RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
abit roughhouse

2010 Telegraph Handicap (group I)

Yep and the day he ran one of those quick 1000m races, Vonusti was just over a length away, with 2.5kgs more weight, and closing fast (having covered more ground)."

He'll be the first since Coup Align was a baby!!!! - but you're entitled to your opinion.

Cheers!!

He'll be the first since Coup Align was a baby!!!! - but you're entitled to your opinion.

Cheers!!

Sorry Lloyd, don't mean to keep bringing you back.

I would say that on that day, over 1000m, Coup Align in a fresh state had the advantage over Vonusti, who was coming back from 1400m.

How many times has Coup Align won outside of the South Island?

Times mean nothing! It's wins in G1 Class that stand the test of time. How many G1 Sprints has Coup Align won?

..TeeAay., only 3 preps, only started in 3'type' races as a 3yr old., No show in those on footing that he couldn't suspend himself on., the only times he's been beaten..have been on unsuitable 'gyms'., the Latest 'beaten' run a Massive subtle gathering in the premium N.Z. test of sprinters for straight speed'n'strength., th'Chute Being that dourmost test.

..from my experiences of watching a long time Now., Had the TELEGRAPH's surface been a non-shifting true Good, then COUP ALIGN would've travelled So easily over it's entire duration...so as to've been able to hold all-comers out i'd say., Certainly VONUSTI'd not have travelled so easily..and i'd estimate he'd've only loomed late closing on the race's winning dynamic-of-sections., i'd envisage the result to've been . .COUP ALIGN, KEANO, WALL STREET, ATTACKUM, WEALTH PRINCESS, VONUSTI and KILOTON. [sTUPENDOUS next home]

...all subjective only, but very probably..quite 'true'.:flower:

..but VONUSTI also has enough rake and 'angulation' in the foreaction..so that his kind relaxed patient demenour from an idyllic facilitationary Wideout barrierdraw..allowed him an evergradual extention...on one uninterupted arc of travelment., hence he was way too superior., the lacking of centrifuge as a factor too...running down'n'home on the chute..Also exacerbated his opportunity...he's an orthodox clean actioned athlete..looked after..so he might gather up maximumly each start., he Has all arenas before him alright!

..as for Timmy'n'Marg being his and the visa-versa!, well it couldn't've happened to a more deserving couple..and is some justice toward the fit-up shafting the O.B.C. tried to hang on Tim and Did!

..'twas just So much Justice., it magnified the joys for Me i know!

..only thing missing was 'tailfeathers' . .out th'corner of Timmy's mouth! :D

..Classy Folk!

..yes., in these toppermost classes of horses., i can't really 'have' favourites...because each will please you when they're favoured/suited ;)

"justice in passage folk"

I think the difference is that Vonusti handled the track better than CA. Vonusti has shown historically that it can perform on a slower track (even if he prefers a firmer one), CA has shown he just doesn't like it.

They are both nice horses, who both went great races when you take all of the above into consideration.

My own feeling is that CA is not far behind (if it all) Vonusti on a fast track. That doesn't mean I don't rate Vonsuti or feel the need to knock him. I also think that CA is young and will continue to improve.

Quite why some people want to talk him down surprises me.