the 2007 Rugby World Cup, is now questioning Sir Graham Henry's credibility.

The former All Blacks coach has revealed in his new book that he believes his team was the victim of match fixing in their quarterfinal loss to France.

Former IRB referee selector Bob Francis says the suggestion is a disgrace.

He says while there were some refereeing issues during the game, there's no evidence to support cheating.

"He's gained, I believe, accolades he deserves for a magnificent career, but I think he's done some damage to his own reputation through the book."

Mr Francis says Sir Graham's claims are completely out of line.

"I think it brings into question his credibility when he talks like that. I think the suggestion of match fixing I think is a disgrace, there's no evidence around that."

He says the allegations are a nonsense.

"I think he'll be ridiculed in many parts of the world and I think that's a shame."

Mr Francis believes Sir Graham needs to look at himself, rather than deflect the blame for the All Blacks' loss.

Rotorua-born Tony Marsh played for France in the 2003 Rugby World Cup.

He admits the 2007 quarterfinal was bizarre, and says it will be interesting to see what the French make of it.

"Having spoken to a lot of the French team and a lot of the supporters out here last year, they actually thought they were hard done by in last year's final and thought there was issues surrounding the refereeing then."

Mr Marsh says some might view Sir Graham's comments as sour grapes.

© 2012 NZCity, NewsTalkZB

So true.

Why was he quiet for 4 years?? Probably not to give the media any ammo, to avoid pressure on his players, and possibly even a contract matter.

Good on ya Ted - cant wait what you have to say about Dingo. :)

So true.

Why was he quiet for 4 years?? Probably not to give the media any ammo, to avoid pressure on his players, and possibly even a contract matter.

Good on ya Ted - cant wait what you have to say about Dingo. :)

If I'm hearing it right, Henry was quiet because the NZRU told him they would not persue the matter and that he should not either. However he felt the NZRU did, at least, agree that the reffing had been poor, when they reappointed him Coach.

He's spoken now because he's got a book coming out and Bob Howitt asked him "How did you feel following the 2007 World Cup loss to France"

So why bring the stats out now surely they were availeable within weeks of the final .Why wait 4 years.

The stats haven't just emerged, they were always there. However no one wanted to comment on them for fear of people on internet sites going "sour grapes", "bad losers" etc. So all rational debate, on how a team could only give up two penalties in an entire Test match, had to cease.