RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
abit roughhouse

2010 Telegraph Handicap (group I)

8 $5.00 Wall Street (12)53.5

16 $5.00 Wealth Princess (9)52

1 $6.00 A Gold Trail (7)57

2 $10.00 Mufhasa (13)57

7 $11.00 Tavistock (1)54

11 $13.00 Coup Align (10)52.5

9 $16.00 Keano (2)53

12 $16.00 Vonusti (16)52.5

10 $26.00 Kiloton (4)53

3 $31.00 Richard Beymer (5)57

13 $31.00 Stupendous (11)52.5

14 $31.00 Tootsie (8)52.5

15 $31.00 Attackum (6)52

5 $41.00 Veloz (3)55

6 $41.00 Ruud Van Slaats (15)54

17 $101.00 De Los Angeles (14)51.5

tote

16 5.10 2.10

8 5.40 2.10

1 5.40 2.60

2 11.60 3.50

7 10.60 3.60

11 13.20 4.30

9 13.90 4.50

12 17.20 4.80

10 20.90 6.50

14 34.80 7.10

3 38.00 7.40

15 28.60 7.70

6 38.20 8.30

13 42.70 8.40

5 42.60 8.90

17 101.10 20.20

4 SCR SCR

Win Pool: $352,067

Place Pool: $249,503

Trifecta Pool: $154,739

First4 Pool: $24,744

With all best wishes, congratulations and respect to the connections of Vonusti, Tootsie and Stupendous - but this race was a travesty of justice! Coup Align kicked the winner's brains in at Riccarton carrying the grandstand on a hard track...how brave he was today!

yep well done all....great to see a nice horse with nice trainers win a group 1. Enjoyed the tussle on the bend between Noel and Buddy - the old master coming off best and wall street all but falling - huge effort to finish within 6 lengths of winner. How Buddy stayed on was testament to his balance.

With all best wishes, congratulations and respect to the connections of Vonusti, Tootsie and Stupendous - but this race was a travesty of justice! Coup Align kicked the winner's brains in at Riccarton carrying the grandstand on a hard track...how brave he was today!

Agree. On a fast track Coup Align would have won by 2 lengths.Icouldnt beleive he was still leading with 150 to go.Obviously with the track ending up slow 7 in hindsight they shouldnt have watered the track.Unfortunately this was noticed by Aussie papers and i would say chances of getting Aussie sprinters here in future basically nil.Once again NZ racing **** up any chance it had to go international.Shame

Agree. On a fast track Coup Align would have won by 2 lengths.Icouldnt beleive he was still leading with 150 to go.Obviously with the track ending up slow 7 in hindsight they shouldnt have watered the track.Unfortunately this was noticed by Aussie papers and i would say chances of getting Aussie sprinters here in future basically nil.Once again NZ racing **** up any chance it had to go international.Shame

It is because you have a inexperienced person in charge in Wellington, it has been going backwards for years and this is just anther chapter in a never ending comedy of errors, even blind freddie could see the track should not have been watered... yes the aussies will think twice before coming again as trentham is being rn by unprofessional people whom look to have little or no idea or commonsense.

Stake: $1,000,000 Track: SLOW7 Weather: OVERCAST

#

Name

Jockey/Driver/Trainer

Win

Place

12 Vonusti Noel Harris 17.40 4.80

14 Tootsie Craig Grylls 7.10

13 Stupendous Kelly Myers 8.40

Bet Type

Runners

Dividend

Quinella 12, 14 242.50

Trifecta 12:14:13 8568.00

Jackpot:

First4 Carry Forward $24743.85 Next First4

ALSO RAN:

10-Kiloton-Michael Coleman(2.5L),

9-Keano-Leith Innes(3L),

16-Wealth Princess-David Walsh(3.1L),

11-Coup Align-Lisa Allpress(4.9L),

2-Mufhasa-Sam Spratt(5.2L),

8-Wall Street-Buddy Lammas(5.5L),

7-Tavistock-Jason Waddell(10.3L),

6-Ruud Van Slaats-Mark Du Plessis(12.8L),

5-Veloz-Mark Hills(16.6L),

17-De Los Angeles-Samantha Collett (a)(18.9L),

3-Richard Beymer-Kate Hercock(19.4L),

15-Attackum-James McDonald (a)(19.7L),

1-A Gold Trail-Michael Rodd(21.2L).

