RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Chris Horse Stopper

$5 million + Singo = a very good horse......

It is rumoured that Singo has forked out $5 million for a half share in "We're Gonna Rock" who flogged the unbeaten Marconi in his debut up the Flemington straight a couple of weeks ago.

31.82 for his last 600m into a headwind.

Another astute investment by the Aussie larrikin. This boy will give The Caviar something to chase when she resumes shortly. ;):D

It is rumoured that Singo has forked out $5 million for a half share in "We're Gonna Rock" who flogged the unbeaten Marconi in his debut up the Flemington straight a couple of weeks ago.

Another astute investment by the Aussie larrikin. This boy will give The Caviar something to chase when she resumes shortly. ]

Heard that race Chris - he was super impressive alright. Still you'd need to have 'plenty more where that came from' before you started making 'investments' like that I suggest.

Heard that race Chris - he was super impressive alright. Still you'd need to have 'plenty more where that came from' before you started making 'investments' like that I suggest.

but if all goes to plan he will win the Cadbury Guineas at Flemington on the 6th of March which should ensure he gets a good return on his investment.

That's if he wins of course! :D

do we see mug punters getting carried away with a horse after just one start, only to come unstuck! Good work Thomo!

and to write him off after that effort would be extremely foolish and premature.

The combination of a wet track and not handling the bend could've contributed to that performance.

I'd reserve my judgement until we get another sighter on him away from the Valley and on a decent surface before we bring the knives out just yet.

On a more positive note how good was that performance by Denman today??! :D

He looked as quiet as a lamb in his stable before the race.

Typhoon very good too.

Only 7 days til we see the best horse in Australasia again!! :D

and to write him off after that effort would be extremely foolish and premature.

The combination of a wet track and not handling the bend could've contributed to that performance.

I'd reserve my judgement until we get another sighter on him away from the Valley and on a decent surface before we bring the knives out just yet.

Typhoon very good too.

FUNNIEST POST EVER

Foolish and premature ??

Would that be akin to telling all and sundry Black Caviar could stretch out to the 2040 of the Cox Plate, after all Sunline was really a miler ? or spruiking a 1400/1600 mr horse like Mic Mac in the same race or then switching to Whobegotyou.... an absolute moral for the same race?? etc etc etc

Or would it be spruiking Albert the Fat, Pinwheel, O'Lonhro , Tan Tat Sausage OR We Have a Crock all stitched at Tomato sauce odds not to forget your deserted best horse in Australasia Weekneed Hussler, who was going to win a Cox Plate Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cup.

Please , however do not be discouraged, continue to spruik these the effect on the fixed odds markets is terrific for those not wearing a set of rainbow coloured blinkers......

Typhoon very good too.

Denman was hugely impressive [and reminded me so much of his Dad in his action.] What a GOOD horse he is!

I have to say, I expected Typhoon T to win more imprssively than she did. I thought the run of her race was by SIRMIONE! He went huge...bodes well for his return over a more suitable trip..

Shocking went,,well....shocking! Nah, couldn't expect too much from him over that trip, but I would have rather seen him finish off a bit better than he appeared to..

Denman was hugely impressive [and reminded me so much of his Dad in his action.] What a GOOD horse he is!

I have to say, I expected Typhoon T to win more imprssively than she did. I thought the run of her race was by SIRMIONE! He went huge...bodes well for his return over a more suitable trip..

Shocking went,,well....shocking! Nah, couldn't expect too much from him over that trip, but I would have rather seen him finish off a bit better than he appeared to..

Don't fall into the Pollyanna trap Lloyd have a look at the sectionals first.

Another astute investment by the Aussie larrikin. This boy will give The Caviar something to chase when she resumes shortly. ]

Question of the Day

He's a reincarnation of his father and has also inherited his father's beautiful temperament.

The Guineas is shaping up as a cracker field with So You Think on a collision course with him.

Not far to wait now til we see Black Caviar eat the William Reid!! :D

8 from 10 Pogo - he's clearly better than most! I think I can spot a good'un with just my own two eyes after all this time!!!! :)

Fair dinkum..........

I was referring to SHOCKING lloyd.

Did you expect it to swamp them ????

He's a reincarnation of his father and has also inherited his father's beautiful temperament.

The Guineas is shaping up as a cracker field with So You Think on a collision course with him.

Not far to wait now til we see Black Caviar eat the William Reid!! :D

Is it the William Reid or the Guineas in which " Were Gonna Rock will give Black Caviar something to chase" ???

Fair dinkum..........

I was referring to SHOCKING lloyd.

Did you expect it to swamp them ????

