RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kdt

James McDonald tests positive to diuretics.

Just reading on Racenet that James McDonald has tested positive to showing traces of banned substances namely hydrochlorothiazide and chlorothiazide at Shatin last Sunday. Both substances are banned by the HKJC. He has waived his right to have the B sample tested. He must produce a clean sample before he can ride on Sunday. Not sure just how much trouble this means for him, hopefully not too bad. Assume these substances are also banned in NZ.

Just reading on Racenet that James McDonald has tested positive to showing traces of banned substances namely hydrochlorothiazide and chlorothiazide at Shatin last Sunday. Both substances are banned by the HKJC. He has waived his right to have the B sample tested. He must produce a clean sample before he can ride on Sunday. Not sure just how much trouble this means for him, hopefully not too bad. Assume these substances are also banned in NZ.

I believe you also started the same sort of thread about him last week too????

Not sure what point you are trying to make. If you think I've got it in for the guy then you are quite wrong. He would in my opinion be one of the most talented jockey's to come out of NZ in a very long time. I started the last thread as I was not sure what the situation was with him (out of genuine concern) and thought that someone may have some insight as to what happened. This thread, well if I didn't start it then I'm sure someone else would have. I repeat again I rate him and only want him to succeed. Perhaps you could answer the question. Is this just something that will result in a fine or is he in for a suspension? What happens in these situations in NZ?

KDT thanks for sharing. It is news but Scooby does not like the truth or facts if it casts doubt on wee men, either way. Silly man if it comes out as truth but we will wait and see'

KDT thanks for sharing. It is news but Scooby does not like the truth or facts if it casts doubt on wee men, either way. Silly man if it comes out as truth but we will wait and see'

Hope he will be ok

but could be in the same class as L Cropp, they race and travel so much, they need a pick me up

Storm in a teacup surely,he was down to ride one last sunday at 119lbs and perhaps that was optimistic. he was selected for a random urine test and it showed traces of 2 diuretics.

Tests of a subsequent urine test announced today show traces of one of those diuretics,a further test has been taken and a decision as to whether or not he can ride on Sunday will be made in the morning.

He has 7 rides on Sunday and interestingly the lightest of them is 123lbs.

The last jockey caught in this fashion was suspended for 2 meetings,hardly life changing.

Trouble is Lee never wants to believe any thing any one says.Do you actually think that they would test James and and then come out and say it's true when it's not.When it's on Racenet and the China times and James doesn't want to submit a 2nd sample that must tell you something.It as you say might just be diuretic.Is that no big deal.If so why has the HKJC done something about it.

Hope he will be ok

but could be in the same class as L Cropp, they race and travel so much, they need a pick me up

- but possibly a bit inaccurate to lump the two jockeys/circumstancs in together.

But it is generous of you to characterise a "p" habit as merely indulging a need for a little "pick me up" ... ;)

Trouble is Lee never wants to believe any thing any one says.Do you actually think that they would test James and and then come out and say it's true when it's not.When it's on Racenet and the China times and James doesn't want to submit a 2nd sample that must tell you something.It as you say might just be diuretic.Is that no big deal.If so why has the HKJC done something about it.

Petec,never mind,years ago while working in Stratford, Leigh went up Mt Egmont and was hit on head with a snowball.Sadly he's never made a full recovery

And further, I had no idea he had tested positive until I read the story.

kdt, I sympathize with your position on this matter; all you were doing was repeating something you had read in the media.

Here is a friendly tip for you; don't be the "reporter". Simply cut and paste the link so everyone can read the original story for themselves. You are then much less likely to be labelled as some sort of "stirrer" which clearly you were not, but I am sure you see my point.

I do believe, but why is some people only come on here to air bad press in public,and it is twice this person had done this on the same guy.He is a good thing for racing and has hit a bump in the road,so why sensationalize a small issue.

Advice duly noted.

Leigh, I know you can read. Now tell me where have I got on James McDonald's case in what I have posted here or the previous thread. Given that his positive has been written about in the press and spoken of on radio do we just ignore this on Racecafe? He is like it or not a high profile individual on the racing scene. I repeat again I rate the guy highly and I'm sure when this is all sorted he will bounce back no worries.

The latest from HKJC website

Visiting Jockey James McDonald

07/07/2012

The Club’s Acting Head of Racing Laboratory, Dr E N M Ho, has today advised the Stewards that the urine sample provided by Visiting Jockey James McDonald late yesterday afternoon has been found to be negative for hydrochlorothiazide. Accordingly, the Stewards have approved for Jockey McDonald to resume riding track work and to fulfil his race riding engagements at the Sha Tin racemeeting scheduled to be conducted tomorrow, Sunday, 8 July 2012.

The Stewards have also been provided with advice from the Club’s medical practitioners that Jockey McDonald, who was stood down from riding for the Happy Valley racemeeting conducted on Wednesday, 4 July 2012 due to a virus, has now been passed fit to resume riding.

The latest from HKJC website

Visiting Jockey James McDonald

07/07/2012

The Club’s Acting Head of Racing Laboratory, Dr E N M Ho, has today advised the Stewards that the urine sample provided by Visiting Jockey James McDonald late yesterday afternoon has been found to be negative for hydrochlorothiazide. Accordingly, the Stewards have approved for Jockey McDonald to resume riding track work and to fulfil his race riding engagements at the Sha Tin racemeeting scheduled to be conducted tomorrow, Sunday, 8 July 2012.

The Stewards have also been provided with advice from the Club’s medical practitioners that Jockey McDonald, who was stood down from riding for the Happy Valley racemeeting conducted on Wednesday, 4 July 2012 due to a virus, has now been passed fit to resume riding.

silly bloody media one minute tests positive next minute he doesn't

silly bloody media one minute tests positive next minute he doesn't

Are you for real? That's how drugs (and the like) work - one day they're in your system, a day or two later they've passed through.

Are you for real? That's how drugs (and the like) work - one day they're in your system, a day or two later they've passed through.

my point been will he get charged or not if they saying now he didn't