RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
abit roughhouse

2010 Telegraph Handicap (group I)

Mike Dillon has said that it would be a surprise if the Telegraph winner came from other than, Wealth Princess, Mufasa, Coup Align and Gold Trail.

Apart from Mufasa and Gold Trail, he may be in for a surprise.

Well, if people leave Mufhasa out of their calculations, they do so at their own peril. He might not win it but I would expect him not to be far away (if last years performance was anything to go by). The track is a concern this year. Anything outside of a good track is a worry.

The others you have mentioned are last start winners. So yes, they would not be a surprise. I generally respect Mike's reasoning. I think he said Spring Rain would win the year Star of Gold won the race. He must have forgotten at that point Star of Gold held the track record at Trentham. If I remember correctly. ;)

Gold Trail and Mufasa pick themselves. Wealth Princess has an astute guy training her so he must think she is something special to line her up in this. Coup Align I think is out of his depth.

This is a wide open race and Dillon has got it wrong if he thinks a winner outside his named four would surprise. Luck at the 300m is crucial especially for those behind the front bunch.

Tavistock for me.

Tavistock, yes I like him. There is also a forgotten horse in the field who has run a few good races against some class thoroughbreds.

So I have a tendancy to think that Mike just might be aware of that one too. I am not going to mention the horse and I doubt that too many keen Telegraph punters will. ;)

..bit of a mushroom cloud above th'HUTT ya reckon Jane...,..

..bloody FR:DGGS !

..a cutty top'll find us fission well i hope :cocktail: ..we'll include and expect 10CC's hit too . . .it'll be art for art's sake Jane ;)

Coup Align I think is out of his depth.

interesting this one - I live in the South and love backing north island horses when they come down here - so I think

I know where you are coming from.

But, this horse could be something special. It needs to be a good track, and the draw is not great, but not sure you can discount it on what it has done so far.

changes happening here!

16 $3.80 Wealth Princess (10)52

8 $5.50 Wall Street (13)53.5

1 $6.50 A Gold Trail (8)57

2 $9.00 Mufhasa (14)57

11 $10.00 Coup Align (11)52.5

4 $14.00 Atapi (2)55

7 $14.00 Tavistock (1)54

9 $21.00 Keano (3)53

10 $26.00 Kiloton (5)53

12 $26.00 Vonusti (17)52.5

15 $26.00 Attackum (7)52

5 $31.00 Veloz (4)55

6 $31.00 Ruud Van Slaats (16)54

3 $41.00 Richard Beymer (6)57

13 $41.00 Stupendous (12)52.5

14 $51.00 Tootsie (9)52.5

17 $61.00 De Los Angeles (15)51.5

Head to Head

1 $1.87 Vonusti

2 $1.87 Attackum

H to H

1 $1.55 A Gold Trail

2 $2.30 Coup Align

1st Montjeu Home

1 $3.25 Tavistock

2 $1.30 Wall Street

1st ozzie home..

1 $1.45 A Gold Trail

2 $4.50 Keano

3 $5.25 Kiloton

Track rating for the day.

1 $5.25 someone forgets to turn the tap off!

2 $4.50 Better that you would think

3 $1.45 Take what you are given! its our track and we will do what we like with it!

Wealth Princess has an astute guy training her so he must think she is something special to line her up in this. Coup Align I think is out of his depth.

I don't see why if you look at Coup Align's record and manner of wins that anyone could think he's "out of his depth." Mike Pitman is no mug trainer and he thinks Coup Align is something real special too! David Walsh who has won on the horse gave him a real 'wrap' in yesterday's paper too. Make no mistake - if they don't completely stuff the track with their watering overnight he's right in this race on 52.5kgs!

I think Gold Trail willl fold in the last 100 or so in this race. He got a relatively 'easy' win in the Railway through dictating the pace - but this race will be run in a world record over 1200m - not 1100 - and I think he'll be swamped late.

Portelli has been talking him up in the press but he did say on arrival in NZ that the horse was really an 1100m horse and needed things go his way to win over 1200m.

None of us know just how good Wealth Princess is yet - she sure LOOKS awesome at this point, and may look even more sensational after the race - but in my opinion, Coup Align is probably the fastest 1200m horse in NZ at present. It IS his biggest test - but don't discount him - he's a tough, freakishly fast sprinter!

Mufhasa COULD slingshot them at his best - as could Wall Street and Tavistock; and Coup Align and Gold Trail between them could set it up perfectly for any of those three and W.P to do just that. But boy! they will have to run a record to do it I reckon. :)

And I know of those two expected leaders, who I'd be expecting to get 'the stitch' at the 100m mark - and it aint Coup Align!!

..bit of a mushroom cloud above th'HUTT ya reckon Jane...,..

..bloody FR:DGGS !

..a cutty top'll find us fission well i hope :cocktail: ..we'll include and expect 10CC's hit too . . .it'll be art for art's sake Jane ]

I don't know about "a bit of a mushroom cloud above the hutt" - word is Wealth Princess is going to win..... What more can I say lol

Money for God's sake! Good song that "Art for Arts sake" ;)

I don't see why if you look at Coup Align's record and manner of wins that anyone could think he's "out of his depth." Mike Pitman is no mug trainer and he thinks Coup Align is something real special too! David Walsh who has won on the horse gave him a real 'wrap' in yesterday's paper too. Make no mistake - if they don't completely stuff the track with their watering overnight he's right in this race on 52.5kgs!

I think Gold Trail willl fold in the last 100 or so in this race. He got a relatively 'easy' win in the Railway through dictating the pace - but this race will be run in a world record over 1200m - not 1100 - and I think he'll be swamped late.

Portelli has been talking him up in the press but he did say on arrival in NZ that the horse was really an 1100m horse and needed things go his way to win over 1200m.

None of us know just how good Wealth Princess is yet - she sure LOOKS awesome at this point, and may look even more sensational after the race - but in my opinion, Coup Align is probably the fastest 1200m horse in NZ at present. It IS his biggest test - but don't discount him - he's a tough, freakishly fast sprinter!

Mufhasa COULD slingshot them at his best - as could Wall Street and Tavistock]

Agree with what you said about Coup Align.He is fastest horse in country by a long way however with the watering of the track he no chance tomorrow.Have heard expect track to be rated a slow 7 by about r5 tomorrow if any rain in morning

Vonusti! Good luck Tom and Phil!!

Congratulations to all connected with the horse------ Great run.

Noel.... you are a champion. How many times have you 'slotted' them around Trentham. I have lost count.

What did I say "expect the unexpected". lol :)