RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Rooboy

Guy Murder

Does the time that MacDonald has spent behind bars since he was charged with murder get taken into account when he is sentenced for these other charges?

I assume it will be.

Which is a worry as he could be out amongst the rest of society within a year perhaps.

Interesting comments from the boss of Federated Farmers in the Feilding/Rangitikei area. Along the lines of how farmers are having trouble getting their heads around the fact that it was one of them that killed fellow farmers calves and drained their tanks of milk. He said they all thought it was some unemployed, low life (probably from the city). Now they find it's a well respected farmer, father of four, who won farming awards, served on the local school Board of Trustees, cooked sausages at the school fair.

You just don't know what lurks behind the facade out there in the New Zealand heartland. Disconcerting, isn't it.

Interesting comments from the boss of Federated Farmers in the Feilding/Rangitikei area. Along the lines of how farmers are having trouble getting their heads around the fact that it was one of them that killed fellow farmers calves and drained their tanks of milk. He said they all thought it was some unemployed, low life (probably from the city). Now they find it's a well respected farmer, father of four, who won farming awards, served on the local school Board of Trustees, cooked sausages at the school fair.

You just don't know what lurks behind the facade out there in the New Zealand heartland. Disconcerting, isn't it.

Quite right. But I think the "helper" the other one involved in all this, the "hornblower" he will get off, no honour amoung theives as the saying goes. I am guessing this will not be the end of what these two "low lifes" got up to.

Quite right. But I think the "helper" the other one involved in all this, the "hornblower" he will get off, no honour amoung theives as the saying goes. I am guessing this will not be the end of what these two "low lifes" got up to.

Callum Boe, the other "man" involved was sentenced to 2 year prison sentence.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/news/7398388/Suppression-lifted

Can MacDonald expect to get double that?

His comment "I'm no psycho" rings pretty hollow now doesn't it?

His other comment "find the bastard that lit the fire and vandalised the house and you'll find the murderer" should be used against him.....

His other comment "find the bastard that lit the fire and vandalised the house and you'll find the murderer" should be used against him.....

Sounds like a confession to me.

On one hand it's hard to imagine his wife didn't have at least the slightest inkling that he had some behavioural issues but on the other he's a real bloody devious Jekyll & Hyde character. This wasn't just a few B & E's, this was a whole raft of pre-meditated shit.

I just find the whole thing bloody sad.