RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Styxmyfavourite

Petrol prices

Yep...prices on a steady rise again after a very brief period of price reductions.

Rises no doubt led by the usual suspect, BP. Amazing how long it takes to drop the prices, and yet how quick they are to pop them back up.

But on the brighter side...won't be long until spring!

much as BP are the leaders in raising prices, a lot of people use them. Their sites are always busy.

It shows how thick some people are,like the proverbial sheep.To stupid to think with logic.Now Z are 33% owned by taxpayers,why dont they lead way by 15cent a litre decrease.Increased sales will look after profit margins.

It shows how thick some people are,like the proverbial sheep.To stupid to think with logic.Now Z are 33% owned by taxpayers,why dont they lead way by 15cent a litre decrease.Increased sales will look after profit margins.

I have already had a rant on Z's facebook page (why would anyone "like" a fuel company) about them being owned by us, and where are the real benefits to NZers.

Less promotions and "concierges" more savings at the pump!

Of course people are going to use BP and Z(ex shell) as they have this thing going with supermarkets, discounted petrol as long as you spend "X" amount of dollars on groceries etc etc, you have all seen it,thats why the queues are longer at those two stations than the others.Pak N Save stations are only pusedo BP stations as well, same as GAS stations.

Cheers Archie

Of course people are going to use BP and Z(ex shell) as they have this thing going with supermarkets, discounted petrol as long as you spend "X" amount of dollars on groceries etc etc, you have all seen it,thats why the queues are longer at those two stations than the others.Pak N Save stations are only pusedo BP stations as well, same as GAS stations.

Cheers Archie

If everybody didn't but a pie and coke whenever they stop at the servo you wouldn't care about the extra $2 you gotta pay for petrol from time to time.

There's bigger news than a slightly more expensive petrol price.

One petrol station $2.07.99

Another $1.95.99

Why?

I quite often see that. A couple of fridays ago I was in town and there's a BP about 100M down the road from Mobil. Mobil had petrol for $1.92 and BP $1.99.9. Was quite shocked to see the BP was packed yet their was only a couple of cars at Mobil... Go figure

the supermarket giving away higher than average petrol savings on your grocery spend - I am sitting on a 10c and 50c discount at the moment from the supermarket promotion - not surprised to see therefore petrol prises had risen.

the supermarket giving away higher than average petrol savings on your grocery spend - I am sitting on a 10c and 50c discount at the moment from the supermarket promotion - not surprised to see therefore petrol prises had risen.

I imagined that it was the supermarkets who paid for the petrol voucher promo's but of course it makes more sense that they split the difference - hence more customers for the petrol retailer as well as supermarket customers spending more than they need just to get a voucher.

Yep..since I started this thread the BP have hiked the price of 91Unleaded further...now to $2.10 a litre. No matter for me...I bought at Mobil at $1.98 a litre the following day. I pity the poor saps being gouged though...when there is only a BP in the vicinity. For those that go BP when they do have a choice ! ..well...we all know...every village has one..some villages a few more than one. Absolutely. Go you good things.:)

Today BP has put 91unleaded up to $2.19 per litre, almost an all-time record high. My local Mobil passed on the way home today ..$2.05 per litre. Yes, you've got to hand it to BP...Gold Medal-winning price gougers from way back. And the amazing thing ...people still patronise their outlets. Incredible.

Today BP has put 91unleaded up to $2.19 per litre, almost an all-time record high. My local Mobil passed on the way home today ..$2.05 per litre. Yes, you've got to hand it to BP...Gold Medal-winning price gougers from way back. And the amazing thing ...people still patronise their outlets. Incredible.

Very strange BP $2-19,passing Gull btween Manurewa-Takanini and $2-04.Go 800metres on and hell,BP $2-04.What competition creates,and these new Z stations same as BP,and NZ taxpayer owns 33% along with Greenstone 66%.Easy to see who the criminals here are.

I'm quite amazed that the AA has "got into bed" with BP, now using the AA/BP cards to encourage members to go to BP to get and accumulate discounts! Wasn't long ago that AA was damning BP for putting their prices up..! And accusing them of being "first to increase/last to decrease" when oil prices went down...Not a murmur from AA now....wonder why?

I may be wrong but I think AA has had change of spokesman. Or perhaps BP told AA to butt off the criticism due to their support of the new AA discounting with their Membership/Smartfuel cards.

Sure to be political!! Incidentally BP hold the account for the Governement too - you know, the ones who collect the GST.

petrol to rise by 3 cents today.

this will make a new, new zealand record.

cost per litre and the amount of febble excuses they have given us for these increases..$10 to fill my 50cc nornally gets me to dunedin... now i'd have to top up at milton..think i'll buy a horse and buggy....

petrol to rise by 3 cents today.

this will make a new, new zealand record.

cost per litre and the amount of febble excuses they have given us for these increases..$10 to fill my 50cc nornally gets me to dunedin... now i'd have to top up at milton..think i'll buy a horse and buggy....

The cost of topping up your horse every day has gone up too.

AA is not the AA of old when it was Auckland,Wellington etc. Its now AA New Zealand and a commerical enterprise and in it for the profit so will link into any organisation where they think they can make a profit from things,Bp and whoever.

Found that out when I queried a few things myself.

Cheers Archie