How were you referring to Shocking Pogo? You told me not to be swayed by Chris' comments on Denman. I said I wasn't; I can spot a good one by myself. What's my passing comment Shocking not finishing off as well as I would have liked got to do with THAT? ! I said one couldn't expect too much from him over that trip after all.

Are you just being Pogo??? !!!! :)

How were you referring to Shocking Pogo? You told me not to be swayed by Chris' comments on Denman. I said I wasn't]

Fair dinkum LLoyd you are kidding.....

How in hell is Shocking to finish any better in a walk and sprint ??

Next time seeing you are as slow as a kiwi 2 yo i'll spell it out s l o w l y for you

ok ?

Pogo, Pogo...here's what I said rather flippantly in a post which was actually about Denman....

"Shocking went,,well....shocking! Nah, couldn't expect too much from him over that trip, but I would have rather seen him finish off a bit better than he appeared to.."

Now you might have seen something derogatory in that statement - I dunno. Certainly none intended.

It was just a simple observation that he didn't show much and to my eye was a bit disappointing. Of course I would have been surprised to see him run a place - but even so, I would have liked to see him finishing a bit stronger than he appeared to. He seemed to run quite a distance last, whereas Sirmione ran like a top stayer who has come back real well and produced a phenomenal sprint against those other two. It was more comparing the two that I was alluding to.

How in hell is Shocking to finish any better in a walk and sprint ?? - Pogo quote.

In answer to your question above: He didn't appear to raise a sprint at all. That would have helped!

Whatever spin you put on it, I don't think Kavanagh would have been doing handstands leaving the course after THAT run mate. It was pretty average and I'm not trying to be unkind. He'll just be hoping everything's OK with him and pressing on for a more conclusive result next time, I'd say.

Hey, I'd love to see Shocking come back huge - don't get me wrong; I'm not slagging the horse off. Just my opinion of his first up run being a bit disappointing.

And yes Pogo - Ozzie 2yo's are fast! But watch out for a Kiwi 3yo named Zarzuela - she's no slug either... :)

Pogo, Pogo...here's what I said rather flippantly in a post which was actually about Denman....

"Shocking went,,well....shocking! Nah, couldn't expect too much from him over that trip, but I would have rather seen him finish off a bit better than he appeared to.."

Now you might have seen something derogatory in that statement - I dunno. Certainly none intended.

It was just a simple observation that he didn't show much and to my eye was a bit disappointing. Of course I would have been surprised to see him run a place - but even so, I would have liked to see him finishing a bit stronger than he appeared to. He seemed to run quite a distance last, whereas Sirmione ran like a top stayer who has come back real well and produced a phenomenal sprint against those other two. It was more comparing the two that I was alluding to.

How in hell is Shocking to finish any better in a walk and sprint ?? - Pogo quote.

In answer to your question above: He didn't appear to raise a sprint at all. That would have helped!

Whatever spin you put on it, I don't think Kavanagh would have been doing handstands leaving the course after THAT run mate. It was pretty average and I'm not trying to be unkind. He'll just be hoping everything's OK with him and pressing on for a more conclusive result next time, I'd say.

Hey, I'd love to see Shocking come back huge - don't get me wrong]

Lloyd, anyone can spot the horse with a flashing light, thomPson has made a career on racecafe spruiking those.

Each to their own , so you think Shocking was disappointing , that's ok, i disagree given the tempo and the long term BMW goal.

Good luck with Zarzeula i'll keep an eye out for it , while i suggest you keep an eye on Zelda's crystals balls horse Zutara.

Lloyd, anyone can spot the horse with a flashing light, thomPson has made a career on racecafe spruiking those.

Each to their own , so you think Shocking was disappointing , that's ok, i disagree given the tempo and the long term BMW goal.

Good luck with Zarzeula i'll keep an eye out for it , while i suggest you keep an eye on Zelda's crystals balls horse Zutara.

you were in attendance to witness the best ever claim sweet sixteen. :y:

You also must've been pleased to see the Brit show some emotion after the final. :D

Regarding Shocking....He isn't going to even get warm until he is 3rd up, over 2000. Also remembering, his main target is the BMW, in about 7-8 weeks.. Will finish in the back half of the field next start, but would expect he will hit the line better. The Orr race really was a JOKE.. Tracy is a high quality sprinter/miler, and nothing was going to get near her. The rest of them simply need it further. The only racefit horses, were running out of their league.

Regarding Shocking....He isn't going to even get warm until he is 3rd up, over 2000. Also remembering, his main target is the BMW, in about 7-8 weeks.. Will finish in the back half of the field next start, but would expect he will hit the line better. The Orr race really was a JOKE.. Tracy is a high quality sprinter/miler, and nothing was going to get near her. The rest of them simply need it further. The only racefit horses, were running out of their league.

Cut Lloyd some slack, he wears thomPson style goggles.........