RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
fordman

who came up with idea of Monday racing

I have one day off a week...Monday.

I have been at the local club punting all day.

I am happy there is NZ product on Mondays.

We live in a different world these days...shift work, 7 day trading etc.

Long live Monday racing!!!!!

I have one day off a week...Monday.

I have been at the local club punting all day.

I am happy there is NZ product on Mondays.

We live in a different world these days...shift work, 7 day trading etc.

Long live Monday racing!!!!!

more talking bout the on coursre turnover

Fordman/......forget about oncourse turnover it is a thing of the past.

No one goes to the races any more,.....sad but its a fact.

My brother and I used to go from Hamilton to Alex Park (and he drove from Tauranga to meet up) EVERY friday....not now.

I used to go to Te Rapa with mates every time there was a wednesday meeting...I moved to the SI my life has now changed ...****IN EARTHQUAKES...have a business in ChCh and have one day off....I love Mondays with a few beers at the club

Fordman/......forget about oncourse turnover it is a thing of the past.

No one goes to the races any more,.....sad but its a fact.

My brother and I used to go from Hamilton to Alex Park (and he drove from Tauranga to meet up) EVERY friday....not now.

I used to go to Te Rapa with mates every time there was a wednesday meeting...I moved to the SI my life has now changed ...****IN EARTHQUAKES...have a business in ChCh and have one day off....I love Mondays with a few beers at the club

yes but thats not going keep clubs a float they need more on course turnover

you look at paeroa they can't even get enough to pay 70k rates and nztr want you betting into aussie pools we may as well be another state of aussie

Oncourse turnover is irrelevant!

yes i am intrested in how you going get more revenue

wen you consider that paeroa can't even get enough to pay there 70k a year rates

write down all the costs of the club then write down how much they getting from off course turnover then you will find on-course turnover what makes clubs survive

I don't think those who have decided to go with Monday racing hold much concern for clubs such as Paeroa. I think there is an acceptance among them that there must be attrition and smaller clubs will fold or race elsewhere.

Don't know if the Monday/Tuesday policy has anything to do with this but its worth a read.

Overall turnover was up 16.1% ( $4.17m) last week on the same week last year, 5.6% season to date.

Racing turnover was up 16.8% ( $3.74m) for the week, with domestic racing turnover up 19.7% ( $2.08m).

Domestic thoroughbreds turnover was up 31.9% ( $1.64m) (tote fob) with two additional meetings (no Wednesday or Friday meeting last year) and 15 more races ( 39.5%) with horse starts up 30.5% (avg. field size down 0.7 starters a race).

Note: NZRB supplied On-course Turnover total represents On-course turnover placed on NZ thoroughbred meetings from all on-course venues. ‘Total' NZ Thoroughbred turnover figure includes Off-course (including Pick 6), On-course (NZRB figure as commented above) and all Fixed Odds Turnover. All Turnover figures are supplied by the NZRB.

Domestic thoroughbreds turnover was up 31.9% ( $1.64m) (tote fob) with two additional meetings (no Wednesday or Friday meeting last year) and 15 more races ( 39.5%) with horse starts up 30.5% (avg. field size down 0.7 starters a race).

Fasthorse, you should hurry down to Petone and apply for a job with NZTR. Your rigorous analysis of data would fit right in.

Domestic turnover up 1.64m with 15 more races.

Read the rest of the release, and you'll see average turnover per race is running at 140k. Times 15 races, then the break even would be up 2.1m.

That means turnover is down about 6.8% on last year and revenue probably more if there is any shift from tote to FOB as has been the trend.

I don't know either if Monday Tuesday racing had anything to do with that but I suspect it contributed.

While you're there Fasthorse (at Petone, I mean), you might point out to the creative bozos that it was actually 18 more races not 15.

So, break even would have been up 2.54 mil. Turnover actually down about 8.2% per race. Have to wonder what effect Monday Tuesday racing had on that.

We have been assured that Monday racing will be good for off shore turnover.

I saw the interest shown by punters on N.Z. racing at Warwick Farm last Saturday. There was NONE!

Then I was in the Coogee Bay Hotel TAB on Monday morning to see the first race through from N.Z. It was not deemed worthwhile to pay staff to put the fields on the noticeboards. Because there is NO interest in that racing.

I just get the impression that some people are being economical with the truth on the matter of Monday racing.

The genius's now have it for the whole year now,whackers they dont give a shyte, for the players in the industry.

The 2012/13 calendar has been released by the New Zealand Racing Board following consultation with NZ Thoroughbred Racing, Harness Racing NZ, Greyhound Racing NZ, industry groups and racing clubs throughout the country.

Following the introduction of Monday domestic gallops meetings toward the latter stages of last season, 2012/13 comprises a full programme of Monday thoroughbred racing.

The initiative ensures consistency in domestic and international wagering opportunities, with racing now available every day each week.

The genius's now have it for the whole year now,whackers they dont give a shyte, for the players in the industry.

Scooby,

Could it be that the current stratagy being employed by NZTR are proving to be a success ??.

Poor old Leggy must be worried, even the Sheriff has gone quiet on this topic.

Total NZRB Racing Turnover

up 2.06%

Total NZRB sports turnover up 30.61%

Total NZRB turnover up 5.57%

Generating turnover is the only way to help the industry and they seem to be having some success.

Jeepers, you're grasping at straws now Fasthorse. You've given up on the thoroughbred turnover and you're using over all NZRB turnover to support Monday Tuesday racing now, including sports? ffs, and you are convinced that turnover is critical. Isn't it revenue we need?