RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
abit roughhouse

2010 Telegraph Handicap (group I)

At the end of the day,cutting all the coulda,woulda,shoulda crap vonusti has the money in the bank and a major race win.Coup align still has to prove himself,some of the fields he has faced in south really pretty average and i still believe vonusti not at all comfortable on wet ground,only class gets him through.Love to own both.

At the end of the day,cutting all the coulda,woulda,shoulda crap vonusti has the money in the bank and a major race win.Coup align still has to prove himself,some of the fields he has faced in south really pretty average and i still believe vonusti not at all comfortable on wet ground,only class gets him through.Love to own both.

Yep at the end of the day money in the bank is money in the bank and the Telegraph has made a difference for Vonusti. Still Coup Align is only four, so lets wait and see.

he's only one a PQ, an open Listed 1000m, a Listed 3yr 1355m and a Group3 1200m event plus other races and you nahla, picket.... have owned, trained or ridden what horses better than Coup Align, do tell us

and you nahla, picket.... have owned, trained or ridden what horses better than Coup Align, do tell us

What's that got to do with it?

Because I've never owned a horse as good as Coup Align, I'm not allowed to express an opinion that Vonusti is a better horse than Coup Align?

Amelia... you dont have to have ridden, trained or owned a horse to spot talent... Just ask P. Moroney...

I dont see the whole fuss to Coup Align. It got beat like every other horse. Most horses didnt like the wet so those who say it would have won had it been dry are just idiots.

Amelia... you dont have to have ridden, trained or owned a horse to spot talent... Just ask P. Moroney...

I dont see the whole fuss to Coup Align. It got beat like every other horse. Most horses didnt like the wet so those who say it would have won had it been dry are just idiots.

Well only an idiot would make a statement like it is a fact when we will never know what the result would have been for the 2010 Telegraph had the track been good.

Now next year we might be lucky and have a good track which will please many owners/trainers I am sure.

Vonusti had performed twice on slow tracks. Coup Align had never run of a slow track. (prior to this years Telegraph) Just a wee statistic for those who might be interested.

Anyway, I backed Vonusti but it had more to do with the Noel Harris factor. Old codger for a slow track. *joke*

gg please ive punted many better does that count,how precious are you,is coup align better than,mufasa,weealth pricess,wall street,vonusti if so how and why?

I think the field was an exciting one. The track was not.

Mufhasa is a wonderful horse (I would not mind owning him for one minute).

Wealth Princess, Wall Street and Coup Align are all exciting horses also. There was always talk about Wall Street being more suited to the Thorndon Mile prior to the Telegraph and the FO's reflected that.. I would not get into to a serious debate about any of them.

The point that I think some people were trying to make about Coup Align is that he can run a very fast 1200m on a firm track. From his records, I think he is an exciting horse. 1.07, 1200m horses are rare to find.

That does not mean that I was not impressed with Vonusti winning the Telegraph. I just don't see Vonusti as a 'superior horse' like some people do.

BUT he was on the day fullstop.

I think the field was an exciting one. The track was not.

Mufhasa is a wonderful horse (I would not mind owning him for one minute).

Wealth Princess, Wall Street and Coup Align are all exciting horses also. There was always talk about Wall Street being more suited to the Thorndon Mile prior to the Telegraph and the FO's reflected that.. I would not get into to a serious debate about any of them.

The point that I think some people were trying to make about Coup Align is that he can run a very fast 1200m on a firm track. From his records, I think he is an exciting horse. 1.07, 1200m horses are rare to find.

That does not mean that I was not impressed with Vonusti winning the Telegraph. I just don't see Vonusti as a 'superior horse' like some people do.

BUT he was on the day fullstop.

Well said Centrofold.

There were only two horses in that field that have run 1.07 for 1200m [Mufhasa and Coup Align for the record], and they finished side by side in 6th & 7th place. I was anticipating the clash between them and the Aussies on a fast track for weeks!

As it turned out it was simply not a true indication of sprinting ability due to the track. The opportunity to rate our best against some half-decent Aussie sprinters on our own turf won't happen again in a hurry - which only adds to the 'aaaaggh' factor!

and Darryl - ask Sticko if he thinks Vonusti would blow Mufhasa away on a good track like he did on Saturday!

hey vivian give it up,how do you know that vonusti,wall street or wealth princess would not have run 1.07 or better if they had fast track? Answer me this would the above mentioned sprinters have won the south island races coup align did,barring 1000m squib races.If not you are delusional.Ask will coup align win sprinter of the year,horse of the year,if not,why not?

Because it crossed to the lead Nahla ]

Don't be so patronising - it's not funny or clever.

I don't see this as a NI vs SI thing - I don't think most debating this point do.

For the record I do live in the SI, backed Vonusti against CA during Cup Week (to my cost), and generally accept the horses down here are of a lesser quality (hope that makes you feel good as it seems to be what you are after).

But I have an open mind and do believe this one is special.

Once again I did not back him on Saturday as I did not think he could win on the soft track.

But I do think he went a big race on a track which did not suit - while I accept that others didnt like the track as well, I would point out that they didn't do the work CA did and weren't in front until the final stages (ie they never got into the race at all). Also I reckon Vonusti cops that track better than a fair few in the race.

Enjoy the day up there in the big smoke;)

Hahaha... gotta love stubborn SI's sticking up for their little ones.

Aw, slb, be nice: you almost, God forbid, sound like rm1! 'No South Islander will win a Group One at Trentham in January'.

:tongue:

Me, I just think the WRC should be shooting an employee or six for pre-watering the track and totally ruining the race in so doing...

Zimmo you watching another race or what! Did some jockey get time for flatning Wall Street!!!

Turnip, I am sure Mr Jillings would have given you a pat on the back if you rode his horse into that position in a high pressure race aye !!

Sure he was taken out, but what was he doing in there in the first place, did he think Noel was going to move out and say...sorry young man, you go first.

Daryl, maybe you should just try to say something constructive for once, you really do get to look like the village idiot at times.

Yep, more brainless comments from the genius....

If you watch the race again, and this time watch a runner in behind, and you will see the one horse that was the most unlucky in the race....it is a horse that will be a champion next season. I will even help you out.... back it next season and you could get Wealthy.

Give them Another Aucks power cut!