Note: Numbers shown are the distance from winner in lengths.

Winning Margins: 2L, Lg nk, 1/2 hd

Owners: P T J & T G O'Shea & R Patel

Trainer: Tim & Margaret Carter, Cambridge

Breeding: 5 g Ustinov (AUS)-Reasonably (AUS)

Scratched: 4-Atapi.

SUB: 16

Winners Time: 1:09.36

......CA beat an unlucky Vonusti in 1000m dash at Riccarton.

Vonusti gave CA 2 1I2 kgs that day and V was warming up for the mile where he ran a good race from outside draw.

CA won the Stewards from a weak field , the placegetters being Faalcon and Turf Fire.

Todays field was miles better , V drew the outside and was a worthy winner .

Fast as he is , CA may have struggled over last 75m even on a hard track.

Wall Street was stiff , the jockey nearly fell off at the 400m , but Vonusti very deserving and Coup Align may have not finished any closer on firm track as several runners in same boat.

The Stewards and The Telegraph !!! It is the first time he has been up against real class and it showed,but he will improve on that and taking it up all the way you have to be good.....real good,,,and that is the only way he seems to be able to race.

......CA beat an unlucky Vonusti in 1000m dash at Riccarton.

Vonusti gave CA 2 1I2 kgs that day and V was warming up for the mile where he ran a good race from outside draw.

CA won the Stewards from a weak field , the placegetters being Faalcon and Turf Fire.

Todays field was miles better , V drew the outside and was a worthy winner .

Fast as he is , CA may have struggled over last 75m even on a hard track.

Wall Street was stiff , the jockey nearly fell off at the 400m , but Vonusti very deserving and Coup Align may have not finished any closer on firm track as several runners in same boat.

What a load of old cobblers, Vonusti won very very well and deserved the win as did Noel. Coup Align would have run 1 or 2 on a good track, he had them shot to bits into the straight until he dipped and dived in the ground.

What a load of old cobblers, Vonusti won very very well and deserved the win as did Noel. Coup Align would have run 1 or 2 on a good track, he had them shot to bits into the straight until he dipped and dived in the ground.

.....you are all mixed up.

You must be old enough to be over the woulda , coulda , shoulda.

Lay off the barinka juice.

Vonusti and all placegetters very deserving and if you dont believe me check the papers tomorrow.

Hows the weather up your way at present.

looks like nothing has changed with the wrc. stating that although wellington has had a lot of rain the upper hutt region has missed it. !!! lol. brings bac memories of days gone by

looks like nothing has changed with the wrc. stating that although wellington has had a lot of rain the upper hutt region has missed it. !!! lol. brings bac memories of days gone by

I saw him on the TV. They still got the same guy watering the track. Learnt nothing in 20 odd years! Probly the best 3 years of his life were in the 3rd form!

How many people were on course, didn't look many....

Certainly not as many as there would have been if the track was a good track and the sun was out.

Everyone knew the track condition before the race.

The jockey's were reasonably honest with what they thought of their horses chances prior to the race. So punters "bewarned".

Did I detect just a little smirk from Noel before the race?

A belated happy birthday for him, I am sure.

Vonusti and all placegetters very deserving and if you dont believe me check the papers tomorrow.

Run the race again on a good track and see what happens old son.

If you read my post I said Vonusti (and Noel) deserved the win, probably would have won on a good track as well, but Coup Align just never handled the track, he will win a good sprint race no doubt.

Wall Street was unlucky but was never going to beat Vonusti, just what the hell was Wall Streets rider trying to do, there was NO gap for him inside Vonusti, he cost the horse a placing.

Weather today in Otaki...... like the group.....wet wet wet.

Stop making excuses for Coup Align, Vonusti was way too good